Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gavin Mccann

HomerJay

Nailed on, Micky.

Gav is/was a proper honest footballer, a bit like KD or Robbo. Much maligned and disparaged, but they deserve respect for their efforts. I'd rather have a team of those types, than 11 cheating whining "modern footballers" wearing snoods.

The Boro away match was a great day. Good following from us and the start of our survival bid. Plenty of ale was consumed that day, remember getting back to my union and watching Bernard Hopkins vs Joe Calzaghe fight at 3am. Ended up pissing off everyone there by singing "he tackles and he passes, he kicks and he harasses, he get's up people's ass's he's better than Zidane, Gavin Mccann, Gavin Mccann" :thumbsup:

The Boro away match was a great day. Good following from us and the start of our survival bid. Plenty of ale was consumed that day, remember getting back to my union and watching Bernard Hopkins vs Joe Calzaghe fight at 3am. Ended up pissing off everyone there by singing "he tackles and he passes, he kicks and he harasses, he get's up people's ass's he's better than Zidane, Gavin Mccann, Gavin Mccann" :thumbsup:

I was in Vegas for the fight at the time. Had just won a poker tournament when i found out we'd won 1-0, doesn't get much better than those 5 minutes.

Decent enough player, but he was seen by the boo boys and brain dead as an on-field personification of the Megson 'brand' of football.

Too true. IMO he was our best player in the five games at the end of the 2008 season when we just about stayed up. Not the quickest or most mobile, but a decent pro who we've got our money's worth out of.

Nailed on, Micky.

Gav is/was a proper honest footballer, a bit like KD or Robbo. Much maligned and disparaged, but they deserve respect for their efforts. I'd rather have a team of those types, than 11 cheating whining "modern footballers" wearing snoods.

He's better than Zidane, Gavin McCann

Hello all, thought i would dip the toe back in!!

me and Desperado bumped into McCann last night and we commented on how well he was looking - well he had a hat on so that did make him look about 10 years younger! He's still trying to recover from the injury but the way he was talking, I don't think he's too hopeful about playing again at this level.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.