Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Non League Chatter

leigh white

21 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Looking at it from another angle, there can’t have been much appetite if the fans couldn’t raise the £7.5k between them. Although I do know the owner had been talking of moving them elsewhere etc recently. 

There's only about 3000 people live in north ferriby many of whom probably won't like football. Blokes I know who tgo watching them are hull fans when they are away 

Don't know If it was the case in the later days but they were owned by the Allam family, who have hull city, so they weren't popular 

Edited by DirtySanchez

• Site Supporter

I saw north ferriby play at Blyth a couple of years ago when they were on their steep decline through the leagues. They brought about a dozen fans. They were dreadful but actually won. 

Nb my spellcheck ironically keeps trying to correct ferriby into terribly. 

13 hours ago, White on Tyne said:

I saw north ferriby play at Blyth a couple of years ago when they were on their steep decline through the leagues. They brought about a dozen fans. They were dreadful but actually won. 

Nb my spellcheck ironically keeps trying to correct ferriby into terribly. 

The day when the Spartans won Stoke in the cup :D

this Saturday one of the biggest games is colls history, 1st v 2nd colls v rad boro at colls for those who aren't going to q.p.r get down on colls for a football fix. sure to be a good game, rad 4 points behind.  lets try to get a good crowd on.

2 hours ago, Carlos said:

The actual nets are from PNE, and goalposts. True story.

Just another game for Colls, Radcliffe’s cup final. Bring it on.

Now now no need to be like that. It’s just two shit non league clubs doing battle 😁

50 minutes ago, Ghana White said:

Good win for Radcliffe, sounds like they rubbed people up the wrong way again. Saw them earlier in the season against prestwich heys and wasn't that impressed.. shows what I know

Deserved the win overall. Very organised at the back. Needed a stronger referee though, Radcliffe were in his face from the first whistle and he was too weak to do anything about it. Some right fucknuggets supporting the visitors. Not great at maths either judging by them singing about being top of the league when even after the game today they’re still a point behind Colls. 

think a draw would have been about a fair result, our keeper hardly had a save to make, a deflected goal, like matt said some proper spunktrumpets have attached themselves to Radcliffe, young nippers all in stone island, convinced they were top of the league, good luck to Radcliffe having to play 1st,2nd 4th and 6th in the form table. 

gutted for ben to miss the penalty, be a job to pick him up after that.

definitely a game of 2 halves. colls were shocking in the 1st half possibly worst performance so far this season. god knows what cleggy said at half time, played well 2nd half and could have won by a few more, widnes keeper made a superb save from connor hughes. all in all a good win, but widnes is ground is everything I hate about modern football,sterile over officious stewarding.

its now in our hands and iam hopeful our recent performances were just a blip and were back on track.

2 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

Another win towards the title last night, 4-1 against Market Drayton who we play at their place last game of season, 4 left - 2 home and 2 away, roll on Saturday V Clitheroe

Newcastle, not Market Drayton 😊

A win for Colls at home to Clitheroe on Saturday could be massive as Radcliffe don’t play until Tuesday so a four point gap would be a huge psychological advantage I reckon. 

going to be a messy day on sat, iam in the squeezy with c86. up the bloody colls, going to be a big 4 games in colls history, 4 wins and they play at the highest level they've ever done, hopefully the people from surrounding areas turn out in there numbers to watch them, these lads deserve it.

17 hours ago, fester58 said:

going to be a messy day on sat, iam in the squeezy with c86. up the bloody colls, going to be a big 4 games in colls history, 4 wins and they play at the highest level they've ever done, hopefully the people from surrounding areas turn out in there numbers to watch them, these lads deserve it.

Along with you lot in the 'Box' we have another 44 on corporate, I think we will be a bit busy behind the bar, I hope folk are patient [like me]

On 10/04/2019 at 10:15, athywhite1958 said:

Along with you lot in the 'Box' we have another 44 on corporate, I think we will be a bit busy behind the bar, I hope folk are patient [like me]

A sound day mate, credit to the bar staff, looking forward to next Monday.

another great performance from the colls yesterday, a 4-0 win against clit hero, a large crowd of over 450 and 50 people paiying on a corporate , the club has worked hard this season on and off the pitch to raise the profile of the club, and its beginning to show, 3 massive games to go,