Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Holloway Factor?

How much of Blackpool's success this season has been down to the 'Holloway Factor'?

Players who have been under-achievers at other clubs, seemed to have blossomed under Holloway. Charlie Adams didn't do a lot at Rangers, D.J. Campbell was dog shite at other clubs. Other players at the club have also performed above their 'level.

Brian Clough had a similar influence - how many players could only really play for Cloughie? John Robertson and Gary Birtles are 2 that spring to mind.

I am not putting Holloway on the same level as Clough, but he must have something?

How much of Blackpool's success this season has been down to the 'Holloway Factor'?

Players who have been under-achievers at other clubs, seemed to have blossomed under Holloway. Charlie Adams didn't do a lot at Rangers, D.J. Campbell was dog shite at other clubs. Other players at the club have also performed above their 'level.

Brian Clough had a similar influence - how many players could only really play for Cloughie? John Robertson and Gary Birtles are 2 that spring to mind.

I am not putting Holloway on the same level as Clough, but he must have something?

But unfortunately Blackpool will still get relegated unless Fergie fixes it for them

But unfortunately Blackpool will still get relegated unless Fergie fixes it for them

The team that scum put out against them next week will be laughable, Won the league and won;t risk anyone because of the champions league so if I was Blackpool I would confident going there next week and playing there second or third 11.

Obviously Fergie's team will be less than full strength. But what will matter is the attitude of the players on the pitch. If the euphoria around the presentation of the trophy affecting the crowd is transmitted to the players then an upset is possible albeit unlikely. But many could be playing for a place on the bench ay Wembley.

In short, Blackpool will have more chance of getting a favourable result than if they had visited OT at any time earlier in the season.

Obviously Fergie's team will be less than full strength. But what will matter is the attitude of the players on the pitch. If the euphoria around the presentation of the trophy affecting the crowd is transmitted to the players then an upset is possible albeit unlikely. But many could be playing for a place on the bench ay Wembley.

In short, Blackpool will have more chance of getting a favourable result than if they had visited OT at any time earlier in the season.

Both Derby and West Ham won at Old Trafford on the last day of the season to stay up, when Utd had nothing to play for. It wouldn't surprise me if Blackpool did the same.

Edited by SpiritofBurnden

• Site Supporter

I'd imagine wolves would be pissed off at the potential situation. They got fined for fielding an under-strength team at O/T because McCartney thought it was unwinnable. If United do the same do you think they'll also get fined? No, me neither!:nea:

I'd imagine wolves would be pissed off at the potential situation. They got fined for fielding an under-strength team at O/T because McCartney thought it was unwinnable. If United do the same do you think they'll also get fined? No, me neither!:nea:

Did we get fined against Blackburn?

Considering AF has been charged for praising Howard Webb before a game, you never know.

However daft, I think they're right to charge him for it.

• Moderators

Considering AF has been charged for praising Howard Webb before a game, you never know.

as do I

just stfu about referees you red nosed cheat

wtf are you waffling about

Playing that side which could have been perceived to have been under-strength. There was a discussion about it on talksport, but nothing came of it like.

Edited by Didledee

I certainly would

• Moderators

Playing that side which could have been perceived to have been under-strength. There was a discussion about it on talksport, but nothing came of it like.

in what way was it understrength

bogdan for jussi is about it

For what it is worth I believe you should be able to pick whoever you like from your 25 man squad.

Correct. We also had a number of injuries. The day I start taking opinions on talk sport seriously, I give my head a wobble as they say.

And so it shouldn't. 3 games in 6 days with an injury to our only RB. A few changed we're to be expected.

I agree, but other teams fans were complaining, it's not as if we played our regular reserves, it's probably because they saw that line up and compared it to our strongest and thought fuck the what is this, without knowing why Coyle had to make certain changes.

Unfortunately the argument about the "25 man squad" is flawed, because the nominated squad includes an unlimited number of younger players (Liverpool's list certainly has over 40 names). The inclusion of extras is based solely on age - not perceived ability. The decision about whether a team is at proper strength is arbitrary. (And in my view not fairly enforcible.)

In the case of Bogdan for Jussi, it might have been a wake-up call (and probably was) and it might have been because of a minor injury which the manager did not want to publicise. In handling the press the attitude must always be to feed them with a succession of stories but NEVER tell them what they really would like to know.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.