Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fixtures Are Out On Monday

Zico

It's certainly a heavy start, with last season's top 4 plus Liverpool mixed with 2 newly promoted teams (who often start well) for the first 7 fixtuires.

But we meet ManU the weekend before their first European match, and Arsenal the weekend before their second group match (whichever comp they are in at the time).

And we meet the 3 Europa League starters the weekend after group matches (if they get that far).

(Stoke on the final day is 4 days after the Europa final in Bucharest)

It's certainly a heavy start, with last season's top 4 plus Liverpool mixed with 2 newly promoted teams (who often start well) for the first 7 fixtuires.

But we meet ManU the weekend before their first European match, and Arsenal the weekend before their second group match (whichever comp they are in at the time).

And we meet the 3 Europa League starters the weekend after group matches (if they get that far).

(Stoke on the final day is 4 days after the Europa final in Bucharest)

Very good investagative work - I feel a bit brighter now !!

Could it be any worse :mellow:

If we get loads of points out of them, then we should be challenging for the League, vice versa and Holden will have to become even more supreme when he comes back and we're deep in trouble.

Whatever computer made that list, should be thrown in the skip.

T'is true, but I'd much prefer to have them spread out or at least have them around November/December time, the games will get 'easier' after the hard start but if we do struggle to get points at the beginning then that could not only see us playing catch up big style, it could also knock the confidence out of the side and get them into a habit of dropping points.

What is wrong with you all, you miserable bastards. We've got to play these teams at some point in the season.

I think it's a perfect start, get some against-the-grain points on the board and we're in clover.

As ever, NB, you are spot on.

blokes know nowt about footie

Guest Blixa

A lot of the big boys will have Euro games and a squad full of new players, many new to the English game. Earlier is often better than later.

Better to play the big guns early imo. They seem to drop more points then around the early euro games. If we manage to get 6/7 points from the first 7 games that will put us in a decent position with some tough games out of the way.

What is wrong with you all, you miserable bastards. We've got to play these teams at some point in the season.

I agree

I would rather get them out of the way, than have that run of fixtures at the end of the season when we need for points.

• Moderators

aye and after City on March 3rd we don't play a team again that I'd expect to be looking at Europe, cept for Spurs

QPR h

Villa a

Blackburn h

Wolves a

Fulham h

Newcastle a

Spurs h

Swansea h

Sunderland a

West Brom h

Stoke a

as run in goes, it could be a lot lot worse

• Site Supporter

Fucking harder start than a start that's harder than hard and then very fuckin hard.

Whilst also walking up a slippery hill with with no shoes on into a hurricane and seven people throwing frogs and spades at you.

Blindfolded.

and feet tied together.

Finished

• Site Supporter

aye and after City on March 3rd we don't play a team again that I'd expect to be looking at Europe, cept for Spurs

QPR h

Villa a

Blackburn h

Wolves a

Fulham h

Newcastle a

Spurs h

Swansea h

Sunderland a

West Brom h

Stoke a

as run in goes, it could be a lot lot worse

Our title run in looks easy then.

Fucking harder start than a start that's harder than hard and then very fuckin hard.

Whilst also walking up a slippery hill with with no shoes on into a hurricane and seven people throwing frogs and spades at you.

Blindfolded.

and feet tied together.

Finished

Do you pay for the drugs your on or are they just medication?

Better to play the big guns early imo. They seem to drop more points then around the early euro games. If we manage to get 6/7 points from the first 7 games that will put us in a decent position with some tough games out of the way.

I agree, look at Scum for an example - they always have a slow, by their standards, start and then steamroller teams in the last 3/4 of the season, Liverpool will have a team half full of new players, City are City (anything can happen!!!) Top 4 by mid September COYWM

a lot of half empty glasses on here i know why dont we ring that nice man at the f a and ask him if he would'nt mind us not playing this season as we're getting relegated anyway and we could save our money till next year . we can summise and predict all we want but we wont know owt till its

happened so we might aswell look on the bright side ' the worst that could happen is what a lot on here are expecting anyway ( so as the bishop

said to the actress we'll just av to suck it and see)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.