Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Renting

Started renting a place in December with a lease for 13 months ending this coming January.

Im perfect tennant, only ever made a request once. I asked them to remove the sofa as it was gash so I could get my own. Was told no, end of the matter.

Always pay on time, never a problem.

found out a month after I moved in the landlord was selling, so there would be people coming round to view. What a coincidence, like they didnt know before I moved in.

Anyway I got on with it and let them come to view whenever they wanted knowing id be getting the boot at best at the end of my lease.

fast forward 7 months and im still having 2 or 3 people a week coming and its gone beyond being a pain in the arse. Its not just the viewings, it the constant E-Mails and phone calls 3 times a week whilst im at work.

2 weeks ago I was snowed under at work and didnt respond to an E-Mail asking if they could show someone round the next day.

anyway they just did it anyway (I know this because they always lock the top lock on the door which I don't)

so i thought fuck them. ive had enough of this they are taking the piss. decided to ignore all emails and phone calls.

had an e-mail asking for a viewing today and monday. i ignored it and ignored all calls.

i then gets a text message about 3pm today whilst im at the cricket stating if i dont give them permission the landlord will be giving me 24 hours notice requesting permission to enter for the viewing on monday

anyway jst got back and the cunts came again and showed them round(again the top lock had be locked)

surely this is taking the piss? 2 or 3 viewings a week for 7 months now and even when I dont give permission the cunts just come anyway.

is there anything i can do?

I wouldn't mind getting my 2,500 deposit back when I do get fucked off

Fuck me it must be some gaff, I have rented for years and have only ever had to put a months rent down as deposit.

If I where you then I would just say to them that if they want to show the house at its best then it would be best if you both agreed on a perticular day a week (every monday for example) when they can arrange as many viewings as possible.

If they dont go for that then I would do the usual 30 day notice without paying your last months rent, that way you know you are not going to lose your months bond.

• Site Supporter

This may be me being naive as I have never rented, is there any clauses in your rental contract regarding viewings of the property. Surely you have a right to say when somebody wants to view 'your' house' :pardon:

yup.. its basically breaking into your house and there is a rule against it.. id find it but its 00.30 and i'm suppost to be working..

we have never had that problem after the last landlord decided to go in on his own, forgetting we have 3 dogs..

• Site Supporter

A grand a month?

Are you renting a fucking castle?

Few options:

1) Answer the door wearing a tight skirt and bra top with make up applied in a really amatuer fashion. Your "lifestyle" choices can't prevent them returning your deposit.

2) Print out a thousand pictures of Jesus and put them up all over the walls. In the front room build a shrine to Cliff Richard with his head pasted onto pictures of naked male bodies.

3) When masturbating, shoot your muck onto black t-shirts for a few weeks and leave them deliberatly and clearly next to the bed.

4) Hide a little stereo playing a loop of ghost noises in the attic.

None of these can stop you getting your deposit back you posh twat.

Spider trust me its a 1 bedroom 'apartment' that you couldnt swing a cat in.

Im not joking here, keep the replies coming as im telling the cunts a set time once a week on a monday and dont even bother requesting again.

If thry dont like it im going to put some of these ideas into practice

• Site Supporter

Spider trust me its a 1 bedroom 'apartment' that you couldnt swing a cat in.

Im not joking here, keep the replies coming as im telling the cunts a set time once a week on a monday and dont even bother requesting again.

If thry dont like it im going to put some of these ideas into practice

If it's not in Kensington or Holland Park then you're far too rich.

What does your tenancy agreement say about right of access for your landlord?

Also your local council's Housing Department (private sector housing) should be able to tell you about your rights in this matter.

Edited by Sluffy

Agreed it is allways best to get some proper advice, citizens advice should be able to point you in the correct dirrection.

However from the bit of digging I have done I think you are holding the aces, Your landlord and his agents can only access the property with your permission. If you refuse to grant permission then they would have to go to court to evict you early from your tenancy agreement before they can carry on with viewings. Although it is correct that they can give 24 hours notice to view the property If they wish they can only really do this every 3 months. Any more can be viewed as harrasment. It also says that you could change the locks, as long as you kept original lock and key and replaced it at the end of your tennancy.

Found this on the shelter web site, again it would be best to get proper verbal advice.

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/eviction/harassment_and_illegal_eviction_by_landlord/why_harassment_occurs

If I where you I would talk to the landlord / agent and just explain why you are not happy. They need you much more than you need them. You are offering them much more than you have too giving them a day a week when they can arrange all viewings.

I would also not pay rent for the last 2 months of your agreement, say you have lost your job and dont have any money and they will have to use the bond for the last 2 months. I Have been burnt many a time trying to get a bond back and these lot sound like cowboys so will probably be as bad.

Ok mate here goes..,

Basically the law is on the tenants side so the ll doesnt have a leg yo stand on

Evicting you- if youve signed a 13 month tenancy he cant evict you unless you breach the tenancy unless hes served a section 8 at the start of the tenancy stating he owns the housr and wishes to sell i presume he didnt

Coming round- as a tenant your entitled to something called quiet enjoyment so it basically means the ll cant keep coming round harrasing you, but l he can come round to do an inspection or if he has a good reason ti but still has to give you 24 hours notice, by the sounds if it hes coming rpund to much so will have breached the tenancy agreement so in effect ypu could walk away

Deposit- this has to be put into a registerd deposit scheme probably the dps (type it in on google) and the ll has to tell tou where hexl has pit it within14 days or you can take him to court foR3 times the deposit amount, this stops the ll doung what he wants with the depositand they will sort out disputes

Hope that helps

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.