Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan 1 Bolton 3

Guest bwfcdan

if someone does not want to go to the game, or has something they would rather do or something they have to do then it really does not matter.

if someone thinks the team is shit and not worth supporting then they will do nothing to lift the team, so being there or not not much different.

if the same people then complain about the club having no ambition or the game having no atmosphere they are on dodgy ground

people who go to the game just because they think if they miss a game they are a lesser person/supporter are a strange lot.

i am going to wigan cos i want to and hope loads more do the same, if they do not go and we win 27-2 then i know who will regret their desicion more.

if we get beat 1 0 am sure i will wish i had nt bothered, but in the long run the games you remember as a fan are those you go not those you miss.

• Members

OK Dazbobparr, as i.ve upset you this isn't directed at you but anyone who would rather go 'supping' than go to Wigan, enjoy your beer, i'd much sooner Support my team and have some beer.

You've not upset me per se. You've just made me think you're a cock for comments such as "We don't need your type of support".

Yes, you're going. I commend you for that. I commend anyone who goes to any game. However, I'd never slate anyone because I didn't think they were being a 'proper' fan.

I was at the home game mauling at the hands of Chelsea. I stayed in my seat until the final whistle. Plenty of folk left at half time. Whilst I don't agree with fans leaving early, I wouldn't say I was a better fan then them for me not doing so. Shame on you for your superiority complex.

FWIW worth I hope you have a great time on Saturday, as that would indicate a win for the super whites, which ultimately is what we all want.

Now, I'm quite happy to put you ignore. I suggest you do the same. :drinks:

Unbelievable :nea: :nea:

I'm not saying don't go and support them, but there's no rule that says you have to go, it's a two way thing, the players ain't doing their bit at all, so that's why I say they don't deserve at least 1 atm.

Obviously there are unwritten rules and the norm things to do, like support your team through thick and thin etc, but they still have to earn the support and until it becomes illegal not to go, then no fan who have Bolton in their heart, should be called what Daz was.

Edited by Didledee

I honestly don't think we have the players who are capable of playing better just because there are more fans in the stadium.

A 12th man would not make players like Knight play better, it's bad enough watching them at home. You may have a good craic at the game but there is zero value for money, football wise atm, they need to start earning the support, I respect all who go, you're a better fan than me, but I still care.

Again bullshit

Sometimes you can go to a game and if bwfc play shit the ticket was not worth ?1 let alone ?20 or ?40, you go because you remember how great value for money it was when you went to wolves away for ?25 and watched us win 3-2 when you would have happily payed ?50! If I had the benefit of hindsight the ?50 tickets at QPR away looked like a real bargain.

When we get a good result at Wigan this saturday and the 4000 behind the net are going mental you will be sat in front of your lap top flicking between a shit stream and bukkakeboys and its you who wont be getting the value.

When we get a good result at Wigan this saturday and the 4000 behind the net are going mental you will be sat in front of your lap top flicking between a shit stream and bukkakeboys and its you who wont be getting the value.

You can't predict the future, no one can, you can predict what will happen, but please don't reply to me using situations that are unknown and will only be known around 4.55pm on Saturday.

You may see it as value for money, but Bolton had the worst away record last season and also are bottom of the table and have lost 12 out of 13, I'm not saying this should mean they get no support, if that was the case I'd not bother going to the Reebok to see them lose again, I'm just saying the players have to earn the support, then maybe the fans who say "you should go" etc etc have a little more of a point, but not a point that means it's a must and if you don't, you're not a fan of Bolton.

Many people go to concerts, gigs etc, the ones who don't are still fans and still like their music, they may just listen on their computer, radio etc, a bit like football fans who watch the game on t.v, through the internet.

Well done for going, I'm sure you're presence will make Bolton win, like we usually always do, :lol:.

You can't predict the future, no one can, you can predict what will happen, but please don't reply to me using situations that are unknown and will only be known around 4.55pm on Saturday.

You may see it as value for money, but Bolton had the worst away record last season and also are bottom of the table and have lost 12 out of 13, I'm not saying this should mean they get no support, if that was the case I'd not bother going to the Reebok to see them lose again, I'm just saying the players have to earn the support, then maybe the fans who say "you should go" etc etc have a little more of a point, but not a point that means it's a must and if you don't, you're not a fan of Bolton.

Many people go to concerts, gigs etc, the ones who don't are still fans and still like their music, they may just listen on their computer, radio etc, a bit like football fans who watch the game on t.v, through the internet.

Well done for going, I'm sure you're presence will make Bolton win, like we usually always do, ::lol::.

Have you ever been to an away game and seen us win.

i went to spurs when jay jay was brilliant, i had a great day met some mates who are spurs fans we won a game i thought we might lose

on the way back our train was delayed so british rail paid for a taxi for me and the other member of bingley whites, he was that pissed he shit himself in the taxi.

tell what you did that day.....

Have you ever been to an away game and seen us win.

i went to spurs when jay jay was brilliant, i had a great day met some mates who are spurs fans we won a game i thought we might lose

on the way back our train was delayed so british rail paid for a taxi for me and the other member of bingley whites, he was that pissed he shit himself in the taxi.

tell what you did that day.....

I witnessed my all time fave player destroy Spurs and their woodwork.

Yes I have seen us win away, it's just as good as seeing Bolton win any other time, a win makes me happy.

You've not upset me per se. You've just made me think you're a cock for comments such as "We don't need your type of support".

Yes, you're going. I commend you for that. I commend anyone who goes to any game. However, I'd never slate anyone because I didn't think they were being a 'proper' fan.

I was at the home game mauling at the hands of Chelsea. I stayed in my seat until the final whistle. Plenty of folk left at half time. Whilst I don't agree with fans leaving early, I wouldn't say I was a better fan then them for me not doing so. Shame on you for your superiority complex.

FWIW worth I hope you have a great time on Saturday, as that would indicate a win for the super whites, which ultimately is what we all want.

Now, I'm quite happy to put you ignore. I suggest you do the same. :drinks:

So basically then you take offence cause i criticise you for going to the Flying Flute instead of Wigan, but its fine for you to tell me to fcuk off, call me a cock and a imbecile, cheers, mate maybe one day you'll mature. Enjoy your beer.Now end it.

Value for money? Does any single person, or those with an expendable disposable income even think about this?

Deary me.

That's not the point, it doesn't matter if you're rich or skint, you still pay money to see Bolton, what they are serving up atm isn't worthy of people's money, I'm sure you get your value through getting drunk, travelling etc, but football wise there's none atm.

That's not the point, it doesn't matter if you're rich or skint, you still pay money to see Bolton, what they are serving up atm isn't worthy of people's money, I'm sure you get your value through getting drunk, travelling etc, but football wise there's none atm.

Football is experience as a whole, not just 90 minutes.

Football is experience as a whole, not just 90 minutes.

There are 'add-ons' to football, but the football is 90 minutes plus some injury time.

I'm sure many a fan get their value through hooliganism, getting pissed, travelling up and down the country, but that's not the on-field value, and what I'm saying is true because 12 losses out of 13 and bottom of the table isn't the players doing their part in a two way system.

So thre's no point going to the game because we're crap? Righto.

First of all congrats on contributing to the football side of this forum, second of all please don't put words in my mouth, If you read through my posts, I've not even mentioned your above statement, I have even said support your team through thick and thin, all I've said are these.

There's no rule that people have to go.

Players need to also earn the support, the fans support the team with attendance and with money, the players give nothing back, that's my value point, it doesn't mean no one should go because we're crap, I know you're an argumentative, cynical person, but please if you're going to make false statements, please use some quotes, some facts to give your post some reasonable recognition.

If fans didn't go to games when teams have bad times, there wouldn't be any football to watch, but it's not illegal not to go, it's a prerogative.

Edited by Didledee

I'm a woman you see, I don't know much about football. Apologies.

You didn't contribute to the thread about the game, you only piped up when you assumed you read something that was'nt said and posted false accusations.

What is your prediction for the game btw?

First of all congrats on contributing to the football side of this forum, second of all please don't put words in my mouth, If you read through my posts, I've not even mentioned your above statement, I have even said support your team through thick and thin, all I've said are these.

There's no rule that people have to go.

Players need to also earn the support, the fans support the team with attendance and with money, the players give nothing back, that's my value point, it doesn't mean no one should go because we're crap, I know you're an argumentative, cynical person, but please if you're going to make false statements, please use some quotes, some facts to give your post some reasonable recognition.

If fans didn't go to games when teams have bad times, there wouldn't be any football to watch, but it's not illegal not to go, it's a prerogative.

But if you don't go, can you authentically call yourself a fan?

You didn't contribute to the thread about the game, you only piped up when you assumed you read something that was'nt said and posted false accusations.

What is your prediction for the game btw?

I didn't pipe upw with 'accusations', as you so sensitively put it, I find it amazing that this value for money comment kept appearing. It isn't why many people go. That's a fact, and as much as it might not be in your little world, it is to many who go to the match. It is no surprise we differ on opinion on this as you have a preconceived idea of me anyway (which is a little ironic).

I also think it would be ridiculous to make a prediction on Monday for a game on Saturday, unless Owens given you a team sheet.

First let me say that I think it's everyone's own prerogative to go, or not to go, to whichever matches they want. I for one wouldn't be concerned about value for money, I'd pay absolute top dollar to get to the DW on Saturday to cheer the lads on because that's what I'd like to do. That does not make Daz's point any less valid, as it's HIS prerogative not to go if he has something he'd rather do instead. This doesn't make him any less of a fan either.

I have been to two games in the last 12 months (2-2 vs Blackpool and 0-5 vs Stoke), including the time before I moved to the US. Does that make me less of a fan or just someone who couldn't make it to most of the games?

And on a side note, I've never known a woman with more insight into football than NB, much respect.

100, 1000, 5000 or 20,000 fans will not effect Bolton's performance, our away form has always been shite and our home form is also, there is null value for money atm and the players have to also put in performance that merit support.

They're lucky they have even 1 fan wathching them at present.

Fuck me glad you where not around in the those dark days of div 3 and 4 or you would have never seen a game home or way now some off that was shite

But if you don't go, can you authentically call yourself a fan?

I don't know any Bolton player, I don't feel any emotion before, during and after a game, I pay for a season ticket just to sit in a nice seat next my dad who sings lullaby's to me, I quit my old job because of Bolton, my new job allows me to watch them whenever I want, I go home and not away, I'm very sorry, I have sinned, I buy merchandise, will not buy the home kit though, I love my club, but I don't know it.

I'm not a fan, I have no club to be a fan, the thousands of home fans who don't go away are also not fans, they are all sinners, they should be sent to some barren planet as punishment.

I don't know any Bolton player, I don't feel any emotion before, during and after a game, I pay for a season ticket just to sit in a nice seat next my dad who sings lullaby's to me, I quit my old job because of Bolton, my new job allows me to watch them whenever I want, I go home and not away, I'm very sorry, I have sinned, I buy merchandise, will not buy the home kit though, I love my club, but I don't know it.

I'm not a fan, I have no club to be a fan, the thousands of home fans who don't go away are also not fans, they are all sinners, they should be sent to some barren planet as punishment.

The point is in post #48 you said it offers zero value for money! Before a ball has been kicked you are righting it off as a worthless. If we go and are awful you may be right but if its a belter and we win then it will be worth alot more than the ?20 paid. The way I see it I would regret it more not going and missing a belting win than I would going and seeing us play shit 5 times.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.