Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan 1 Bolton 3

Guest bwfcdan

I didn't pipe upw with 'accusations', as you so sensitively put it, I find it amazing that this value for money comment kept appearing. It isn't why many people go. That's a fact, and as much as it might not be in your little world, it is to many who go to the match. It is no surprise we differ on opinion on this as you have a preconceived idea of me anyway (which is a little ironic).

I also think it would be ridiculous to make a prediction on Monday for a game on Saturday, unless Owens given you a team sheet.

And I've agreed and mentioned some of the reasons how I think others get their value, I was on about on the pitch, not the off field stuff, I thought I made that quite clear, but yet you seem to fail to acknowledge this.

I'm not even saying no one should support Bolton at the stadium because we are doing crap, all I've said is that it's a person's choice and the players also have to give to receive, vice-versa fans give support, in hope they will receive some reward from who they are supporting, atm I don't see much in our team that suggests that with even more support, they'll be better performances, but please don't read that and think that I think that's why Bolton should't get any following, because it doesn't, who-ever goes, you're a better fan than me, but I'll still care.

Edited by Didledee

And I've agreed and mentioned some of the reasons how I think others get their value, I was on about on the pitch, not the off field stuff, I thought I made that quite clear, but yet you seem to fail to acknowledge this.

I'm not even saying no one should support Bolton at the stadium because we are doing crap, all I've said is that it's a person's choice and the players also have to give to receive, vice-versa fans give support, in hope they will receive some reward from who they are supporting, atm I don't see much in our team that suggests that with even more support, they'll be better performances, but please don't read that and think that I think that's why Bolton should't get any following, because it doesn't, who-ever goes, you're a better fan than me, but I'll still care.

:rofl: :rofl: What the hell you on about.

100, 1000, 5000 or 20,000 fans will not effect Bolton's performance, our away form has always been shite and our home form is also, there is null value for money atm and the players have to also put in performance that merit support.

They're lucky they have even 1 fan wathching them at present.

OMFG!!

Really? This is how you think? I despair :nea:

I hope you read back your comment tomorrow & ask yourself some serious questions

I'm not going on Saturday.

I'll probably be sat on the sofa in my scruffs watching it on a dodgy internet feed, with Jeff and the crew on mute on the telly box.

If the offer of free tickets comes up from my mate at Barclays I'll think about going.

If i don't go 1-0 to bolton.

If i do go 0-0 and 90 minutes of the most god awful football i'll see all season, as it has been every other game I've seen at the JJB/DW.

Edited by frank_spencer

I said I don't think this team will play better even if we had more support.

In no way am I saying that this means they shouldn't get support and I know that other teams thrive on a great crowd.

Maybe I should have more belief in Bolton, but I don't see much in our team to give me this, t'is a shame.

Edited by Didledee

I'm not going on Saturday.

I'll probably be sat on the sofa in my scruffs watching it on a dodgy internet feed, with Jeff and the crew on mute on the telly box.

If the offer of free tickets comes up from my mate at Barclays I'll think about going.

If i don't go 1-0 to bolton.

If i do go 0-0 and 90 minutes of the most god awful football i'll see all season, as it has been every other game I've seen at the JJB/DW.

Why state the obvious because you never go

• Site Supporter

I said I don't think this team will play better even if we had more support.

In no way am I saying that this means they shouldn't get support and I know that other teams thrive on a great crowd.

Maybe I should have more belief in Bolton, but I don't see much in our team to give me this, t'is a shame.

Is this why you don't actually go and watch the whites? Your (misguided) opinion that your support, and mine and however many hundreds or thousand others, is a waste of time and money because the team doesn't know the differencce between playing to an empty stadium and one full to the gunnells?

I've heard some "I don't go because . . . " excuses in my time but this one takes the biscuit!

• Members

we going to get a new match thread going or rename this the whos a better fan thread?

In all fairness, there's only a couple on here who are spouting crap about not being a fan if you don't go on Saturday.

just a point though

if we'd not gone cos we were shit in the 80s, there'd be no club left to support

A fair point too.

I hardly missed a home game in the 80's and did pretty much all the aways from about 82-3 onwards: so I now feel no guilt about picking and choosing at present.

I know that I'll be back supporting the club full-time, but I have other priorities at the moment.

i'm going cos my kids want to go

just a point though

if we'd not gone cos we were shit in the 80s, there'd be no club left to support

fucking bang on. Im sure you like my dad and plenty on here Cas paid more than they needed to get on in the dark ages.

Our support stinks

(lifeline ties were going for ?30 recently on ebay haha)

Edited by hughesy

Is this why you don't actually go and watch the whites? Your (misguided) opinion that your support, and mine and however many hundreds or thousand others, is a waste of time and money because the team doesn't know the differencce between playing to an empty stadium and one full to the gunnells?

I've heard some "I don't go because . . . " excuses in my time but this one takes the biscuit!

No, it's not an excuse, because even when when we've been doing well I haven't gone to away games, not for some years.

All I'm saying and have said is that I don't think this team are capable of upping their game because of more support. Not saying don't go, not saying it's a waste of time, it's just my belief about our team atm.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.