Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

F F F Freezin'

Underpants

The Hawthorns is, as we all now know, the highest pro ground in England. I am sure I've been there one year and it snowed. May of been a Christmas fixture :nea:

Anyway, What is the coldest that you've been at a match? Two come to mind for me. Norwich at home in a League cup game at Burnden. That was probably the coldest I've ever been at a home game. And the other is Marseille, yes fookin' Marseille on the Med. That was so cold my jeans were frozen solid after I got out of a fountain at 2am.

Edited by Underpants

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a doubt Germany away in Berlin 3 years ago, Smiley thought I was dead at one point and he claims I was only revived due to John Terry's late equilizer which got the blood circulating again.

In the UK I would say Leeds at home 95-96 season, all the paddock were jumping up and down trying to keep warm, I am surprised it didnt cave in with all the weight, Still remember seeing Mongy Darren with just a T-Shirt on.

• Moderators

Whenever I used to go watching Arbroath, its on the east coast of Scotland and I think its the closest stadium in Britain to the coast, always freezing up there

they televised a cup game of theirs

sunday tea time v rangers or celtic

i had to turn the heating up

Strangely Macedonia.

It wasn't that cold, but I do get cold easy so trying to be clever with nowt but a t-shirt and a thin down with the street hoodie round my waist wasn't a reet good idea.

How was I to know that Mr. H and the other nobheads in t-shirts have absolutely no idea what temperature it is after a 36 hour ale binge.

Belgrade wasn't too bad due to thinking on, for once.

Guest bwfcdan
city away in the pissing rain early 00's.

I mentioned that game in the Albion thread. Being stuck on the poxy temporary stand!! Drenched!! Horrible game!! We were shite!!

Roker Park 1-1 boxing day

When I spewed up on the Burnden Terrace when we played Leeds when fatty Brolin played my spew was frozen by the time I'd left

That was brutal that day it was the coldest I have ever been, think we were on the open end from memory and that did not help, anyone remember what year it was?

Hartlepool away around Christmas [may have been Boxing Day 11.00 am kick off] away was Austria V England a couple of years back, we came out at HT and begged the coach driver to turn the engine on, it was funny really as we got back to Bratislava after the game and had a snowball fight with the cockernees

The Hawthorns is, as we all now know, the highest pro ground in England. I am sure I've been there one year and it snowed. May of been a Christmas fixture :nea:

Anyway, What is the coldest that you've been at a match? Two come to mind for me. Norwich at home in a League cup game at Burnden. That was probably the coldest I've ever been at a home game. And the other is Marseille, yes fookin' Marseille on the Med. That was so cold my jeans were frozen solid after I got out of a fountain at 2am.

Season 1994 1995, i cant remember who it was against it was either reading or grimsby i think, i made the mistake, may of been reading actually thinking about it, i made the mistake of just wearing a very thin pair of black socks under a pair of trainers. Feet were ridiculously cold by half time

Uefa match a few years back, think it was against plovdiv or someone like that, it was the match where it rained constantly through the game and it became a bit of a farce as the pitch was like a lake. unfortunately i think i was in the one bit of the ground that was not protected by the roof and got absolutely drenched.

Uefa match a few years back, think it was against plovdiv or someone like that, it was the match where it rained constantly through the game and it became a bit of a farce as the pitch was like a lake. unfortunately i think i was in the one bit of the ground that was not protected by the roof and got absolutely drenched.

Werent the one it pissed it down against the russians? May be wrong like

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.