Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tyrone Mears

L/H White

• Moderators

Excuse me, but when has there ever been any doubt in Steinsson's commitment to this club

He'd be first on the team sheet, if OC had a brain

no, all the doubts were raised about his mental state and focus following his divorce and subsequent going off the rails

which presumably affected his performance in training and what not

which presumably coyle noticed

presumably he's sorted his head out and got back on track

anyone with a brain knows when your personal life is going wayward, it can affect your professional focus

Im committed to the club too, can i get a place? Paul Robinson is committed but i wouldnt want him near the team ever again. Committment alone isnt enough to be first on the team sheet.

Agree entirely - also what we need is competition for places Steinnsson was heading for the door when Mears came in and the onset of Riley has made this more of a certainty - he's played really well in the last few games and fair play to him but I fear it may be his swansong if we go in to next season with Mears, Riley and Ricketts to an extent looking at RB I'm happy - those who've written Mears off before he's kicked a ball want there heads shaking if his top form isn't at least as good as Steinnssons I'll platt shit.

• Site Supporter

Agree entirely - also what we need is competition for places Steinnsson was heading for the door when Mears came in and the onset of Riley has made this more of a certainty - he's played really well in the last few games and fair play to him but I fear it may be his swansong if we go in to next season with Mears, Riley and Ricketts to an extent looking at RB I'm happy - those who've written Mears off before he's kicked a ball want there heads shaking if his top form isn't at least as good as Steinnssons I'll platt shit.

youre gonna need these then

3786496-pink-rubber-gloves-over-yellow-tablecloth-white-background.jpg

• Site Supporter

no idea?

probably becuase ive seen him play plenty of times and have it on good authority from west ham, preston and burnley fans that the lad can not defend.

his attributes are getting forward and pace.

coyle will probably love that though, what does he care about defending.

and theres are reason why hes spent most of his career in the lower leagues.

hes 28 ffs

Edited by HomerJay

I agree. Steinsson has been poor for a while until recently. He is still playing knowhere near as well as he did when he first came to the club. Mears will be first choice and do a better job when he is fit imo. The big advantage Mears has is pace which Steinsson has been done for about 7,652 times this season.

OK it's all hear say, I to have Burnley pals who say he's a very decent player (did he ever play for preston?) I'm willing to say the vast majority on hear will think he's an improvement on Steinnson once he's got 10-15 games under his belt - if not I am more than happy to don the marrigolds.

I love steinnssons attitude don't get me wrong but he's punching above his weight on the prem week in week out

I'm with Homer on this. Steinsson is the best fullback at the club, no exceptions. He's starting to get back to his best now, though he's still not quite there. You'd drag him out of the team to try someone untested in our squad. What purpose does that serve? If Mears is awesome, then at least we'll have him. But if Mears is gash? Steinsson's head will drop as soon as he is dropped (for no reason, I'd point out) and then you can't put him back in because he won't be playing well again, regardless of whether he's needed or not.

I don't get the random Mears love-in either, I'm fairly certain most on here were underwhelmed when we signed him...?

• Site Supporter

Stiensson is just about getting to terms with his wife fucking off from him. Different things affect folk different ways. Remember Nolan being a class act and then he and his wife/girlfriend had a child and; fuck mop, you'd think he'd never kicked a ball before!

I'm with Homer on this. Steinsson is the best fullback at the club, no exceptions. He's starting to get back to his best now, though he's still not quite there. You'd drag him out of the team to try someone untested in our squad. What purpose does that serve? If Mears is awesome, then at least we'll have him. But if Mears is gash? Steinsson's head will drop as soon as he is dropped (for no reason, I'd point out) and then you can't put him back in because he won't be playing well again, regardless of whether he's needed or not.

I don't get the random Mears love-in either, I'm fairly certain most on here were underwhelmed when we signed him...?

Steinsson has been ok the last 3/4 games nothing special, he is still a long way off the form that he was in when we bought him. Overall this season he has been fucking wank really. He gets beat for pace too often, he has also adopted the Nicky Hunt cunt punt down the line which never goes to any fucker and he gets caught out of position a lot.

Mears isnt untested, he has played at premiership level before and the times ive seen him he played better than the form Steinsson has shown this season. If Steinsson doesnt keep on improving until the time Mears is back then Mears should and will get a chance.

P.S Steinsson's personal life is none of my concern. Theres no room for sentiment in football, we have to be ruthless with players who arent doing their job.