Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Support Base

Alf Hartigan

• Site Supporter

I've touched on this before, I think our support base will have increased significantly due to the last 11 years in the prem.

A lot of our young uns have grown up knowing nowt else.

Not saying it will make anything better, but I would guess at getting 2-3000 more supporters on our average gates.

and if you're not, you're not.

i give a shit.

Actually tried editing my post but couldnt and Im half leathered so my sausage fingers failed miserably at deleting stuff. I think a decade in top flight will have gained us some support, and out of that some of it will be hardcore go to every game support - but a lot of it is dependant on how this first season back down there goes for us.

But, Ill be there regardless, and if you are too and still get enjoyment out of it then who cares what anyone else does?

11,000 in the home game at Reebok against Birmingahm in the season just before we came up via Play Offs - surely we can expect better than that.

• Site Supporter

Actually tried editing my post but couldnt and Im half leathered so my sausage fingers failed miserably at deleting stuff. I think a decade in top flight will have gained us some support, and out of that some of it will be hardcore go to every game support - but a lot of it is dependant on how this first season back down there goes for us.

But, Ill be there regardless, and if you are too and still get enjoyment out of it then who cares what anyone else does?

11,000 in the home game at Reebok against Birmingahm in the season just before we came up via Play Offs - surely we can expect better than that.

well done, expanded my point.

i'm leathered too (drowning my sorrows)

I sincerely hope the crowds hold up for at least the first 3 or 4 games, time will tell.

I kinow they've already sold a few ST's, but you'd hope that a new sensible matchday ticketing policy will be put in place ie nobody will want to pay ?25 to see us play Barnsley or Peterborough on a wet Wednesday evening in November.

• Site Supporter

I sincerely hope the crowds hold up for at least the first 3 or 4 games, time will tell.

I kinow they've already sold a few ST's, but you'd hope that a new sensible matchday ticketing policy will be put in place ie nobody will want to pay ?25 to see us play Barnsley or Peterborough on a wet Wednesday evening in November.

?20 tops in my opinion, any part of the gound.

I've renewed my ST in East Upper at 399, like it up there.

• Site Supporter

they automatically extended mine...

not that I wouldn't have anyway. I quite happily sing "Bolton till I die" and mean every word of it. Had 7 years having to work every Saturday and only just been able to start going back to matches this last season.. If we dropped out of the Leagues I'd still be going.

• Site Supporter

I'll be there, season ticket renewed. I think we'll get decent gates because I fully expect us to win the league and smash our 98 points total

+1 for that.

I have already renewed. I think the first season will be pivotal regarding future crowds. Lots of those who only know the Premier League will think we're still a Top-Flight club and will therefore walk this league. If we do, great, let's get on with it and be promoted by next April. If it doesn't quite pan out like that we'll see our crowds spiralling downwards until we start looking stupid occupying a 28000 seat stadium with only 20% of the seats filled. They'll end up closing the upper tiers.

should make south stand lower pay on the day , mates can stand together and create a better atmosphere

Its a decent shout. I remember last time we were down they had it pay ont gate int south lower and the away fans had the half close to the ESL.

Unfortunately I reckon the club would prefer giving the likes of leeds, the sheffield clubs et al the full 5000 allocation so it probably wont happen.

Unfortunately I reckon the club would prefer giving the likes of leeds, the sheffield clubs et al the full 5000 allocation so it probably wont happen.

The club will be right to give these type of teams the maximum allocation - we'll be needing all the money we can get, and we won't be getting close to selling 22K home tickets, so they'll ensure the away teams are given as many tickets as they want - there will only be a few teasm bringing more than 2K though I would have thought, so in the main I reckon they'll be chucked into the top tier of the south stand, leaving the bottom tier for home supporters

• Moderators

last time we were in this league, we sold 10k STs

when we played at home to QPR on a grim midweek evening game, we had 10k on

so after 11 years in the PL, it will be interesting to see by how many we can improve on 10k, i.e. how many more fans have we picked up in that time