Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

That Great Burger Place In The Northern Quarter

bgoefc

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good wines too. Speaking of which you trued Veeno yet? Little bar in manc where they sell the family wines imported from italy. Meant to be decent.

No, must look it up

Veeno?!

Been to Byron in Chelsea - was good. Think there's 6 of them in London and 1 in Manchester…. anyone know if its any good?

I love a good burger!

Yep been a few times. Its excellent.

In fact i might go tomorrow. I have a free beer voucher.

Never seen anyone in there. Don't reckon it'll last long

There was no one in there when it was fucking packed out on the streets for the christmas markets. I did not expect it to last this long.

Byron is alright the few times I've been. Like people are saying though, at th'end o't'day its £10 for a burger. You are getting bum raped for what you could make yoursen to a better standard for next to nowt.

Evuna is good on a sunny day, sat outside for a bit of tapas and people (and tit) watching on Deansgate.Off peak its 3 tapas for a tenner as well.

Edited by stevieb

I like Byron; good burger, but then I like them all

These places generally use really good ingredients so I'm not having it that they're money for old rope

5 guys at the Trafford Centre is very good too

Fairy muff, decent meat, decent barm, the odd filling. But a tenner? Nah.

I don't mind paying it for a bit of convenience but I know it's not value. I do like the Byron IPA though (£4.25 330ml).

I wouldn't pay that for a fucking pizza either. It's about £16 for a large pizza. Fuck that.

But then you'd never eat out if it was just VFM

But then you'd never eat out if it was just VFM

Correct. But domino's isn't eating out! I do go to Byron etc and proper restaurants but I think these glorified fast food places are milking it to fuck, i put em on a par with nandos, Not offering owt new but convenient. I know they are making a shit load of profit but still go. 

Correct. But domino's isn't eating out! I do go to Byron etc and proper restaurants but I think these glorified fast food places are milking it to fuck, i put em on a par with nandos, Not offering owt new but convenient. I know they are making a shit load of profit but still go. 

I see

With rents, though, I doubt that they are miliking it, personally

• Moderators

I do like the Byron IPA though (£4.25 330ml).

i agree with you about burgers for a tenner being food for folk with no sense who want to be able to say theyve spent a tenner on a burger but then you blow it by admitting to paying over 4 quid for a small bottle of warm beer

i agree with you about burgers for a tenner being food for folk with no sense who want to be able to say theyve spent a tenner on a burger but then you blow it by admitting to paying over 4 quid for a small bottle of warm beer

Because i have no choice. Bollocks to paying 3 quid for a coke.

Awwww are you just grumpy that Mr F hasn't taken you out to one of the burger joints on a date?

I'm not praising McDonalds either, I suppose they're independent in a way (hipster places) - it just saddens me that there are probably decent restaurants dying on their arse because folk would rather have a burger that, for all it's tastiness, could probably be knocked together by a nine year old with a bit of instruction.

• Moderators

indeed, but who is gonna be impressed when you share that over dinner

'oh ya, i had a smashing burger at that lovely backstreet place for a pound ninety nine'

fcuk that when you can say you've spent half western saharas gdp on a piece of 'meat' from asdas freezer