Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 2 Nottingham Forest 2

L/H White

Was much happier with that today. A bit of fizz from the team and we were busy and looked like we wanted it. Enjoyed the game because we had a go, thats all i ask every match.

Was happy with pretty much all the teams performance individually apart from Medo who is a passenger. Trotter looked decent when he came on and i think he will do well for us eventually so i would possibly swap him and Medo for next game.

Ream is struggling at left back but hanging in there.

Next week could be a big one if we can beat Boro and add to the squad.

P.S We were unlucky not to win really. Their 2nd was outside the box and Davies 2nd half chance was a sitter.

Edited by tylswhite

For me I was in a really positive mood at half time, I was in the mindset of if we cut the mistakes out at the back, then they where there for the taking but to come out 2nd half and put on that uninspiring performance was disappointing to say the least. Surely you have got to go for it second half with their defence as dodgey as they where 1st half. To bring on Trotter and Pratley just showed he was happy with the draw and had no intention of going for the win, which to me is what football is all about

For me I was in a really positive mood at half time, I was in the mindset of if we cut the mistakes out at the back, then they where there for the taking but to come out 2nd half and put on that uninspiring performance was disappointing to say the least. Surely you have got to go for it second half with their defence as dodgey as they where 1st half. To bring on Trotter and Pratley just showed he was happy with the draw and had no intention of going for the win, which to me is what football is all about

They both drove us forward after coming on. Pratley struggled a touch as he was shoved out wide but he was positive when possible.

They both drove us forward after coming on. Pratley struggled a touch as he was shoved out wide but he was positive when possible.

Pratley looked rusty but his energy helped

I disagree that Trotter drove us on; I think that replacement set us too deep. Not his fault granted but we lost too much ball in front of him and Spearing when Danns went off and the formation changed

I disagree that Trotter drove us on; I think that replacement set us too deep. Not his fault granted but we lost too much ball in front of him and Spearing when Danns went off and the formation changed

I'm not blaming the players, like jules said it's not their fault but for me was mismanaged by bringing them on in the first place, surely Feeney and Beckford should have been on the field before the likes of Pratley and Trotter, just my opinion but I believe we should of gone for it as they where there for the taking today

I'm not blaming the players, like jules said it's not their fault but for me was mismanaged by bringing them on in the first place, surely Feeney and Beckford should have been on the field before the likes of Pratley and Trotter, just my opinion but I believe we should of gone for it as they where there for the taking today

I was meaning more when Trotter had the ball as i thought he started a few decent attacks. We did sit far too deep though as you say but you can see the players are nervous too so hopefully that will come if we get something going.

One thing that did get me today, Feeney? Why did he not bring him on?

I reckon he would have been perfect that second half but hey ho.

Agree with you to some extent. I reckon today was a step in the right direction though. If we can keep going that way then thats fine by me.

I've not read all posts.

I thought we were better in the second half. Chungy had a decent game and we were better once Trotter came on.

The referee was ok, but I don't think it was a penalty.

We certainly weren't better in the second half. The second half was pretty drab.

Thought Chungy was very much improved, but I thought he was at fault for the lead up to the first goal, wasn't paying attention out wide and let Burke have too much time to come inside and pick out a cross, but we've long known that our full backs are going to find themselves exposed at times.

I was meaning more when Trotter had the ball as i thought he started a few decent attacks. We did sit far too deep though as you say but you can see the players are nervous too so hopefully that will come if we get something going.

One thing that did get me today, Feeney? Why did he not bring him on?

I reckon he would have been perfect that second half but hey ho.

It was obvious to us all that as soon as McNaughton ran past their left back to cross for Davies chance Feeney should have come on, but Super Dougie didn't see it as well which is why he is a millionaire manager and I build walls !

It was obvious to us all that as soon as McNaughton ran past their left back to cross for Davies chance Feeney should have come on, but Super Dougie didn't see it as well which is why he is a millionaire manager and I build walls !

Feeney didn't seem to keen on getting round the full back on Tuesday night (although I agree that's exactly what he should be doing).

Feeney didn't seem to keen on getting round the full back on Tuesday night (although I agree that's exactly what he should be doing).

And how many players got around the back today ? -- 1 McNaughton so I would expect Feeney to at least double that but like I say I'm not a manager and Super Dougie is.

And how many players got around the back today ? -- 1 McNaughton so I would expect Feeney to at least double that but like I say I'm not a manager and Super Dougie is.

Mason managed it a couple of times as well. Could be argued he should be the one on the end of the crosses rather than putting them in, but that's not the point.

Could not knock the effort yesterday, but god we lack quality.

CYL looks a class above and even won a tackle but is more neat today than threatening.

Forest just seemed to have more time than us all over the pitch whereas we seemed rushed and almost trying to hard when we rushed free kicks still a time we needed to slow the game. Forest looked dodgy on set pieces but we just did not create much.

It looked a clear handball for their first by the bloke who put ball back across the goal.

A lot better than I expected but unless we get some quality in it is going to be a long hard season.

medo & spearing didn't work last season-wont work this season

not medos fault today,manager should have played feeney or hall

Medo and spearing both played at Leeds (5 1) and Blackburn (4 0)

Medo can not play wide, I would have played Danns there and medo and spearing a 'proper' two in midfield, chunky and Danns as the wider two.

Just watched the goals back and noticed 2 things

Mill really went to sleep on their first. I thought he was decent yesterday but he needs to cut that out

Their pen; I thought it was clearly in the area yesterday. Not so sure now actually. I paused the challenge and it could well have been just outside. Still a stupid tackle like

Medo and spearing both played at Leeds (5 1) and Blackburn (4 0)

Medo can not play wide, I would have played Danns there and medo and spearing a 'proper' two in midfield, chunky and Danns as the wider two.

I agree, it's not rocket science is it, although Dougie seems or want us to think so, noticed he's playing 4-4-2 and played at high tempo yesterday many on here been saying that's how we should be playing with the players available, sitting deep waiting for the opposition to lose possession has cost us a chance of promotion in the last 2 seasons lets hope we've seen the back of it especially at Home.

Was much happier with that today. A bit of fizz from the team and we were busy and looked like we wanted it. Enjoyed the game because we had a go, thats all i ask every match.

Was happy with pretty much all the teams performance individually apart from Medo who is a passenger. Trotter looked decent when he came on and i think he will do well for us eventually so i would possibly swap him and Medo for next game.

Ream is struggling at left back but hanging in there.

Next week could be a big one if we can beat Boro and add to the squad.

P.S We were unlucky not to win really. Their 2nd was outside the box and Davies 2nd half chance was a sitter.

Agree with all that. Much improved yesterday, still far from the complete performance but a lot better than the 1st 2 matches.

We actually looked like we had a plan and some shape yesterday. I thought the diamond midfield helped us going forward with Danns closer to the front 2 and I think it was used to try and stifle Reid if he was going to play behind their strikers.

The defence looked ok, still don't like ream there but needs must. If we can play Mcnaughton mills Wheater for a number of matches without changing then I'm convinced they are more than good enough.

I thought Medo was terrible like most others it seems, I can see why he played because he's got the energy to play centrally but also get out to the wings to cover when they have the ball, he's just fucking poor though. I'd prefer Pratley in that role as the right of the diamond although in the perfect scenario we'd have m. Davies there.

Chungy much better though I thought feeney could have come on for him with 20 to go, he wasn't offering much cover to ream by that point and feeneys pace would have scared forests shite back 4.

Mason was very good, he makes some intelligent runs and is always playing on the shoulder, he doesn't always get found but if he plays as part of a front 2 for the season then he could easily get 15+.

Man of the match for me was Craig Davies, he makes it so difficult for the defence, they didn't know what to do with him. Even if he doesn't win the long ball then he makes sure they won't either, he's actually a lot better with his feet than I thought as well. If he could finish then he would be perfect for this league, I'd still like to see us get someone else to partner mason but Davies has proved he's a good option.

Bring in a couple more players and keep a settled team and system and we might actually get somewhere, I still don't trust dougie to do that though and expect a different team/formation on Tuesday.

Edited by Eddie