Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games


superjohnmcginlay

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

I'm not surprised they're resting players, will be something like 9 matches in 35 days taking the two playoff games into account

I know how I'd be feeling if I was Burton or Cambridge, they will be fuming.  Especially Cambridge being local rivals of Posh, probably equivalent of someone like Blackpool playing their reserves v one of our rivals, it will be perceived as just trying to relegate a team they don't get on with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

I still can't get my head around Norwich being more north than Birmingham.

 

Aye my definition of northern is north of Birmingham 

Doubt folk in Norwich will take kindly to that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
6 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Hopefully they drop off I'm not going there again.

If carty had stayed fit, edl craig wouldve been in meltdown

Tbh, when he went there, it was odd they were so far off

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Dump of a place 

Not so much in the way of decent trips remaining in rest of play offs, maybe take Barrow or Crawley to tick them off.

Think we get a half tick for standing in their car park in lockdown 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Not so much in the way of decent trips remaining in rest of play offs, maybe take Barrow or Crawley to tick them off.

Think we get a half tick for standing in their car park in lockdown 😀

Captain and son with their ladders 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Bradford having a go at sneaking into the L2 playoffs from nowhere.

Its mad isn't it.  In March they had 3 consecutive home games: lost 5-1 to Mansfield, 3-0 to out of form Notts County, and 2-0 to relegated FGR.  Then lost 3-0 at Harrogate.  Bradford were 17th, Doncaster 18th a month ago today, now they could both be in the play offs.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
8 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Its mad isn't it.  In March they had 3 consecutive home games: lost 5-1 to Mansfield, 3-0 to out of form Notts County, and 2-0 to relegated FGR.  Then lost 3-0 at Harrogate.  Bradford were 17th, Doncaster 18th a month ago today, now they could both be in the play offs.  

Looking at results not sure Bradford could've been 17th if Doncaster 18th?

 this would be Doncaster's 10th win in a row

Whereas Bradford 4 in 5

In any case 

We showed where a good run in L2 gets you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Are Posh not throwing this game so that it’s highly likely they play massively out of form Barnsley in the semi, instead of an in form Lincoln or Oxford?

TBH they've just been really poor and are lucky not to be 4 or 5 down, but...there are signs they are starting to perk up and could come back into it. Hopefully not a game that relegates the Robins and they rue missing so many half chances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read today the national league play off between Solihull and Gateshead that was meant to be today was called off and Gateshead chucked out because they don't have a lease on their ground lasting 10 years.  So the EFL won't let them in.  First I've heard of this type of thing, seems unbelievable bad luck for their players to play all season for no reward, it would be like Oxford being told on Sunday they aren't allowed in the championship with a 3 sided ground or whatever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

I read today the national league play off between Solihull and Gateshead that was meant to be today was called off and Gateshead chucked out because they don't have a lease on their ground lasting 10 years.  So the EFL won't let them in.  First I've heard of this type of thing, seems unbelievable bad luck for their players to play all season for no reward, it would be like Oxford being told on Sunday they aren't allowed in the championship with a 3 sided ground or whatever.

First I'd heard of that rule too.

Mind you it doesn't look the best...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Zico said:

Looking at results not sure Bradford could've been 17th if Doncaster 18th?

 this would be Doncaster's 10th win in a row

Whereas Bradford 4 in 5

In any case 

We showed where a good run in L2 gets you

Bradford had 50 points from 39 games.  Now on 66 from 45.

Donny had 49 from 38, now 70 from 45.  They were a point behind 17th placed Bradford with a game in hand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cheltenham fighting for their lives, crunching into tackles, defending incredibly well and winning second balls in midfield. Curtis Davis playing like he's ten years younger. But they aren't burying their chances so it's nervy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.