Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Snooker

Cheese

• Site Supporter

Not ideal but a new tip should not put him out of the running.

A new tip would definitely ruin his game (as it did for Mark Williams earlier in the tournament when his tip split). Even I can tell the difference when I put a new tip on my cue, and I'm shit. Pretty certain Fu's just glued the tip back on, rather than use a new one.

A new tip would definitely ruin his game (as it did for Mark Williams earlier in the tournament when his tip split). Even I can tell the difference when I put a new tip on my cue, and I'm shit. Pretty certain Fu's just glued the tip back on, rather than use a new one.

What's your handicap cheese?

• Site Supporter

What's your handicap cheese?

HIghest break is 45. Missed an easy pink thinking about position before I realised I could've broke the 50 mark.  

Ruin his game? Bollocks.

Ask any professional. A lot of pro's give out tips to the members of their clubs to use for a bit, then cut them off to use as spares in case theirs drops off. The state of the tip is more important than you'd imagine, especially at professional level.

• Site Supporter

My tip was a mess after my first few weeks at university

Never went to University, but had a few occasions when my tip was RUINED. Deep screwing the brown can be risky.

Edited by Cheese

HIghest break is 45. Missed an easy pink thinking about position before I realised I could've broke the 50 mark.

Ask any professional. A lot of pro's give out tips to the members of their clubs to use for a bit, then cut them off to use as spares in case theirs drops off. The state of the tip is more important than you'd imagine, especially at professional level.

You are correct it will affect him as a new tip will play differently. However, I doubt it will ruin his game.

• Site Supporter

You are correct it will affect him as a new tip will play differently. However, I doubt it will ruin his game.

I'm talking in the sense of a Semi Final of the World Championship.

• Site Supporter

Yes it is about the worst time it could have happened. Have you seen the temperament of Fu though? Very little fazes him.

Indeed. As proved when he came out after having his tip glued back on. Been a great tournament so far. Probably one of the best in my lifetime. Close to breaking the record for the number of centuries.

• Site Supporter

Ronnie on the one table is the only thing missing!

I'd have loved Ronnie to still be in it, but he lost the plot a bit after the First Round. Heart is saying McManus to win it, but head is with Ding. That's why I've put money on Fu!  :D

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Site Supporter

Was hoping Ding would do it. Everyone's favourite player after Ronnie. Higgins is superb, but that match-fixing thing leaves a bad taste, so I can't get behind him. But Selby dances in between frames sometimes. So I want Selby to win. That's how exciting snooker is.