Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Black Eyed Friday.

leigh white

It's certainly a long bar. The whole seating thing is a bit odd and I find it thinks more of itself than necessary. But then that is so Spinningfields

Certainly full of pretentious wannabes, gangsters & footballers wife types! At £27 a round for 4 of us - it's wasn't for the feint-hearted! Most seating was reserved but empty - trying to create exclusivity??? Enjoyed the Oast House - much more spit, sawdust, great entertainment (even though one of the guitarists was my mrs ex!) - lot of James, Oasis, Roses, soul, blues, etc, beltin' atmosphere - folk dancing on tables, etc.

Yeah salford arms has kept some of its old clientele. Bit of a red pub which is a downer. Egerton arms has the most characters round there and some terrible united stuff on the walls. Further down chapel street I've no idea how the rovers return is still open, never see anyone in there.

Called in the Salford Arms a good few weeks ago. They had live music on. A folky band who took ages to tune up, then a Chinese woman playing a eukale, ukale banjo, who was quite good, in a strange sort of way.

They had a few decent beers on and foreign barstaff.

A very entertaining evening.

I think the Rovers shall Return no more, by the way.

Yeah salford arms has kept some of its old clientele. Bit of a red pub which is a downer. Egerton arms has the most characters round there and some terrible united stuff on the walls. Further down chapel street I've no idea how the rovers return is still open, never see anyone in there.

Used to go to that cafe across the way from there and never saw anyone in or out the pub for the few months I was on that Renakers site

• Moderators

Rovers is still open, nearly went in after work Friday, but didn't

Salford arms, was an odd place last time I went in, think the Chinese from next door were running it and the decor was shocking, but the ale was cheap

Upstairs of Vogue were the offices of The Kieley's  I used to go every Friday to pick up a works cheque. The receptionist (fucking Huge) once said too me "I love it when I see you"    "Really?"  "Yes it means IT"s time too go home"

Fucking DMB bitch.

Christ

Where did you visit?

I was at the horniman, hays galleria (right next to hms Belfast) then went to a bar in monument, scarpered at 10pm so didn't see too much debauchery / drunkenness

Mudlark - no1 sports bar - barrowboy - grapes - st christophers tavern

i think :)