Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nfl

clown

• Site Supporter
On 15/01/2022 at 23:13, MancWanderer said:

Ha ha I’ll leave the Redskins stuff and move on 

Anyway…..did I just hear in this game that the Bengals haven’t won a playoff game in 31 years? Has any team got a worse record? 

I don't really follow it anymore but the Bengals were my team back in the day... & they've been shit ever since. 

• Members
12 hours ago, wiggy said:

Couldn't believe what I was watching with that last play. Unbelievable that they didn't take a shot at the end zone. That will be keeping them awake for a while

Correct. That was fucking unbelievable. Especially after they had just executed a few perfect plays for that situation.

Brain fart by a QB.

2 hours ago, Spider said:

Can't see past the Packers. -16 in Green Bay this weekend

Derrick Henry and the Titans are the biggest threat based on form.

But, as ever, Tom Brady is circling. So you just cannot rule him out.

The niners run the ball very well so could manage the upset

If Henry wasn't back the Titans would have no hope but with home advantage and DH back the NFL's dullest franchise are going to be hard to stop.

Brady is Brady but i'm hopeful Aaron Donald and friends can stop him.

• Members
On 19/01/2022 at 00:27, frank_spencer said:

OK then who are folk with teams eliminated or didnt qualify rooting for through the play offs and why?

For me i'm backing the Rams just for the number of ex Georgia Bulldogs in the team and as reward for Matt Stafford being stuck with rubbish teams for years in Detroit

Packers for obvious reasons. Titans for financial reasons.

The perfect SB for me!

• Members

Well, that was a chastener and no mistake! Both my teams out with a late field goal and neither able to take advantage of the opposition QB getting a right touch up. The fast start for the Packers was less than ideal. After todays games Jimmy G and Burrow must be black and blue!

Pretty sure that we have discussed this before but the week off for being no. 1 seed - an advantage or a curse? I have seen it too many times now. I believe that rather than giving you an opportunity to get everyone fit, it actually disrupts your momentum whereas playing every weekend keeps you finely honed.

Obviously with the Packers out, I shouldn't really care who wins the whole thing now but I would be pleased to see the Bills win it. 

The Rams have gone 'all in' this season so interested to see if they can pull it off. Another one for Brady would be a just reward for the mans genius and longevity.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

Well, that was a chastener and no mistake! Both my teams out with a late field goal and neither able to take advantage of the opposition QB getting a right touch up. The fast start for the Packers was less than ideal. After todays games Jimmy G and Burrow must be black and blue!

Pretty sure that we have discussed this before but the week off for being no. 1 seed - an advantage or a curse? I have seen it too many times now. I believe that rather than giving you an opportunity to get everyone fit, it actually disrupts your momentum whereas playing every weekend keeps you finely honed.

Obviously with the Packers out, I shouldn't really care who wins the whole thing now but I would be pleased to see the Bills win it. 

The Rams have gone 'all in' this season so interested to see if they can pull it off. Another one for Brady would be a just reward for the mans genius and longevity.

I think it’s a curse. Always seems to trip the top seeds up.

Wide open now. Burrow just gets sacked then gets up and carries on like nothings happened, he’s turning into a top drawer QB.

Bills or Brady now. If I was betting, I’d have to go Brady.

34 minutes ago, Spider said:

Wide open now. Burrow just gets sacked then gets up and carries on like nothings happened, he’s turning into a top drawer QB.

Rams will be tough to stop tonight. Bucs have been poor really recently and only so many times the goat can go to the well. Rams will put plenty points on bucs tonight (cue a bucs shutout). 

bills rams superbowl For me 

2 hours ago, Spider said:

Sacked nine times! And still threw 350yds.

6 hours ago, Spider said:

Prior to this year, out of the previous 9 seasons only 3 top seeds have lost in the divisional round. So 3 home defeats out of 18 matches doesn't really prove it's a curse to have the bye week.