Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

"bubble" Matches

MancWanderer

Interesting enough, that your magpie like brain felt the need to respond. You just couldn't resist.

Much like this pointless post of yours

I'd be careful with your insults too, seeing as magpies actually have a brain size relative to their bodies that is very similar to humans

You keep on cracking on though with your wonderful contributions

Just as a point of order - the vagina isn't the female reproductive organ. It's an organ which functions as part of the female reproductive system which comprises of the vagina, but also the cervix, the uterus, the fallopian tubes and the ovaries.

Thanks for that Dr Hilary. We all know what I meant.

Decent bit of interjecting though. Fair play.

A mate told me the cops have allowed the two manc clubs to be at home on the same night in a bid to flush out some patio furniture wreckers in advance of the invasion of France next summer

Sounds plausible

Possibly the same reason they are letting us play at Preston at 6pm on a Saturday night.

With Blackpool being at bury the same day :)

So let me get this right!

GMP can handle City, United & 2 sets of away fans, 1 of them bringing 10k, yet other Police forces around the country can't handle 1 match without making it a bubble match?

Seems like a cop out on their behaves! Pardon the pun :D

The Manc derby was on Sunday (for TV), so neither could play on Tuesday.

Sky have a Championship match tomorrow (not Friday, in case, erm, England were in the 3rd place RU match).

As Sky also have the League Cup coverage they would not wish to double Thursday.

So they prevailed on GMP to fall in line.

Edited by MalcolmW

Why do we have a stronger rivalry with United than we have with City?

Simply because of 1958 and the cabbages, etc?

City were trailing behind united and Bolton in the 50s the 2 clubs in for Duncan Edwards were Bolton and Man U. Back then Bolton were in the elite band of top 4-5 teams in the country as were United. The 58 final was the catalyst for the rivalry and It's stuck with folk from both sides who live on the Bolton- Salford border, think the salford folk moving north to the edge of Bolton in their thousands in the 50s and 60s also would have played a part.

So let me get this right!

GMP can handle City, United & 2 sets of away fans, 1 of them bringing 10k, yet other Police forces around the country can't handle 1 match without making it a bubble match?

Seems like a cop out on their behaves! Pardon the pun :D

Also throw in the mix that GMP reckon they can't handle City and FCUM playing at home on the same day!

• Site Supporter

I think Greater Manchester Police force is big enough to soak up and deal with any sporting occasion within our boundary without relying on knowing the movement every rival group at all times. The much smaller "shire" police forces aren't geared up to put such massive numbers of police on the streets.