Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Donald Dead Cat On Is Head Trump

little whitt

54 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Absolutely. Adds weight to the whole point of her evidence.

In a way, I've found her treatment/evidence more damning than the previous guys. Not that I don't think they were telling the truth, but this lady explained that she and others have to remain impartial as part of their duties, but she's been forced out of her job nonetheless.

Still, more questions yet, so I suppose it's right to wait till the end.

It's plain for all to see that a 33 year career diplomat was being moved aside for Trump's political gain. 

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

It's plain for all to see that a 33 year career diplomat was being moved aside for Trump's political gain. 

Yes. Still watching now. Republicans taking a two pronged attack.

1. Saying her removal is not important in this inquiry, and a matter for HR.

2. Turning the anti-corruption work she does around, to enquire as to whether she investigated biden on the board of the energy firm.

Obviously I'm paraphrasing, and summarising but it's very interesting to see lawyers maneuvering the witness.

She handled it very well.

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

2. Turning the anti-corruption work she does around, to enquire as to whether she investigated biden on the board of the energy firm.

Obviously I'm paraphrasing, and summarising but it's very interesting to see lawyers maneuvering the witness.

she is very good and handling the questioning from experienced counsel much better than I expected her to do 

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

she is very good and handling the questioning from experienced counsel much better than I expected her to do 

Clearly upset when asked about her family. Nevertheless powerful that she chose to keep it private, and not try to make capital out of it.

46 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Watched it with an open mind as I'd just switched over to BBC News when she started her testimony. Had no idea if she was about to argue for Trump or against him. In the end I don't think she did either - she just told the truth. There were some questions where she almost visibly winced before giving her reply as she knew the impact it might have. Came across with a lot of integrity.

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Oh come on

even you have to admit this isn’t a good look for a president so determined to look good?

he will get impeached but the GOP will make sure he doesn't get removed, but he may have to sit and testifie live on TV to the whole of America ( I think thats what the Dems are really after)

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Watched it with an open mind as I'd just switched over to BBC News when she started her testimony. Had no idea if she was about to argue for Trump or against him. In the end I don't think she did either - she just told the truth. There were some questions where she almost visibly winced before giving her reply as she knew the impact it might have. Came across with a lot of integrity.

I agree.

I suppose there are parallels with our civil servants not undertaking costings for labour policy for the government, once an election was called.

Remaining impartial and "for the country".

She does seem to have plenty of integrity: even the republicans haven't tried to suggest otherwise.

33 minutes ago, Spider said:

Oh come on

even you have to admit this isn’t a good look for a president so determined to look good?

I’ve never been an advocate of the don or vice versa. There is that much said about him daily good and bad (mainly bad) it’s impossible to pick through it all and will we ever know the truth? I suspect not  

Either way I standby it’s tragic behavior 

and “even me”? You must have me confused with someone else who bangs on about trump as it isn’t me. 

Edited by Escobarp

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, Spider said:

Oh come on

I put him on ignore a week ago. The thick cunt still replies to every single thing I post. He's obsessed.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I agree.

I suppose there are parallels with our civil servants not undertaking costings for labour policy for the government, once an election was called.

Remaining impartial and "for the country".

She does seem to have plenty of integrity: even the republicans haven't tried to suggest otherwise.

She's bloody brave I'll give her that.

Have you seen the video of her trying to respond while that gobshite is live twittering about her?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50436521

• Site Supporter

Saw quite a bit of it, but missed that specific bit- lad buggered his leg up during pe, so wanted me to pick him up from school. :)

I do try to ignore a lot of the anti trump screeching, and look beyond the personality: however it's quite clear his cuntishness seems to have grown such that it's reached around and bit him on the arse here.

He's fucked over a loyal American by the looks of things, and even if he doesn't come a cropper, it will be used heavily against him at the next election.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, bolty58 said:

A good description of the Democrats sham impeachment enquiry.

If there's nothing to answer, then nothing to worry about. I said previously it's more about next year's election.

What isn't disputable is the behaviour during the testimony, from folk who should know better. In fact, it's quite possible that it will help the democrats come voting time.

Unbecoming and ill considered. Take the moral high ground, tweet nowt and use it come election time.

• Site Supporter

Not really paid much attention to this, I've assumed it would be largely bollocks.

Still don't think he'll be impeached, but Trump's big orange botty must be twitching like a rabbit's nose right now.

It's not his fault, like.