Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 1 Qpr 1

gonzo

Nothing against feeney just think woolery pace would have caused them problems, bringing a defensive midfielder on for an attacking player just says we are shutting up shop. Anyway insight is a brilliant thing just disappointed we couldn't beat a poor rangers team.

Shutting up shop is what the majority of managers would do.

Edited by superkev

We saw the game out well apart the one incident?

As in the goal? Nice one.

Fuck me Micheal Owen would be proud of that one.

They had two men on Clough after his goal. Unless his legs had gone he should've stopped on.

That's as bad as a defeat today.

Down down deeper and down.

If QPR had been dominant after the subs then you might look at Lennon. But they weren't.

The only reason we didn't win is because the keeper lets a simple shot under his armpit. Make the routine save as he should have done and nobody questions the subs.

Moxey initially did the right thing putting Phillips on to his weaker foot, but then it all went tits up when he dived in and got nowhere near so then he had plenty of space to line up the shot. Replay doesn't really give a great angle of Amos' (lack of a) contribution other than showing how slowly he moved across goal again. Such a shadow of how he was when he was on loan.

• Moderators

Nothing against feeney just think woolery pace would have caused them problems, bringing a defensive midfielder on for an attacking player just says we are shutting up shop. Anyway insight is a brilliant thing just disappointed we couldn't beat a poor rangers team.

but, we didnt

davies went to where clough had been

danns did fine

• Moderators

Back to same issue as last season, flaky mentality and lack of ruthlessness. If game had been other way round, one of QPR would have legged Phillips up or dragged him back by the shirt before he got in shooting range.

Agree about poor attempt at keeping it in the corner, was stood there, they shouldn't have got out. From then, catalogue of failings we've seen all too often.

No issue with sub, Clough scored a worldy and showed why he needs looking after, he'd won us the game, done his job, the rest should have seen it out.

Vela's gone backwards but wasn't helped today by not having Feeney in front of him.

Holding will think football's a piece of pisss when he has somebody other than Dervite for company, utter shite

if were talking utter shite, dont look betond vela

he was dreadful today and hes equally dreadful with feeney in front of him

its not just his defensive work, he gets caught on the ball time and time again and hes forever not where he should be

we've got some iffy players but hes exceptional

Not doubting the poor keeping, but surely we shouldn't be caught on the break while defending a lead in the final minutes of a game.

Difficult to judge from limited highlights but surely in the 93rd minute, 1-0 up our back 4 should not be scurrying back? Surely they should be tight, in position with a defensive midfielder sat waiting?

Edited by bgoefc

I sit line with our defence most second halves.

Today in particular towards the latter stages it resembled nothing like a back line.

A couple of times before they scored my old man commented to me "look at the bloody shape of that back line" .

It was all over the fuckin place.

With that defence, playing like that, we will be down by April.

Dervite is a really had footballer.

Difficult to judge from limited highlights but surely in the 93rd minute, 1-0 up our back 4 should not be scurrying back? Surely they should be tight, in position with a defensive midfielder sat waiting?

Precisely, the amount of goals we've conceded this season with our defence running backwards with no protection in front is unforgivable. There is no defensive shape as a team, we don't get behind the ball anywhere near fast enough. It's just even more infuriating when you see it in the 93rd minute.

Precisely, the amount of goals we've conceded this season with our defence running backwards with no protection in front is unforgivable. There is no defensive shape as a team, we don't get behind the ball anywhere near fast enough. It's just even more infuriating when you see it in the 93rd minute.

Yesterday we had 2 sat in front of the back 4 and looked a lot more solid, need to look at the replay of the goal to see where the 2 defensive midfielder went in the last minute, cant bare to watch it just yet.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

It's alright having a pop at Moxey and the admittedly ever disappointing Vela, but Maldini and Cafu would struggle at fullback with that stupidly shit 4-3-3 type formation Lennon played yesterday

Time and again the fullbacks were overloaded against off the ball and on the ball only had a shit pass inside or going backwards as options if they didn't take a man on

Lennon is a clueless fuckwit.

Say all you want that it's not his fault Amos doesn't appear to be able to see long shots, or that Moxey doesn't make a tackle, but it's his fault that those small margins are allowed to swing a result, because QPR were shit and we shouldn't have let them be close to 1 in it

Fucking useless cunty cunt

Fuck off Lennon

It's alright having a pop at Moxey and the admittedly ever disappointing Vela, but Maldini and Cafu would struggle at fullback with that stupidly shit 4-3-3 type formation Lennon played yesterday

Time and again the fullbacks were overloaded against off the ball and on the ball only had a shit pass inside or going backwards as options if they didn't take a man on

Lennon is a clueless fuckwit.

Say all you want that it's not his fault Amos doesn't appear to be able to see long shots, or that Moxey doesn't make a tackle, but it's his fault that those small margins are allowed to swing a result, because QPR were shit and we shouldn't have let them be close to 1 in it

Fucking useless cunty cunt

Fuck off Lennon

I'm not sure I know what formation we played but thought it was more of a lose 4-2-1-3. Any one else have a view on what it was? Reminds me of the Eric Morecambe Sketch with Andre Previn, Morecambe says to a puzzled Previn I'm playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order.????

Edited by Mounts Kipper

if were talking utter shite, dont look betond vela

he was dreadful today and hes equally dreadful with feeney in front of him

its not just his defensive work, he gets caught on the ball time and time again and hes forever not where he should be

we've got some iffy players but hes exceptional

Although we accepted he wasn't a full back last season he did make a decent fist of it, a long way worse than that lately and yesterday a stinker. The fact he's that bad but has seen off at least two replacements says everything about Lennon's limitations as a judge of a player and a manager

I'm not sure I know what formation we played but thought it was more of a lose 4-2-1-3. Any one else have a view on what it was? Reminds me of the Eric Morecambe Sketch with Andre Previn, Morecambe says to a puzzled Previn I'm playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order.

One of my all time favourite comedy moments