Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

10 hours ago, Cheese said:

Anyone at this point who believes we're not crashing out with no deal is either ignorant or deluded. Our involvement in EVERY SINGLE EU treaty and organisation ends next March, by default. No more Open Skies, no more EMA, no more Euratom, not a single trade deal with a single country, no more any of it. We Have NOTHING in place to replicate these systems. We are all going to suffer badly one way or another, for many, many years to come. And it is all entirely self-inflicted. We had a huge influence in all of these things until 2 years ago. A proper modern tragedy, brought about by nationalist fantasies and mass delusion. We are about to find out our REAL place in the modern world. 

We sould stop messing around, trying to build deal that they can't accept, and plan to be in the most prepared position on 29 March. Probably should have done that in the first place.

10 hours ago, Cheese said:

We were fucked before we joined the EEC. That's why we joined it. 

April 1st isn't our first day outside the EU.

No, I don't think the "world will end", but yes, planes won't fly.

The Millennium Bug didn't cause many problems because we spent lots of money and many years preparing for it, rather than arguing about how to do it. Back when experts were trusted...

Name a single tangible positive. I've tried looking for one....

You can't find a positive :)

Edited by boltondiver

51 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Haha you'll be asking for links next

Why would I? Its a  Simple question when that bus pulled up with 350 million on the side did you start saying then it was a lie or did you, like a masssive majority of the remain lot wait till after they lost.

its usually the lefty lot asking for links 

Edited by royal white

49 minutes ago, royal white said:

Why would I? Its a  Simple question when that bus pulled up with 350 million on the side did you start saying then it was a lie or did you, like a masssive majority of the remain lot wait till after they lost.

its usually the lefty lot asking for links 

Any sensible person knew it was a lie, you just had to do the maths. Did you believe it? 

5 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Any sensible person knew it was a lie, you just had to do the maths. Did you believe it? 

That wasn’t the question, did you start moaning on social media when that bus pulled up? Many people were sucked into the 350 million that could be better used on the NHS, I didn’t see one of the main remainers jump all over it and say this is utter bullshit, if they did then who knows the result may have been different, however they all decided to jump all over it when it was to late....more fool them.

10 minutes ago, royal white said:

That wasn’t the question, did you start moaning on social media when that bus pulled up? Many people were sucked into the 350 million that could be better used on the NHS, I didn’t see one of the main remainers jump all over it and say this is utter bullshit, if they did then who knows the result may have been different, however they all decided to jump all over it when it was to late....more fool them.

That claim was dismissed as a lie, by many political commentators, in the days following the launch and i and many many others said as such at the time. Both campaigns were full of lies and sadly more people believed the Leave lies. Did you believe that particular lie? Did you go on social media to moan about that lie or did you choose to ignore that lie? 

14 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

That claim was dismissed as a lie, by many political commentators, in the days following the launch and i and many many others said as such at the time. Both campaigns were full of lies and sadly more people believed the Leave lies. Did you believe that particular lie? Did you go on social media to moan about that lie or did you choose to ignore that lie? 

Think the words I used at the time were “they’re both full of shit” however since the vote I haven’t felt the need to continually whine like a bitch because ones set of lies were more successful  

3 minutes ago, royal white said:

Think the words I used at the time were “they’re both full of shit” however since the vote I haven’t felt the need to continually whine like a bitch because ones set of lies were more successful  

So you just whine like a bitch about the EU and those that oppose your point of view on a variety of topics

5 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

So you just whine like a bitch about the EU and those that oppose your point of view on a variety of topics

Where have I whined like a bitch about the EU, are you assuming I voted leave? I don’t give 2 shits about the majority of it I just like to come on here and see the state of pathetic men (using the term lightly) whining because things are going their way and they don’t believe in democracy

22 minutes ago, royal white said:

Where have I whined like a bitch about the EU, are you assuming I voted leave? I don’t give 2 shits about the majority of it I just like to come on here and see the state of pathetic men (using the term lightly) whining because things are going their way and they don’t believe in democracy

You whine like a bitch about everything you don't agree with as far as i can see. The thread the other day pretty much summed that up

4 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

And you believed that?? 

The £350 million on the bus was actually less than it cost

The figure for 2016, from the ONS figures are £19 billion = £360 million a WEEK

After our rebate, which will be no longer available after March 2019, and a return of some funds from the EU we are still short to the tune of £180 million a WEEK

The EU commission figures are slightly less than the ONS figures 

Why can Remainers not accept these figures, there is no going back, People’s March my arse

9 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

The £350 million on the bus was actually less than it cost

The figure for 2016, from the ONS figures are £19 billion = £360 million a WEEK

After our rebate, which will be no longer available after March 2019, and a return of some funds from the EU we are still short to the tune of £180 million a WEEK

The EU commission figures are slightly less than the ONS figures 

Why can Remainers not accept these figures, there is no going back, People’s March my arse

You really have swallowed it all up haven't you. What about factoring in the the £120b the government will have to borrow over the next 15 years to shore up the economy with the widely acknowledged difficult economic conditions we will have to endure. What about the £1.5b the government will spend on civil servants to manage and scrutinise the legislation that come with leaving the EU. What about all the subsidies that the agricultural and scientific industries will demand when we leave. If you just have this myopic view on the numbers then no wonder you believed what the bus said. 

1 hour ago, Salford Trotter said:

You really have swallowed it all up haven't you. What about factoring in the the £120b the government will have to borrow over the next 15 years to shore up the economy with the widely acknowledged difficult economic conditions we will have to endure. What about the £1.5b the government will spend on civil servants to manage and scrutinise the legislation that come with leaving the EU. What about all the subsidies that the agricultural and scientific industries will demand when we leave. If you just have this myopic view on the numbers then no wonder you believed what the bus said. 

It’s a good job your stats are facts!

:)

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Aye, the future, eh?!

if only we knew more about it!

Indeed, all crystal balls seem to come with a free remoaner.

They interviewed a woman on the march earlier. She was born in 1982 and claimed to be more European than British in some ways.  

More utter bollocks flowed. It'll be on the news again later.

Perhaps it was the test fracking, but it seems we've been floated away from the rest of the continent, and the end is nigh.

Glad I picked a few bags full of apples earlier, it seems we're going to need them.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

5 hours ago, Salford Trotter said:

You should put that on the side of a bus. Some people may actually believe it.

7 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Spotted plenty of the marchers on our way to the Anime exhibit at Noho. 

Hope they get their way mainly to piss of the guy from leave means leave on BBC Breakfast this morning. Who spent most of his segment parroting 'we won you lost get over it' in response to every question. 

Absolutely loads of them on the train and tube on my way in. Stations closed due to overcrowding.