Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Sweep said:

have you seen the price of Gas at the minute?

Have you seen the price of illegal chartered flights that never take off but are still charged to the tax payers? About 500 grand apparently.

Edited by Cheese

21 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Have you seen the price of illegal chartered flights that never take off but are still charged to the tax payers? About 500 grand apparently.

ssshh, you'll upset the Gammons

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Have you seen the price of keeping folk here who shouldn’t be here but are still charged to the tax payers? 

30 minutes ago, royal white said:

Have you seen the price of keeping folk here who shouldn’t be here but are still charged to the tax payers? 

About 1.5£ billion a year apparently. 
Criticising the cost of an attempt to solve the crisis of people risking their lives (many die) to come from a safe country should be taken in context.

Edited by BobyBrno

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, royal white said:

They should be here though.

“Illegal” migrants don’t get anything.

Asylum seekers get some money, but I suspect they’re not spunking it all on sky sports and BMW’s

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

Asylum seekers get some money, but I suspect they’re not spunking it all on sky sports and BMW’s

Illegal immigrants do get stuff. Including expensive legal representation. They're not allowed to starve are they?

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Some of these have been seen chucking their identity documents over the side of their dinghies.

Time to pop one at the stern and use the escaping air to propel it back to France.

Might beat the top gear/beard Branson record.

Aye, because they wait until they're in view of the Dover coast until they throw their documents into the sea.

12 minutes ago, Spider said:

Pretty sure anyone coming into the U.K. get something. Illegal or Asylum seekers.

Not sure ‘They should be here’ though. 
We have a process to differentiate.

Like every other country in the world, we will deport the ones that don’t conform to the rules.

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Aye, because they wait until they're in view of the Dover coast until they throw their documents into the sea.

They are the lucky ones. Some took them to the bottom of the English Channel. 
If only the French could do something to stop this ongoing tragedy. Don’t hold your breath.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

They are the lucky ones. Some took them to the bottom of the English Channel. 
If only the French could do something to stop this ongoing tragedy. Don’t hold your breath.

The French and Germans keep way more than we do.

Fortunately Brexit allowed us to stop them coming over here and pinching all our jobs.

7 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Pretty sure anyone coming into the U.K. get something. Illegal or Asylum seekers.

Not sure ‘They should be here’ though. 
We have a process to differentiate.

Like every other country in the world, we will deport the ones that don’t conform to the rules.

Claim and be accepted for asylum, they get an 'Aspen' card which is used to withdraw cash. They used to get £30 cash a week and accommodation.

Dont claim or have your claim refused and you get nowt.  There are thousands in the UK in that position. Destitute yet getting by purely down to friends and charities. 

3 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Claim and be accepted for asylum, they get an 'Aspen' card which is used to withdraw cash. They used to get £30 cash a week and accommodation.

Dont claim or have your claim refused and you get nowt.  There are thousands in the UK in that position. Destitute yet getting by purely down to friends and charities. 

So if I go to another country and don’t claim whatever ever, I’ll get nowt? If they don’t register or claim in any other EU country, I guess they get nowt also?

2 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

So if I go to another country and don’t claim whatever ever, I’ll get nowt? If they don’t register or claim in any other EU country, I guess they get nowt also?

Yeah.  It's pretty similar across Europe.  Most of those in France waiting to cross here, won't be getting anything from the French Govt.  The majority though who do claim asylum there, get around 35 euros until their case is decided.

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Illegal immigrants do get stuff. Including expensive legal representation. They're not allowed to starve are they?

All Legal Representation for the Rwanda flight victims was voluntarily provided for FREE by people with souls.

Edited by Cheese

8 minutes ago, Spider said:

The French and Germans keep way more than we do.

Fortunately Brexit allowed us to stop them coming over here and pinching all our jobs.

Whatever the French and Germans do is irrelevant. If that’s true. Every country has a right to decide who crosses its borders. Many others have taken less. It’s not a competition. Those migrating into Europe aren’t risking their lives after paying a fortune to bastards who couldn’t give a shit about them (not necessarily French)

As for Brexit, most of us who did our homework knew that immigration wouldn’t be affected. Some didn’t.

7 minutes ago, Cheese said:

All Legal Representation for the Rwanda flight victims was voluntarily provided for FREE by people with souls.

If only the French had souls and did something to stop the tragic crossings. Don’t hold your breath.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, BobyBrno said:

If only the French had souls and did something to stop the tragic crossings. Don’t hold your breath.

You literally just said what the French do is irrelevant?

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Whatever the French and Germans do is irrelevant. If that’s true. Every country has a right to decide who crosses its borders. Many others have taken less. It’s not a competition. Those migrating into Europe aren’t risking their lives after paying a fortune to bastards who couldn’t give a shit about them (not necessarily French)

As for Brexit, most of us who did our homework knew that immigration wouldn’t be affected. Some didn’t.

I didn’t do my homework. Probably busy. I was swayed by bullshitters and racists.

We live and learn.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Illegal” migrants don’t get anything.

Of course they get something, they’re not just left on the streets 

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

I didn’t do my homework. Probably busy. I was swayed by bullshitters and racists.

We live and learn.

Never be swayed by a racist. No excuse I’m afraid.

Bullshitters are all over the place, that I can understand.