Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

23 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

And it might encourage folk to arrive by approved routes and you know just might save lives of those trafficked by illegal traffickers and by dangerous methods. But Priti is an evil bitch and she’s got a fat arse. 

Approved routes.

"I really don't like getting blown up, right best book my asylum trip next week. Wonder if I can get it done with TUI?"

I do wonder what people think asylum seekers actually are.

And as ever reach out for simple solutions to complex problems.

11 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Approved routes.

"I really don't like getting blown up, right best book my asylum trip next week. Wonder if I can get it done with TUI?"

I do wonder what people think asylum seekers actually are.

And as ever reach out for simple solutions to complex problems.

Why would people from Turkey, Egypt, Vietnam  and Albania worry about being blown up? They’re just some of the nationalities due to go to Rawanda. TUI do fly to some of them as well (traf 😉

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

There's no such thing as an illegal asylum seeker.

Just saying 

Semantics and lawyer speak there.

Maybe that needs to be made so by law, such that anyone paying a trafficker to come in via the boats etc should automatically be deported.

Whatever is proposed at the moment is going to he greeted with derision by the usual groups.

This is one area of policy that the Conservative party is largely agreed upon, but, as yet, the government haven't got to grips with. Legislation is a start, but this is probably the last opportunity for a moderate, mainstream party to get things dramatically improved. None of the other moderate, mainstream parties have proposed anything that will meet the demands of voters, and if those people can't see the start of improvement, then the more extreme groups will rapidly gain traction. Just like brexit, but with the potential to be even more divisive. 

Whether this Rwanda plan works out or not, we can see the impact that lawyers are having, and as a result, more legislation is being talked about. The very sort of thing that will drive voters towards more extreme, one issue groups to get what they want.

11 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

EU Threatening legal action, deary me that's before they seen the report or its even passed parliament, a green lane for NI goods and a red lane for goods going to Eire, seems acceptable solution to me, the EU have proven time and time again you cannot negotiate with them.

11 hours ago, Ani said:

And goods moving from Northern Ireland to Eire ? Can they just move freely ? 

11 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I have not seen the bill so I cannot answer that.   

So, the EU cannot possibly dare threaten legal action, because they have insufficient detail. Yet you at the very same time have determined that it is a reasonable solution, when you then immediately say you haven’t seen the bill and don’t know how it actually works? 

As for the legal action, isn’t this actually existing legal action that the EU had paused because they actively wanted to negotiate to find a solution?

Just now, Jol_BWFC said:

So, the EU cannot possibly dare threaten legal action, because they have insufficient detail. Yet you at the very same time have determined that it is a reasonable solution, when you then immediately say you haven’t seen the bill and don’t know how it actually works? 

As for the legal action, isn’t this actually existing legal action that the EU had paused because they actively wanted to negotiate to find a solution?

Very different me offering my opinion on the bits I’d heard on the bill from the EU threatening legal action, the 2 are hardly comparable. 

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Fucking numb Brexiters on Twitter going nuts about the EU still meddling with our laws, completely misunderstanding fact that the ECHR has nothing to do with the EU! 🤣

There is a chance this entire debacle has played out as planned, with that exact objective. After all, this Government "don't believe in Human Rights"...