Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tommy Robinson

royal white

Nah, this is TR with Paxman, apparantly he shook his hand after the interview and said 'Keep doing what you're doing Tommy' Douglas Murray is saying exactly yhe same things as TR but Douglas is Eton educated and more articulate so Murray is a conservative but TR is a far right hate monger

Also - Douglas Murray hasn't got multiple criminal convictions and a history of violence.

Anyhow talking about his violent convictions

When he was 21 he was working as an aircraft engineer at Luton airport, quite a good job. He was arguing with his now wife when a bloke 'Rugby Tackled' him, he had no idea who the bloke was and filled him in, the bloke turned out to be an off duty police officer, he lost his job and was sent to prison for 12 months, the judge accepted he was defending himself he just overstepped the mark

His second conviction for violence was at an EDL demonstration, there was a splinter group called the North East Infidels, who are a far right group, TR called the leader up on stage then head butted him and told him that their sort were not welcome in the EDL, he's not a bad lad actually just goes about thinngs in the wrong way

• Moderators

Nah, this is TR with Paxman, apparantly he shook his hand after the interview and said 'Keep doing what you're doing Tommy' Douglas Murray is saying exactly yhe same things as TR but Douglas is Eton educated and more articulate so Murray is a conservative but TR is a far right hate monger

see in that interview he makes some good points and things I'd agree with as being part way to a solution

e.g. regulation and investigations into how mosques ares set up / funded

a big part of the problem is that many of his followers don't see it that way, they are more like the Tommy Robinson "of old"

and that's what he is synonymous with - and he's probably not done enough to shake off that reputation, which is why when he get's arrested and locked up (for something he knows he shouldn't  have been doing), you then see a rise in shit like this:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/tommy-robinson-free-protest-nazi-salutes-london-violence-police-arrests-attacks-prison-a8393566.html

his rhetoric continues to be anti muslim, evident in the fact he was outside court live streaming shouting "muslim peados" and what not at a trial where they offenders have already been caught, arrested and in the process of being tried

he wasn't highlighting anything we didn't know already, just shit stirring

which is why his behavior will give rise to far right elements similar to how Trump has to the alt right in the States

and I'm still to see anything he has actually done which has directly led to elements of extreme islam being dealt with in the correct way

The solution is Majid Nawaz,and the likes of him, he's brilliant but it needs more like him to sort things out. TR isn't going to solve anything but at least he raises the issues

I like listening to Majid Nawaz when he's on LBC, always seems to speak sense, and very articulate with it, never gets flustered even when he's speaking to a knuckle dragger

• Moderators

Also his 7/7 comment was wrong and he apologised for it, he'd been on a stag do in Prague and flew straight back pissed up to an EDL meeting.  But it was wrong

had to google it, but found it:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/oct/11/edl-tommy-robinson-sorry-fear-muslims

I hope both his supporters and detractors heard it and took note

The solution is Majid Nawaz,and the likes of him, he's brilliant but it needs more like him to sort things out. TR isn't going to solve anything but at least he raises the issues

When he was being arrested and imprisoned in Egypt, I believe that Miami's pal, Sadiq Khan was his lawyer as well wasn't he? - or I might be making stuff up in my head there  :)

He's like your mate down the pub who you don't necessarily agree with half the time but makes a decent impassioned argument.

I'm not sure I'd want my mate down the pub being the figurehead for the far right in England though.

I dont think he is far right one bit but that's how he's labelled which I part of why I think he is unfairly treated

• Members

I dont think he is far right one bit but that's how he's labelled which I part of why I think he is unfairly treated

Have a +1. It's the easy label (cue the cabal with the "if you say your Libdem on here you get labelled a commie").

Full marks for observation.

Have a +1. It's the easy label (cue the cabal with the "if you say your Libdem on here you get labelled a commie").

Full marks for observation.

is it really a cabal, or just one, maybe two people who would say that?

It's cable ffs...

Cabal television, cabal car, undersea cabal...

Jezza is constantly judged by the company he's alleged to have kept, so why not 'Tommy'?

The internet is awash with him (Lennon) gurning like he's E'd up, flashing his bleached smile and hugging a veritable 'who's who' of far-right goons.

Jeremy Corbyn had been out on the piss all weekend with some trade unionists then flew straight out to Tunisia when he laid that wreath.

Been pissed the most part of the last 40 years, then. Alky cunt.

Edited by boltondiver