Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, darrener said:

I actually think Howard was genuine, if he wasn't then he surely would have got his punch line in before he left, for me he gave the impression at the beginning they were in it for the benefit of the club, but has it went on they just wanted someone to just bung them some cash not to take the shares. I don't think they were ever going to take the shares but humble pie would gladly be eaten if proved wrong. Fwiw I think Ken will take us to oblivion. 

I don't for a minute think he wasn't genuine or that he was a WUM but he certainly didn't come here in order to spend hours a day spouting bollocks on a BWFC forum. I imagine he's being paid as a digital public relations guy by someone and is doing to us exactly what tabloids do to their readership; attempt to sway their way of thinking one way or the other. 

1 minute ago, Boothy said:

I don’t see it that way at all. We’re in the middle of a highly charged situation being fans of a Club that most have followed their entire lives. I don’t think it’s right to disregard the pessimism or challenge of anyone’s viewpoint at this stage whilst we have this existential threat looming.

As for Howard, I don’t really think that posting a couple of obscure documents and calling a few things right necessarily equate to compelling justification for people to lap it all up.

Everyone will be pleased as punch even if some semblance of his story comes to fruition but remember the old adage about things being too good to be true.

Exactly, and rightly so as we all know things like this just don’t happen to Bolton Wanderers. I think it’s a case of us all just clinging onto anything positive at the moment 

1 hour ago, jules_darby said:

Do folk still want “Howard’s boys” to ride in like shining knights now we’ve seen “it’s” true colours?

Seeing as folk thought he was a decent sort and representative of them 

What’ve I missed? Or is it the assumption Howard’s lot will take a pay off to let Bassini in - that’s his true colours?

i see some criticism of Howard as things haven’t gone as he predicted - surely that’s down to a fluid situation with variables like adjournements badly addressed letters etc coming into play?

And has he / she now fucked off?

Edited by onlyoneawalker

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, anthonyj said:

Badly addressed letters my left fucking bollock!

And yes Micky......this is more important than the Brexit shambles to the faithfull. 😂

Whatever happens in Brexit affects us all along with every other person in the country (and, dare I say it, the rest of Europe and parts of the rest of the world) Whatever happens in BWexit affects just us as Bolton fans (notwithstanding that there are also Bolton fans in the rest of Europe and the rest of the world)

Howard ....

This is from a someone that is involved with the Insolvency and Business Restructuring practice of a fairly well known form of Chartered Accountants.

“There is no automatic right of setoff in administration as opposed to liquidation which means that BWFC would still be pursued by the administrator for the 5m debt irrespective of it being owed 13m. Unless it can pay that 5m then it will force BWFC Into administration”

We could still be forced in to administration.   

11 hours ago, Howardroark said:

There is a real issue with human nature where we can’t bear to see other people hold more knowledge than ourselves. It probably stems from a poor upbringing, that cotton mill chip on ones shoulder perhaps?

It was this comment that wound a few up - myself included.

Stick to the narrative "PR Man" and we'll all get along just fine. 

43 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

Thanks 

Am just trying to work out why KA  specifically thanks Michael James in his latest notes ? 

Unless MJ has a say regarding the car parks being used for match day and has to give his permission the only other thing was that he paid the wages which I can only assume that FVW are back in

Just now, Chrisj said:

Unless MJ has a say regarding the car parks being used for match day and has to give his permission the only other thing was that he paid the wages which I can only assume that FVW are back in

I think we are thinking on similar lines 

I think it would be really naive for everyone to dismiss Howard or what he has said. The majority of what he has said has come true. The problem for me the last week or so has been every time he has said something he hasn't painted the full picture which has lead to the many questions from others. He said his buyers could reclaim the shares next week which again got everyone's hopes up, only for a few hours later for him to tell everyone that KA can still liquidate the club. At the minute I feel like a puppet

30 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Howard ....

This is from a someone that is involved with the Insolvency and Business Restructuring practice of a fairly well known form of Chartered Accountants.

“There is no automatic right of setoff in administration as opposed to liquidation which means that BWFC would still be pursued by the administrator for the 5m debt irrespective of it being owed 13m. Unless it can pay that 5m then it will force BWFC Into administration”

We could still be forced in to administration.   

I thought that was the plan, funded by Howard’s bunch?

otherwise someone else either needs to buy, find admin or the club is liquidated 

4 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Bassini has provided proof of funds according to Talksport. Interview with him after 10

He's been saying that for 10 days hasn't he? He's just not yet provided the funds.... 

49 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Whatever happens in Brexit affects us all along with every other person in the country (and, dare I say it, the rest of Europe and parts of the rest of the world) Whatever happens in BWexit affects just us as Bolton fans (notwithstanding that there are also Bolton fans in the rest of Europe and the rest of the world)

BWexit......nice! 😠