Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

10 minutes ago, leadfrog1 said:

Thing that gets me is even though they don't have amazing records, some of the players we've signed have decent championship records like Murphy, buckly, noone, hoobs and grounds, it's got to be parkinson and the tactics/training. 

Don't agree but I totally see where you're coming from though. I'd say they're players no one else wants and we've got the players who will play for the wages we pay. Sows ear silk purse etc

We weren't complaining when he got us out of league 1 on a shoestring.

Personally I think the football is shite, but given the financial side, I reckon we don't know the half of it.  I think he's handled the non football stuff with real dignity.

1 minute ago, stevieb said:

Correct. 

He would have been potted moons ago at any other club (and rightly so) but he's not been as useless as lennon or freedman given the players and finances at his disposal. 

I get the sense parkie is the only fucker turning up these days! 

5 minutes ago, Ani said:

Read the comments about wages. Players have come here cos no one else wanted them at this level. 

Add in shit storm that the club has become no manager would have had much chance of keeping us up. 

Parky has made some strange and some just bad calls but the idea it is all his fault is honestly bollocks. I do think he has to go but I won’t join in this hatred that people seem to have to him. 

No one hates parkinson, I just think he's a league one level manager 

1 minute ago, Ani said:

They do. Plenty of comments on here. 

They probably hate his style of play and management. I don't think many people actually hate HIM, especially with what he's dealing with. Hard to distinguish between the two at times though. 

All EFL clubs (bar the odd one) lose money. You need someone on an ego trip to fund the losses. Ken doesn't have the money to fund us. He's strung it out for as long as he can and now we need someone with more money. If you get 14,000 people paying £30 a game 23 games a season, you can't pay players £30k a week. If you're outside the premier league you're fucked.

If the players had been paid on time every time we’d still be going down. With a very high chance with exactly the same points and same position that we are now 

Only one man has been responsible for picking the side 42 times this season & made me, my old man and many others who’ve traipsed up & down the country for years through the good the bad and the downright shit sack it off and it’s  no one on here or any fucker wearing a tank top 

I’ve hated watching that dross every week since the minute that fella has walked through the door. Despite one or two fantastic days, week on week it’s been a miserable, draining, turgid chore

Edited by barrycowdrill

7 hours ago, Carlos said:

I hate Parkinson, he’s shitter than shit. He got a team that should have won Div 1 up in 2nd place and got out of jail last season. Shit.

The non league bender is right! 

Too many excuses for Parkinson. His squad choices and tactics are woeful. Forest was the shittest and strangest 11 pick we’ve witnessed and he was VERY lucky to get out of it

21 minutes ago, Big E said:

The non league bender is right! 

Too many excuses for Parkinson. His squad choices and tactics are woeful. Forest was the shittest and strangest 11 pick we’ve witnessed and he was VERY lucky to get out of it

Burton week before was worse. 

If we have Parkinson next season i really do not want to even contemplate season ticket sales. I've been watching since 1976.......but would really have to convince myself into buying into another season of absolute bullshit management.

That said.......i probabably would......i can't help loving my club and wanting to suport it through good and bad.

24 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

The turn around of Gary madine is the only thing il praise Parkinson for 

that’s it

But hold on tight as I reckon we have another season with him 

I’m not a Parky hater but if any new owner has any hope of attracting a decent number of season ticket holders then they must replace Parky with someone who will lift the support and play a both a winning and attractive style of football. I’m hoping that the majority of 10-11 thousand ST holders we have now will renew as that’ll make big difference to the outcome of next season. Keep the faith lads n lasses. 

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m not a Parky hater but if any new owner has any hope of attracting a decent number of season ticket holders then they must replace Parky with someone who will lift the support and play a both a winning and attractive style of football. I’m hoping that the majority of 10-11 thousand ST holders we have now will renew as that’ll make big difference to the outcome of next season. Keep the faith lads n lasses. 

Any new owner has a hard task of getting the club engaged with the fans 

wouldn’t fancy that job myself 

34 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

The turn around of Gary madine is the only thing il praise Parkinson for 

that’s it

But hold on tight as I reckon we have another season with him 

The first thing any new owner does to get the supporters behind them has to be sacking Parkinson

The majority of fans have had enough of Parkinson & Parkinson's negative, dour, boring anti football, which is why a lot have stayed away - most fans wanted him out months ago.

Just having a football league club next season with a new owner and a new manager. That will do me and i will get a season ticket and then worry about winning games with nice football just the cherry on top. Parky still here then sorry count me out.

2 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

If the players had been paid on time every time we’d still be going down. With a very high chance with exactly the same points and same position that we are now 

Only one man has been responsible for picking the side 42 times this season & made me, my old man and many others who’ve traipsed up & down the country for years through the good the bad and the downright shit sack it off and it’s  no one on here or any fucker wearing a tank top 

I’ve hated watching that dross every week since the minute that fella has walked through the door. Despite one or two fantastic days, week on week it’s been a miserable, draining, turgid chore

Bazza your spot on mate I'm exactly the same become a chore

25 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I for one will renew next season and Parkinson will be replaced no doubt about that but I am not a hater of the man himself that we are not below Ipswich and relegated yet despite all the issues this season is a miracle in itself and the manager should not be answering questions about off field issues so Parky the man I feel sorry for and would shake his hand and thank him for all he has done.

Parky the manager is way out of his depth at this level he is too concerned about stopping the opposition than giving them something to worry about for example Boro at home we matched their system but they have better players than us in that system so why not play a different one to make them think and offer something different.  If you’re playing 4231 then Oztumer needs to play behind the striker to open up gaps in front of him