Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

• Site Supporter
54 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Ken as just been playing for time and hoping something will turn up can’t see any alternative to liquidation now once  the season is over and there is no income coming in bar a concert  And another court date looming 

If wages aren't paid, ground staff might fuck it off, and the concert might not happen.

Not sure they'll be able to hire private firm as no fucker will touch it with a barge pole.

Talk is that James, Warburton, and other creditors buying ED loan, and putting the club into admin, then sell it in admin, well that was a theory put to Iles, to which he replied, that is the situation as he understands it

Edited by DomRepWanderer

16 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Talk is that James, Warburton, and other creditors buying ED loan, and putting the club into admin, then sell it in admin, well that was a theory put to Iles, to which he replied, that is the situation as he understands it

The Warburtons will no doubt end up making some dough out of it when it goes into admin.

11 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

But surely the King of Bahrain owns that debt, and is only not calling it in due to the fact that Bassini has tipped him a couple of million, out of the money that the Sultan of Ping has lent him, secured against a bedsit in Cricklewood ?

11 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

But surely the King of Bahrain owns that debt, and is only not calling it in due to the fact that Bassini has tipped him a couple of million, out of the money that the Sultan of Ping has lent him, secured against a bedsit in Cricklewood ?

They are expensive there mind

31 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Sounds feasible that,  hope MJ in particular can do something to help us out.

46 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Sounds feasible that,  hope MJ in particular can do something to help us out.

He's got BWFC at heart and he's fairly well connected.

I always fancied having Peter Kenyon on board - i know he's a red, but he knows a lot of people in the game and he knows people with deepish pockets.

Man U + Chelsea seemed to start signing the really big players when he was around - Van Nis, Drogba etc

Edited by Burndens Bogs

3 minutes ago, embankment said:

Howard , greatest fisherman ever on here.

I don't think that was his mission, he seemed to know his legal shite and he did seem to have some inside info and he put a lot of time and effort during his short spell on here.

Having said that, i don't think for a minute that he was a PR man for consortium serious about buying us.

Quite what his agenda was, maybe we'll never find out.

• Site Supporter

You know how I'm not bothered about anybody else, except Bolton Wanderers, and I just wish it was all over.

Well I've not had the patience to read all this, so can someone please give me a short precis of how Howardgate turned out? Did he get rumbled as a baddie, or bullshitter or what?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by FrancisFogarty

Bang on gonzo! 

My main worry is this season we, as a fan base, have had no stomach for the fight. Rather than get behind the team and try and push on for the odd win or draw or whatever people have just stopped going to the game. 

I think that unity you want is going to be defeated by apathy. 

• Members

We as a fan base have stomached some proper shit going back really to when Freedman was in charge though haven't we , it has just got steadily worse and folk are just fed up with being served up shite football week in week out ......If the team were battling and showing some fight and will to do their best for the club maybe more supporters would as well.....Maybe not  but it would help.

• Site Supporter

Thanks Gonzo. More or less as I thought.

I'm only a council school lad, and some of the financial stuff was making my head fall off. 

As I have said before, I'm not bothered about the nuts and bolts of it, I just want my club back.If I know it's going to be next season I can wait, but stumbling from one wobbly step to another is (as the young might say) doing my head in.