Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

Slightly off topic, but seen a lot of comments about getting rid of PP. 

I agree, a fresh start would be best, but do people actually think we have enough time to appoint a new manager, new backroom staff, organise preseason, identify targets AND sign a whole new team before the start of the season? .. just curious as to people’s opinion?

I think due to time constraints we may actually be stuck with PP. 

Just now, JJ10 said:

I agree, a fresh start would be best, but do people actually think we have enough time to appoint a new manager, new backroom staff, organise preseason, identify targets AND sign a whole new team before the start of the season? .. just curious as to people’s opinion?

my point aswell. pp would have at least a plan.

11 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

The Khilji's, Shabbir and Naeema.

Gaspard Holdings Ltd.

The apparent 'tyre kickers' from Lostock who have been on the scene for the last two years.

Ah, of course. Haven't heard them mentioned for a while. Thanks for the reminder.

None of those bidders seem particularly great but beggars can't be choosers, I suppose. Who knows, at least two of those bidders might have found some new, encouraging backers? Nixon has hinted at FV having new names involved a few times.

15 minutes ago, JJ10 said:

I've said before I don't think starting the season PP would be the worst thing. It'll be a much cleaner transition if he stays and also, if he's not doing well enough, there might be better candidates to take the job part way through the season, rather than trying to shoehorn someone in now, potentially fail and then have to find ANOTHER manager. Time for some stability and while I'd like to see the back of PP as much as the next guy, he's not the first priority to sorting ourselves out.

Edited by Mantra

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

Was it FV or shabnab that had Sharon Britain in tow?

99% sure it was FV that she was involved with. Heard that she was going to be the new Chairman when Basran was involved.

10 minutes ago, Mantra said:

I've said before I don't think starting the season PP would be the worst thing. It'll be a much cleaner transition if he stays and also, if he's not doing well enough, there might be better candidates to take the job part way through the season, rather than trying to shoehorn someone in now, potentially fail and then have to find ANOTHER manager. Time for some stability and while I'd like to see the back of PP as much as the next guy, he's not the first priority to sorting ourselves out.

Completely agree. 

Just think there’s too many people not taking the actual time constraints into consideration when calling for PP’s head and making comments like ‘if PP still in charge I won’t be renewing’ 

The majority of us want a change, but it isn’t necessarily as easy as that. 

9 minutes ago, Mantra said:

99% sure it was FV that she was involved with. Heard that she was going to be the new Chairman when Basran was involved.

Yeah, she’s in with FV & Michael James. 

Jeff Thomas is supposed to be a big part of FV money wise isn’t he? He’s supposedly got the most out of them. 

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, JJ10 said:

Come the first day back in training, If we're starting with 5 players or less I don't think it matters if the manager has been here 3 years or 3 days

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

If he's in charge we are even more fucked. Those crowds will dwindle and no matter what players he brings in, the Fucker will ruin them. 

I agree a change is best. Was just curious on people’s opinions on wether we have the time to appoint a new manager as well as sign a whole new team. I think it may be difficult. 

12 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Come the first day back in training, If we're starting with 5 players or less I don't think it matters if the manager has been here 3 years or 3 days

There is an argument there for that line of thinking. I also really don't want to see Oztumer sold, or worse, not played in League One because he's not a "Parky player". He could be a massive asset next season. I think he'll probably end up at Charlton anyway.

The major issue is that sacking PP puts us into more uncertainty, which we don't have time for. PP has a good record in League One and could play a part in attracting some players because of this.

If we've got less than 5 players and are managerless, it's going to be a hard sell to free agents/loan signings. At least with a manager and backroom staff we have some form of structure and we can sign players that suit his style.

Having said that, we're not going to have a large pool to choose from, so signing players for the manager's style might be getting ahead of ourselves slightly.

If the new owner has someone lined up to come in straight away then I'm all for it but if it's going to mean a week or two searching for a manager, do we really have the time for that?

Edited by Mantra

11 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Yeah spose that’s right, if we starting from scratch either way, what difference does it make how long he’s been here.  

Was thinking more along the lines of how long it might take to appoint one and his backroom staff then organise pre season etc. 

I want him gone and a fresh start but I can definitely see why a new owner would want to keep Parkinson on especially for the first few months, a safe pair of hands who knows the club especially if he is doing tentative pre season planning behind the scenes.

People not renewing would be a big shame though, a very bad message to new owners and further proof that this "once in never out", "watch them from the pavements" bollocks is very easy to spout on social media but very rarely backed up with actions.

Ideally I'd like to think the fact we very nearly went out of existence would inspire people to want to go and and back us regardless of the manager.

Anyway, sure there'll be loads of "I'm not going to home games until..." folk clamouring for Lincoln and Accrington away tickets.

50 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Ah, of course. Haven't heard them mentioned for a while. Thanks for the reminder.

None of those bidders seem particularly great but beggars can't be choosers, I suppose. Who knows, at least two of those bidders might have found some new, encouraging backers? Nixon has hinted at FV having new names involved a few times.

That’s where i’m at. I want PP out, but now is not the right time.

3 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

People not renewing would be a big shame though, a very bad message to new owners and further proof that this "once in never out", "watch them from the pavements" bollocks is very easy to spout on social media but very rarely backed up with actions.

Ideally I'd like to think the fact we very nearly went out of existence would inspire people to want to go and and back us regardless of the manager.

Anyway, sure there'll be loads of "I'm not going to home games until..." folk clamouring for Lincoln and Accrington away tickets.

There’s ‘once in never out’ and then there is watching the absolute shite Parkinson put us through week in week out.

i’ll happily go at the start of the reason to recognise the new beginning but if he is still in charge and is telling our centre backs to launch it to a 5ft 5 forward and we are getting played off the park by Lincoln then to hell with that.

I won’t be renewing season ticket if he is charge. I’ll be getting match tickets from the start because I know full well he won’t know what he’s doing.

if he we get shut of him before Christmas I’ll get a half season ticket.

if we get shut of him before season starts I’ll renew. Even if it’s the kit man in charge. He’ll at least have the team worked up instead of rolling over

8 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Don’t worry the dodgy box/ Hogarths brigade will be after them tickets and they don’t step one foot in the ground 

29 minutes ago, JJ10 said:

Yeah, she’s in with FV & Michael James. 

Jeff Thomas is supposed to be a big part of FV money wise isn’t he? He’s supposedly got the most out of them. 

Not too sure about that.

Seems he's a serial Director - 52 of them at the last count -

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/FQuMogLjFWa7K5OdayijiFDOPNg/appointments

I've only spent a few minutes researching him but the main part of his empire (which he shares a number of Directorships with Sharon Brttain) is Virtual Infrastructure Group Ltd -

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08099285

This in turn seems to have a company called BGF GP Ltd having a considerable 'Relative Legal Entity' over the company in order to exercise 'significant influence or control over the company' whatever that means?

BFG GP Ltd -

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10657217

Has only one share and as recently as October 2018, filed accounts as a 'dormant' company.

I guess what I'm saying is that if FV (Whites) ends up as owning us, we don't actually know who they answer too, or who pulls their strings.

Make of this what you will.

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, JJ10 said:

Yeah spose that’s right, if we starting from scratch either way, what difference does it make how long he’s been here.  

Was thinking more along the lines of how long it might take to appoint one and his backroom staff then organise pre season etc. 

Think the other thing to bear in mind is PP can't make any plans until he knows who is in charge, so I doubt there's an advantage to him being here and now

We can't even buy our season tickets yet

It's basically start from scratch the day any new owner is announced

I get that any new appointment may set us back a week or two but in the grand scheme of things it's not a major set back, all things considered