Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

F1 is back

MancWanderer

Yep. Bottas shows what an average driver can do in a superb car. 3rd place. Hamilton just wipes everyone 

Max was class today. Superb drive. And his radio call about “forget Mercedes, let’s just concentrate on what we can do” says to me he’s definitely the next Hamilton

Totally understand Mercedes signing  Bottas up again but it’s just such a shame that they can’t let a Peres/Norris or the like have the second seat

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Yep. Bottas shows what an average driver can do in a superb car. 3rd place. Hamilton just wipes everyone 

Max was class today. Superb drive. And his radio call about “forget Mercedes, let’s just concentrate on what we can do” says to me he’s definitely the next Hamilton

Totally understand Mercedes signing  Bottas up again but it’s just such a shame that they can’t let a Peres/Norris or the like have the second seat

They’re a one man team

That second seat is only suitable for a well behaved stooge. Until LH goes to Ferrari in 2022.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Ferrari are far too arrogant for that. 

and bottas an average driver? 😂😂😂😂

I think he's a bit better than that, though, as the commentators said, he seems to lack that drive and aggression of Hamilton. Maybe suits Mercedes, so long as the continue to get first and second overall, which at the moment they're not doing.

I see Wolff is considering his future too.

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I think he's a bit better than that, though, as the commentators said, he seems to lack that drive and aggression of Hamilton. Maybe suits Mercedes, so long as the continue to get first and second overall, which at the moment they're not doing.

I see Wolff is considering his future too.

He’s a lot better than that. Depends what you are using as a comparative though. If its Hamilton then they are all fairly average in reality as he’s that good.  

wolff just signed a new contract and is also a shareholder in the F1 team. But he is of an age where he might be wanting to wind down or do something a bit less time consuming. He won’t end up at another F1 team though.  

9 hours ago, Escobarp said:

and bottas an average driver? 😂😂😂😂

Yes mate tbh I do see him as average 

He’s a second string driver who will grind out decent qualifying and finishes but never threaten Hamilton but I take your point that we shouldn’t really compare those two

Of the experienced drivers I’d put Daniel Ric, Vettel and Kimi ahead of him as drivers who have shown that they can wring the neck of a half decent car and get a better than expected result. Just not seen that with Bottas

Of the newer drivers I’d put Max (obvs), Perez, LeClerc and Sainz as doing a better job considering their cars

Opinions though innit

Edited by MancWanderer

28 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Yes mate tbh I do see him as average 

He’s a second string driver who will grind out decent qualifying and finishes but never threaten Hamilton but I take your point that we shouldn’t really compare those two

Of the experienced drivers I’d put Daniel Ric, Vettel and Kimi ahead of him as drivers who have shown that they can wring the neck of a half decent car and get a better than expected result. Just not seen that with Bottas

Of the newer drivers I’d put Max (obvs), Perez, LeClerc and Sainz as doing a better job considering their cars

Opinions though innit

I think bottas is under rated due to the inevitable comparisons With Hamilton. 

raw talent then you’ve definitely got the likes of Perez and stroll who could be anything. But I honestly think that whilst the merc is the best car the gulf they create is down to the skill of the two drivers. Verstappen is absolutely exceptional and that’s how he’s in and about them. Albon is a great driver in the same bracket as Perez et al but the amount extra that max drags out the same car as albon is unreal. Same as Hamilton and bottas. But seriously bottas is an exceptional driver. But like you say , and you know me well enough, it is all about opinions pal and what makes this place tick 👍🏼

26 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I think bottas is under rated due to the inevitable comparisons With Hamilton. 

raw talent then you’ve definitely got the likes of Perez and stroll who could be anything. But I honestly think that whilst the merc is the best car the gulf they create is down to the skill of the two drivers. Verstappen is absolutely exceptional and that’s how he’s in and about them. Albon is a great driver in the same bracket as Perez et al but the amount extra that max drags out the same car as albon is unreal. Same as Hamilton and bottas. But seriously bottas is an exceptional driver. But like you say , and you know me well enough, it is all about opinions pal and what makes this place tick 👍🏼

Think we are up in Edinburgh weekend of the 19th Sept(?)

Will let you know when it's confirmed

Straightener outside a club shop cos yer an arse or meet you for a few beers one of the nights instead 😂

2 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Think we are up in Edinburgh weekend of the 19th Sept(?)

Will let you know when it's confirmed

Straightener outside a club shop cos yer an arse or meet you for a few beers one of the nights instead 😂

Happy to do both pal. Knock fuck out of you and then say sorry over a pint of tennents 😁

im around that weekend only reason I know is we’re away to St. Andrews for a few days that week with the in laws and back the Friday so definitely sort summat out just let me know when you know 👍🏼

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Happy to do both pal. Knock fuck out of you and then say sorry over a pint of tennents 😁

im around that weekend only reason I know is we’re away to St. Andrews for a few days that week with the in laws and back the Friday so definitely sort summat out just let me know when you know 👍🏼

Will do

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Interesting comment from Hamilton at the end of the race - F1 is too much tyre management and not enough racing at the moment.

Glad Norris picked up decent points again but Russell was unlucky getting hit by a wheel.

Once again all the fun was in the middle of the pack.

If he’s that bothered, he should jump into a Williams next weekend and see how good he really is

• Members
22 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Interesting comment from Hamilton at the end of the race - F1 is too much tyre management and not enough racing at the moment.

Glad Norris picked up decent points again but Russell was unlucky getting hit by a wheel.

Because they’re temperamental. 4-10 is where the good races are at

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

If he’s that bothered, he should jump into a Williams next weekend and see how good he really is

Stop it

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Spider said:

25 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Said it before, of course there's an element of tyre management involved, but at the moment, it seems that the tyres aren't up to the performance of the top cars.