Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

F1 is back

MancWanderer

5 hours ago, MickyD said:

News channel I was watching last night reporting on this (don’t remember the channel) just had to get the “Just had a crap!” reply from LH to his team.

Now I’d already heard they wore a pad so they could piss in their overalls but fuck me, taking a shit must be a last resort rather than “Hold on, we’re nearly there!”

Only saw bits of the highlights yesterday but are you not confusing this with his msg of “I have cramp”. ??
it’s been confusing me all morning since I read your post.

Or is it a joke that’s gone whooshing over my head? There is every chance of that 

• Site Supporter
40 minutes ago, boogs said:

Only saw bits of the highlights yesterday but are you not confusing this with his msg of “I have cramp”. ??

Or is it a joke that’s gone whooshing over my head? There is every chance of that 

Nope, he got cramp in his right calf.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, boogs said:

News programme deffo played upon the Crap bit, not cramp.

1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

Absolutely love this track. Not sure about overtaking? So much has changed since it was last used

Esco’s mate gets pole 😀

Bring on tomorrow

I predict safety cars and therefore tactics will win it

Told you bottas is a top driver. Very underestimated 

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Let’s see if he can start well

Exactly

The times he’s had pole recently have been a waste of time.

Really want him to bag the win tomorrow

Looking forward to it, a proper racetrack.

• Members
Just now, Spider said:

Exactly

The times he’s had pole recently have been a waste of time.

Really want him to bag the win tomorrow

Looking forward to it, a proper racetrack.

Starting well off the line is a skill, Lewis used to struggle but he overcame it.

Looking forward to it 

48 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

What you on about? He was about to come in anyway and should have regained the lead with a regular stop regardless.

A 1 second lead. Assuming pit stop went well. The virtual safety car started as he approached the pit lane ended as he was coming out of it. It benefitted one driver and one driver only. There has never been a virtual safety car so short in the history of virtual safety cars

he would’ve won the race anyway due to damage to bottas car. 

but that was totally unfair on the eeet of the field and biased. That’s “what I’m on about” 

3 hours ago, Escobarp said:

A 1 second lead. Assuming pit stop went well. The virtual safety car started as he approached the pit lane ended as he was coming out of it. It benefitted one driver and one driver only. There has never been a virtual safety car so short in the history of virtual safety cars

he would’ve won the race anyway due to damage to bottas car. 

but that was totally unfair on the eeet of the field and biased. That’s “what I’m on about” 

Let it go mate 😂😂

Race management from Hamilton that...

On a different note I’d love to know what happened to Max? Rear tyre blow out?

2 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Let it go mate 😂😂

Race management from Hamilton that...

On a different note I’d love to know what happened to Max? Rear tyre blow out?

Im a massive Hamilton supporter. I think he’s the best ever as I’ve said. If what happened today happened to anyone else I would’ve said the same thing. It’s outrageous. Minimum should be a full lap that way it evens it out for the field. 

• Members
5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Im a massive Hamilton supporter. I think he’s the best ever as I’ve said. If what happened today happened to anyone else I would’ve said the same thing. It’s outrageous. Minimum should be a full lap that way it evens it out for the field. 

Wasn’t the reason for VSC to minimise racing downtime and restart the race ASAP? 

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Wasn’t the reason for VSC to minimise racing downtime and restart the race ASAP? 

Correct. But nothing actually happened during the VSC. The car wasn’t removed from where it was. The only thing that happened was Hamilton pitted and then as soon as he was out on the exit from the pit straight they removed it. I was listening to the race on the radio. Didn’t see it but the inquest afterwards was all Centred around they had never seen anything like it before and it shouldn’t have happened     The car came  to rest and they let Hamilton drive half way around a lap at full pelt. Soon as he got towards the pit entry it came on. He pitted exited and on exit lane they turned it off. The car still sat there. 

• Moderators
Just now, Escobarp said:

He would have won the race anyway. Doesn’t change what happened should not have happened. Simple as that you cannot do something in a race as race director or steward that gives an advantage to one driver which is what happened. 

The full safety later on was absolutely the wrong time for hamilton

Coule of seconds later wouldve been the call if owt untoward was going on