Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Iles just tweeted.

Mounts Kipper

I dont get the Iles digs.  Seems like a decent journalist to me, working with scraps in terms of any news to report much of the time.  If he's not all over rumours and chat on Twitter its like he's no longer a serious journalist.  Some of his analysis and balanced, informed opinion in the BN is good stuff, we arent reading the Times or the Guardian.  Its a 2 bob local paper (on its arse with its days numbered,) are we expecting Brian Glanville or Ian Wooldridge to be writing for the BN?

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I dont get the Iles digs.  Seems like a decent journalist to me, working with scraps in terms of any news to report much of the time.  If he's not all over rumours and chat on Twitter its like he's no longer a serious journalist.  Some of his analysis and balanced, informed opinion in the BN is good stuff, we arent reading the Times or the Guardian.  Its a 2 bob local paper (on its arse with its days numbered,) are we expecting Brian Glanville or Ian Wooldridge to be writing for the BN?

A decent journalist?

why is he feeding off scraps? Club doesn’t have much to hide under this regime but they tell him nothing. 

and re Twitter. He’s forever on twitter engaging with the conspiracy  theory nuts and making nameless references to fat Nixon’s rumors without directly quoting them. But we all know that’s where they come from. 

he’s a two bit journalist but I will agree he’s working for a two bit paper so the two go hand in hand 

• Members
8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

He’s got to be, out of any journalist associated with Any club, kept in the dark more than any other. I don’t know if it’s incompetency that they are scared to give him a story in case he runs off in the wrong direction with it or if he’s just pissed off too many folk since he’s been here that the first thing anyone through the doors says is don’t speak to Iles. 

Yeah I know a few Journos at work and they’ve gained the trust and got an exclusive because haven’t burned any bridges 

Iles exclusives come off social media two days later 

• Members
6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Lovely and well put, unfortunately the Twitter idiots hang off his Lonsdale ball bag.

A lot of managers at new clubs test local journos with iffy exclusives but tell them to keep it quiet. The ones who don’t keep it quiet get binned the ones that do then can be trusted.

Iles strikes me as Kenny Snr from Phoenix nights

• Members
9 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

BWFC are bottom of Div 3 because it's been run into the ground by a pair of idiots and a cunt and now it doesn't have a pot to piss in.

There are no exciting stories for journalists to be breaking.

He couldn’t break an egg in a chicken factory 

My opinion is if he says something juicy and ground breaking on Twitter with 2 sentences, he's "IKN", got his ear to the ground, knows his stuff, top bloke.  If he writes a 1000 word critique on the pro's and con's of the Parkinson era or the financial situation it counts for bugger all coz nobody can be arsed reading it.

I'd love to know what quality, incisive journalism is happening at the local papers of the other 91 teams.  Try reading the MEN.