Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

Just now, DazBob said:

Do you think players taking a knee before kick off is to solely show support to a political movement?

I don't.

No, not at all, I’m sure plenty will share many of those extreme views though 

Do you think people booing it are solely doing so because they believe black lives don’t matter? 

4 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

No, not at all, I’m sure plenty will share many of those extreme views though 

Do you think people booing it are solely doing so because they believe black lives don’t matter? 

I think they're the sort of morons who have been saying "Yeah, but white lives matter too..." from the very start of all of this.

Just now, DazBob said:

I think they're the sort of morons who have been saying "Yeah, but white lives matter too..." from the very start of all of this.

I should imagine that group of ‘morons’ would certainly fall within the booing group 

Likewise I think the morons who went round vandalising our cities, defacing cenotaphs and pulling down statues would also share your opinion of the booing yesterday. Does that make you a moron as you share the same opinion, does it fuck 

Millions of people will have been sat at home, as equally disgusted as I am about the BLM protests in the summer. If they choose to voice their disapproval at BLM protests peacefully, then it should be well within their rights to do so  

1 minute ago, DazBob said:

Those who defaced monuments deserve to be booed.

If you, or anyone else, want to boo players making a stance against racism then you crack on. Because that's what you're doing.

It’s not unreasonable to link BLM protests in the summer with BLM protests at a football match now, far from it, they are protesting for exactly the same cause 

• Members
Just now, Mr Grey said:

Sorry fella it's got this way, but it does go to prove a point, the BLM point has now gone off point.

Pointless.

The FA and PL should have done their research before they slapped BLM over every shirt. The BLM group is an awful association and not a true representation of getting equality and support for racist issues. 

The real issue has been clouded over and ironically caused more diversion. 
It’s kind of sad and upsetting that this is even an issue in this day in age we are even discussing it.

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

The FA and PL should have done their research before they slapped BLM over every shirt. The BLM group is an awful association and not a true representation of getting equality and support for racist issues. 

The real issue has been clouded over and ironically caused more diversion. 
It’s kind of sad and upsetting that this is even an issue in this day in age we are even discussing it.

Agreed (so no booo). 

My view is their intention was to support only the slogan, which is why they've now dropped it changed it to No Room For Racism.

Shame so many can't see past that.

5 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Agreed (so no booo). 

My view is their intention was to support only the slogan, which is why they've now dropped it changed it to No Room For Racism.

Shame so many can't see past that.

Nobody I don’t think has an issue with the no room for racism message. 

unfortunately taking the knee is to most folk now simply associated with the BLM movement. They should stop taking the knee and do something new I’m sure you would then find very very few people having any issue. And if they did then folk are right to raise an eyebrow at those folk. IMO of course 

1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

If the cause was kick it out I very much doubt you would see any booing 

I’m sure the crowd would still have people in it tgat don’t agree with kick it out, but they would be in such a minority that they wouldn’t lodge a verbal protest 

We have had plenty kick it out campaigns previously that have been very well observed 

Had the BLM protests in the summer not upset so many with the vandalism and violence then perhaps that cause would have been given the same respect that kick it out has had previously

Unfortunately we will never know will we 

Kick It Out have had the odd slogan on a t-shirt... nothing like kneeling at every game for six months.

People just don't want to hear black people 'moaning' on about racism. That's the long and short of it. Not that they think Derby County's full-back is a marxist.

The vast majority will be just like Mr Grey - under a false perception that someone kneeling for 10s before a game is in some way imposing on their life. Snowflakes, basically.

• Members
5 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

It’s a forum always going to be different views/opinions 

Yeah I get that and it’s one of the things I enjoy about on here. Being black and working in sport this topic is a little hard to read at times. 

9 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

unfortunately taking the knee is to most folk now simply associated with the BLM movement. They should stop taking the knee and do something new I’m sure you would then find very very few people having any issue. And if they did then folk are right to raise an eyebrow at those folk. IMO of course 

That'd be interesting to see. I'm guessing those booing at the moment may still not be too happy

Just now, mickbrown said:

That'd be interesting to see. I'm guessing those booing at the moment may still not be too happy

That’s a sweeping statement to make mick. But I think if they did change the action to something else then where would these people who continue to boo have to hide then? Just an idea. 
I think to stop doing anything at all, when it clearly matters to so many of the players would be sending out the wrong message also. So find something else. Something that’s less affiliated to politics. 

17 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

No booo from me on this. Completely agree.