Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

7.5 months

Biggish Dave

• Members

I count my blessings that I was still able to work to a degree 

The stress and worry hasn’t been too bad but I can imagine why it would be for some.

Keep going Dave we’ll have a beer when this all simmers down and we’re top of the league 

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Yep. There’s a bloke lives near me. I’d never seen him before but he walks past our house every day. Same time. Him and his Mrs. Drags one of his legs like he’s got a problem with his hip. Every single day. The odd time that I’ve been out front of the house he cheerily shouts hello and powers on

Similarly, the very old brown lady who shuffles past every day in her bright blue sari type dress with a cheery wave

This last two weeks I’ve not been able to sit down in chair for more than 30 minutes max, so whenever I’ve had the chance I’ve done the 10 minute “walk around the block” 

Very therapeutic mate. And I’m seeing more folk doing it

Definitely. Part of lockdown is the relative lack of human contact. Charging around at high velocity running or cycling removes the opportunity for that contact.

Sure, we need the exercise, but those brief few words to a different face, a smile etc, repeated a few times over the day, can be really helpful. 

Easier if you can take a dog with you- great ice breaker- but companionship is very important to health.

I’ve been so lucky I’ve just been able to crack on and in all honesty apart from the drop in weekly income, my wife loved every minute of it :D...it’s affected folk differently, and in my job I’ve seen every variance of this. Some families were on the edge before easing. Other couples have bit the dust already. 

Kids are taking a massive hit mentally and some will struggle going back after all this time. My mates kid is really struggling at the minute, normally an outgoing footy mad kid. Now he’s panicking whenever his mum leaves the room. All serpation anxiety bought on my this bollocks.

If there’s ever a man that should not be kept from sporting events and a few scoops it’s biggish Dave. Must be twatting your head pal. 

Get yourself over to the seaside for a couple of scoops. Poulton or summet then jump back on train. I’m sure trafski would be up for that from your end. 

14 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Any had a shittier 7.5 months than these in 2020?

im fookin glad I have no kids and have been too over weight all my life to live until im 90. What a shit time.

Im so pissed off id give anything to watch onions and his football again

had a shit 2 years in Germany 

2020 as not been to bad so far for me 

11 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Yep. There’s a bloke lives near me. I’d never seen him before but he walks past our house every day. Same time. Him and his Mrs. Drags one of his legs like he’s got a problem with his hip. Every single day. The odd time that I’ve been out front of the house he cheerily shouts hello and powers on

Similarly, the very old brown lady who shuffles past every day in her bright blue sari type dress with a cheery wave

This last two weeks I’ve not been able to sit down in chair for more than 30 minutes max, so whenever I’ve had the chance I’ve done the 10 minute “walk around the block” 

Very therapeutic mate. And I’m seeing more folk doing it

Old Brown Lady 

MAG from Benidorm