Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid 19 - Just out of interest

Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
On 28/11/2020 at 17:41, desperado said:

Me and the middle-one tested positive today. He came home from school yesterday saying he couldn’t taste, so took him for a test. Thought I’d jump on as an extra, not expecting to be positive, only felt under the weather this week, no energy, not able to run properly, but didn’t really think it would be Covid. Anyway both positive. Bigger concern is keeping it away from missus who is in the clinically extremely vulnerable category, no spleen, no pancreas, had a liver and stomach resection after tumours 10/15 years ago. 

At least the whites won today to lift the mood 😊

Well that has been a difficult few weeks since I last posted about this. Other 2 kids tested positive 2 days after this post, then missus positive 2 days later.

She developed Covid Pneumonia, became really poorly with it, the GP was brilliant, Bolton Royal weren’t being very cooperative, so they got her over to Machester Royal. They have been equally fantastic got her on the right meds and on her way to recovery. She’s now home, with a long way to go, but importantly moving in the right direction to recovery. 

Kids were mild symptoms, I was moderate (cough/flu/taste/knackered) still not right, although the stress of the seriousness with the missus and keeping the 3 kids in normal routines is probably as big a factor.

Keep safe and healthy out there folks, it is a bastard which can cause untold damage.

21 minutes ago, desperado said:

Well that has been a difficult few weeks since I last posted about this. Other 2 kids tested positive 2 days after this post, then missus positive 2 days later.

She developed Covid Pneumonia, became really poorly with it, the GP was brilliant, Bolton Royal weren’t being very cooperative, so they got her over to Machester Royal. They have been equally fantastic got her on the right meds and on her way to recovery. She’s now home, with a long way to go, but importantly moving in the right direction to recovery. 

Kids were mild symptoms, I was moderate (cough/flu/taste/knackered) still not right, although the stress of the seriousness with the missus and keeping the 3 kids in normal routines is probably as big a factor.

Keep safe and healthy out there folks, it is a bastard which can cause untold damage.

Glad things are improving - hope you all manage to have a decent Christmas

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, desperado said:

Best wishes to you all, pal.