Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Grimsby Away

RUREADY2ROLL

41 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

I agree on not making major changes Cambridge and in fairness we don’t really have many options where we need change anyway. If Sarcevic was fit he’d certainly make a better No10 than Lee, who personally I feel is better in midfield next to Williams, who looks steadier with him there but that would mean leaving George out and he’s been our best performer. It’s up front and wide we’re struggling and have all season to be fair. Whatever we do we have to start scoring so with Doyle struggling, maybe we need to either play Miller instead, or play them both leaving Dapo out because he’s been poor recently. Declan John was signed as a wing back so maybe he could do the left side work.

if we’re absolutely honest, we’ve struggled for goals all season and have got where we are with some quite fortunate results but then so I suppose have others throughout a full season. We’ve got four games left and after yesterday we need to win at least three and to do that we have to score so we need to put all our preparation into that, including set pieces from which were awful. We’re a work in progress, we must remember that and I’m sure IE knows better than any of us where our weaknesses are but we can’t do much about it until the summer, so we have to find a way to do it with what we’ve got. Over to IE!!

Whilst I agree with quite a bit of that, it's not actually definite that we need to win 3 of the last 4. We just need as many or slightly fewer points as those below us. Not getting beat against Morecambe is a requirement, though.

• Site Supporter

Just checked the table

We appear to be in an automatic promotion spot with four games left.

Therefore, not only is @hughmungus a massive cunt, he’s wrong as fuck as well.

Our defeat will have made his day until City got beat, which he won’t have enjoyed one bit.

Man City had 11 shots yesterday and didn’t score. 

16 minutes ago, Traf said:

Whilst I agree with quite a bit of that, it's not actually definite that we need to win 3 of the last 4. We just need as many or slightly fewer points as those below us. Not getting beat against Morecambe is a requirement, though.

Agree with that Traf but I’d just like not to be sweating over it on the final day again. 🙂

Got to give Grimsby credit for their game plan yesterday, they gave us no time whatsoever and never stopped closing us down for 96mins. Evatt likes us to dictate the pace of games, but Grimsby refused to let us. Quite impressed with the big lad up front for them, Santos was never comfortable with him.

Think we must play sarcevic against morecambe even if he isn’t 100% fit, the nature of the injury suggests we may only get one game or less before it goes again . His energy and the lift it would give the rest of the squad for what could be a must win game ( definitely not lose ) could be the difference. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

Think we must play sarcevic against morecambe even if he isn’t 100% fit, the nature of the injury suggests we may only get one game or less before it goes again . His energy and the lift it would give the rest of the squad for what could be a must win game ( definitely not lose ) could be the difference. 

You’re bonkers. 

9 minutes ago, onefinfrandsen said:

Maybe, obviously we don’t know the seriousness of his injury but if there’s a chance of getting him out there then a 60% fit captain who has a goal in him has to play.

No chance would the club, the manager, the doctors or the player risk that, if he is close he will be on the bench and get 10 minutes at the end to start picking up match fitness.

1 hour ago, onefinfrandsen said:

The counter argument is that it could sap the team if he started, but only lasted 10 minutes.

Play him when he's fit enough to play.

Disappointment made worse by the fact that we had a chance to go above Cheltenham, think everyone was on cloud 9 after the Friday night result went our way and thought we'd be 1st or 2nd after Grimsby, so to have lost ground feels proper shit but that's football.

Evatt's tasked with turning the players' frustration and disappointment into motivation now. Tuesday night just became a hell of a lot bigger but I believe.

Edited by Mantra

Their stadium is as decrepit as you will see in the FL.

Never realised its virtually on the sea-front and I’ve been around half a dozen times.

One dodgy shit-hole though immediately around the ground with young lads scoring everywhere.

That said, got the feeling that Covid is behind us and Cleethorpes beach and the outside bars were very busy with lots of joviality.

Glad we went.