Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

European Super League

4 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Dealt with him and his dad alot when I worked in business travel. Pair of Bell ends 

Dad was a Nonce wasn’t he?

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salford Vain Hire - drive summat for a bit at a cost, and then drop it back and forget about it

I hate them with an absolute passion 

I recall fans saying the proposed "super league" wasn't going to happen but it did and became the Premier League.

They will forget their local fanbases, this is about global betting and tv rights, Liverpool v Barca will be played at the White Sox stadium and so on.

It'll be good for the remaining clubs, I have a friend who has late in life abandoned Liverpool and now watches his local league club because he can't get hold of overpriced tickets

6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Nah I doubt it, a competion without relegation, invite only and will probably play games in Abu Dhabi and America, be like training games.

Wonder what their own grounds might be used for?

Just now, Dimron said:

I recall fans saying the proposed "super league" wasn't going to happen but it did and became the Premier League.

They will forget their local fanbases, this is about global betting and tv rights, Liverpool v Barca will be played at the White Sox stadium and so on.

It'll be good for the remaining clubs, I have a friend who has late in life abandoned Liverpool and now watches his local league club because he can't get hold of overpriced tickets

Well not really, the old money division one didn’t break away and start a new league and select certain clubs, Arsenal haven’t been in the CL for 5 years, never won the CL haven’t won the PL in nearly 20 years, but now think they can just go into an ‘elite’ league?

There isn’t a big 6 in the PL, that’s utter nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Well not really, the old money division one didn’t break away and start a new league and select certain clubs, Arsenal haven’t been in the CL for 5 years, never won the CL haven’t won the PL in nearly 20 years, but now think they can just go into an ‘elite’ league?

There isn’t a big 6 in the PL, that’s utter nonsense. 

If there isn't a big 6 in the PL than maybe Blackburn should be included as they won the first PL title.

All about the big city football club businesses divvying up with the on line bookies, you can't stop it

Edited by Dimron
1 minute ago, Dimron said:

If there isn't a big 6 in the PL than maybe Blackburn should be included as they won the first PL title.

All about the big city football club businesses divvying up with the on line bookies, you can't stop it

Well, Stoke should be there, then

4 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Spurs arent

Arsenal are a shambles of a club

United haven’t won the league in 10 years but are still arguably the biggest club in the world

Liverpool Chelsea and City have dominated The last decade but imagine going to a league without real competition 

8 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Blackburn should be included as they won the first PL title.

They didn't, it was the third or fourth one wasn't it?

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Spurs arent

United haven’t won the league in 10 years but are still arguably the biggest club in the world

Liverpool Chelsea and City have dominated The last decade but imagine going to a league without real competition 

Liverpool were a top team for 2 seasons

20 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Surprised Rangers and Celtic haven’t been mentioned.

After what Rangers have been through the last 10 years, would they even think about it ?

7 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Spurs arent

Okay I got that bit wrong (again my perception of history can be lacking) but my point is that it isn't about performances but the big business owners carving things up on the basis of money and fanbase. Who could possibly imagine we are going to have a world cup in the middle of the Arabian desert in air conditioned bubbles? If that can happen, anything can and the timing of this announcement makes me suspicious.

It's all about the Chinese betting market

3 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Okay I got that bit wrong (again my perception of history can be lacking) but my point is that it isn't about performances but the big business owners carving things up on the basis of money and fanbase. Who could possibly imagine we are going to have a world cup in the middle of the Arabian desert in air conditioned bubbles? If that can happen, anything can and the timing of this announcement makes me suspicious.

It's all about the Chinese betting market

Oh I completely see what you mean I just think there’s a level of arrogance for some of these teams to jump ship to a so called super league when they can’t even compete in this league