Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

EU really have lost the plot

Mounts Kipper

British imperialism' | Britain has hit back at a European Union plan to heavily reduce the "disproportionate" amount of British television and film shown in Europe. The European Commission has been asked to study the risk of British "cultural imperialism", in a possible first step towards tough rules banning UK shows from screens. British dominance owing to shows such as The Crown and Downton Abbey was described as a threat to Europe's "cultural diversity" in a leaked EU document.

• Site Supporter

This post was brought to you in association with the year 1989, when things like Netflix and access to absolutely everything via the internet didn’t exist.

As clutching at straws goes, this is truly magnificent.

Hows that border in the Irish Sea doing?

1 hour ago, Spider said:

This post was brought to you in association with the year 1989, when things like Netflix and access to absolutely everything via the internet didn’t exist.

As clutching at straws goes, this is truly magnificent.

Hows that border in the Irish Sea doing?

I’m navigating the border relatively easily. Thx for asking. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m navigating the border relatively easily. Thx for asking. 

So there is one then?

weird, you said there wouldn’t be.

And if you’re having an easy time, I’d love you to tell a few friends of mine how you’re doing it.

8 minutes ago, Spider said:

So there is one then?

weird, you said there wouldn’t be.

And if you’re having an easy time, I’d love you to tell a few friends of mine how you’re doing it.

There’s no hard border on the island of Ireland, that’s exactly what I said. 

Our customers now buy ex works, for a small discount as we use to pay freight. The customers in Eire still buying but now it’s double whammy  as we pay duty in UK for imported goods and they have to pay duty again when it lands in Ireland. Perhaps they should leave the EU, and join their real friends outside of the EU, that would be my advise. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Guest Nordkurve
2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

British imperialism' | Britain has hit back at a European Union plan to heavily reduce the "disproportionate" amount of British television and film shown in Europe. The European Commission has been asked to study the risk of British "cultural imperialism", in a possible first step towards tough rules banning UK shows from screens. British dominance owing to shows such as The Crown and Downton Abbey was described as a threat to Europe's "cultural diversity" in a leaked EU document.

Where is this quote from ? If its the Mail, Express, Sun, Times or Farage it's likely made up or they missed out the words "could" and "possibly" somewhere. Besides which, as Spider stated, everything is available on line. There is no way they can stop people watching it. Just like I can watch Sky Sports UK in Germany even though I can't watch Sky Sports UK in Germany according to Sky. 

22 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

Where is this quote from ? If its the Mail, Express, Sun, Times or Farage it's likely made up or they missed out the words "could" and "possibly" somewhere. Besides which, as Spider stated, everything is available on line. There is no way they can stop people watching it. Just like I can watch Sky Sports UK in Germany even though I can't watch Sky Sports UK in Germany according to Sky. 

It was more about what sort of thought process are the EU employing, seems completely bonkers to me. 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It was more about what sort of thought process are the EU employing, seems completely bonkers to me. 

Our leaders are currently telling us that we should isolate even if we’ve been vaccined.

We have much bigger problems closer to home than a quote from some local newspaper in Luxembourg.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Nordkurve said:

You say there’s no way but try telling that to the kids in China and most of mid-Asia. There is a way.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Does this mean less Fools and Horses in the Red Lions of Benidorm?

They’ll be banning proper English lager next, like Fosters and Stella, the filthy undemocratic smelly European cunts.

At this rate, big fat angry English blokes will be taking their business elsewhere. Though I doubt it.

2 hours ago, Nordkurve said:

Something similar made the front page of the Garrudian this morning so even the lefties are up in arms 

• Site Supporter

The article appears to be from the telegraph. 

I wouldn't read too much into it, other than if true, it's another confirmation of the UK doing the right thing.

Up until 6 months or so ago, we were a part of the EU, and yet now a threat to European diversity. Tremendous. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You might be.

More than happy here personally. In fact it could be fun watching Engalnd whilst in Wales.

I’m not.

Happy here in paradise this year.

Wales are coming home Saturday night.

• Members
5 minutes ago, Spider said:

And yet we’re all desperate to go and spend a fortune to be amongst them.

Find me a Wetherspoons that is showing only fools and horses and I’ll stay here in Blighty 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Rudy said:

Find me a Wetherspoons that is showing only fools and horses and I’ll stay here in Blighty 

Take some patio furniture with you and you have the perfect day out