Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

GB News

kent_white

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, royal white said:

Odd how the top posters on this topic all claim not to watch it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Would you eat a dogshit sandwich just to prove to yourself that it tastes very very bad?

Or have you assessed the evidence and concluded that without having to take a bite?

24 minutes ago, royal white said:

I'll see it for about 5 minutes today, like I do every Friday. The landlady/steward at our club always has it on, until she's forced to turn it off in favour of one of the sports channels.

I agree it's not as hideous as some would have you believe, but to suggest they offer any more of a balanced view than the BBC or SKY is just ridiculous. It's certainly "skewed" very heavily to the right.

33 minutes ago, royal white said:

As I've said I watch it when I go home to visit the parents as they have it on.

I'd be a bit of a prick if I just stormed in and told them to change the channel in their own house because I didn't want to watch it.

Just them same as I don't switch the radio to Radio 4 when their having their Tea time singalong to Boom FM.

• Members
15 hours ago, Sweep said:

I'll see it for about 5 minutes today, like I do every Friday. The landlady/steward at our club always has it on, until she's forced to turn it off in favour of one of the sports channels.

I agree it's not as hideous as some would have you believe, but to suggest they offer any more of a balanced view than the BBC or SKY is just ridiculous. It's certainly "skewed" very heavily to the right.

So this conclusion is reached from watching 5 minutes of it every Friday? FFS.

I watch much more than that and I can assure you that they have many what could be termed 'opponents' on and let them have their say. BBC and ITV do not do this. The latter are too 'woke' but you keep your head in the sand. Life is easier for some when they adopt this policy.

10 hours ago, bolty58 said:

I watch much more than that and I can assure you that they have many what could be termed 'opponents' on and let them have their say. BBC and ITV do not do this. The latter are too 'woke' but you keep your head in the sand. Life is easier for some when they adopt this policy.

I'm not keeping my head in the sand at all. For what it's worth, I don't really watch any news channels. I tend to watch the News at Ten, and that's about it. 

Anyway, it was on again last night for about ten minutes. That Michelle Dewberry was on, and she is a decent enough looking woman, so maybe it's not all bad. They were advertising that Laurence Fox was on later in the evening, I think, now he is a fucking absolute mentalist 🙂

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, bolty58 said:

You’re saying the BBC only have Labour MP’s and supporters on?

Just for clarity, like.

• Members
14 hours ago, Sweep said:

I'm not keeping my head in the sand at all. For what it's worth, I don't really watch any news channels. I tend to watch the News at Ten, and that's about it. 

Anyway, it was on again last night for about ten minutes. That Michelle Dewberry was on, and she is a decent enough looking woman, so maybe it's not all bad. They were advertising that Laurence Fox was on later in the evening, I think, now he is a fucking absolute mentalist 🙂

Yes, I have to agree on that part sir. I should put this in the TV thread but did you ever see "Islands At War" Cracking WW2 drama set in the Channel Islands. I have a recollection that it was only screened in the US and not the UK which baffles me as we found it excellent.

Anyway, I mention this because I am pretty sure that Laurence Fox played (wait for it) a Nazi soldier!

17 hours ago, kent_white said:

GB News. Primetime! 🤣

Noticed they were about to discuss climate change after the palaver. This video sums up the sheer stupidity of GB news for me.

After they begin with a mutual sniggering fest directed at the Guardian, the host ends up attempting to discredit an expert, saying stuff like 'well they got Covid wrong' , 'what if it's not even CO2', 'the earth will balance everything out for us all'. It all sounds like it's plucked straight from the flat earth society twitter feed. 

Fair play to the guy for sticking with it. The worst bit is at the end where she's like we'll never agree and he points out that it's not really about agreeing or disagreeing, these are the facts of the situation we are faced with.

It's conspiracy nonsense attempting to be mainstream news. 

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

Noticed they were about to discuss climate change after the palaver. This video sums up the sheer stupidity of GB news for me.

After they begin with a mutual sniggering fest directed at the Guardian, the host ends up attempting to discredit an expert, saying stuff like 'well they got Covid wrong' , 'what if it's not even CO2', 'the earth will balance everything out for us all'. It all sounds like it's plucked straight from the flat earth society twitter feed. 

Fair play to the guy for sticking with it. The worst bit is at the end where she's like we'll never agree and he points out that it's not really about agreeing or disagreeing, these are the facts of the situation we are faced with.

It's conspiracy nonsense attempting to be mainstream news. 

* Presenter - I'd like to welcome Senior Lecturer in Sustainable Construction and Climate Change from Sheffield Hallam University John Grant. 

* Presenter - John, is studying the climate even possible? I mean like studying someone's mood when you can't predict what they're going to do?

* Presemter - John, is cutting CO2 emissions not just like going on a detox for your body and then finding out it's actually bad for you? 

* John - refutes all arguments and then backs it up with science

* Presenter - let's agree to disagree

GB News there ladies and gentlemen! 🤣

46 minutes ago, kent_white said:

* Presenter - I'd like to welcome Senior Lecturer in Sustainable Construction and Climate Change from Sheffield Hallam University John Grant. 

* Presenter - John, is studying the climate even possible? I mean like studying someone's mood when you can't predict what they're going to do?

* Presemter - John, is cutting CO2 emissions not just like going on a detox for your body and then finding out it's actually bad for you? 

😂

You couldn’t make it up. 

• Site Supporter
53 minutes ago, kent_white said:

“You can’t grow concrete on trees”

Angry right wing presenter : “yes you can”

You don’t get insightful analysis like that on the BBC, the leftie woke bastards

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Spider said:

“You can’t grow concrete on trees”

Angry right wing presenter : “yes you can”

You don’t get insightful analysis like that on the BBC, the leftie woke bastards

Tbf, that was graham and hes on talk tv

2 cheeks of the same arse, though