Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

F1 2022

Winchester White

• Members
Just now, Winchester White said:

Have you seen the weather? It is absolutely pissing it down so 1st practice is unlikely to happen so might be straight to quali later.

Even better. Let’s see what this Ferrari is made of 

• Members
18 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just had a read, and Mercedes chose not to go back out in the pissing rain.

We're they unlucky with the accident as it caused a delay which meant the rain was much heavier later?

Or were they struggling anyway?

Oh they were/are struggling alright 

29 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Need to crack these issues quickly. 

There was a good article/interview with Toto about it 

they’ve a lot of upgrades ready to go which will improve the car but if they can’t resolve the porpoising (bouncing) first it may just make that worse And then they can’t measure the success of the upgrades. They will come on very strong at some point. When that is who knows. 
can’t see past Ferrari for the title. Leclerc will have too big a lead before the others catch up with their cars imo. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

There was a good article/interview with Toto about it 

they’ve a lot of upgrades ready to go which will improve the car but if they can’t resolve the porpoising (bouncing) first it may just make that worse And then they can’t measure the success of the upgrades. They will come on very strong at some point. When that is who knows. 
can’t see past Ferrari for the title. Leclerc will have too big a lead before the others catch up with their cars imo. 

I know they get a squillion quid a race, and it’s not like they have to choose between food and hot water when they get home

But

Watching them get absolutely fucking twatted all over the shop whilst risking hitting a wall at 200mph makes you realise how hard this game is 

Split second decision making for hours on end.

Its not for everyone but there’s no doubt these lads earn their corn

• Site Supporter

That Merc is wank. It is all over the shop on any straight.

All the others bounce too but nowhere near the merc. They have a fundamental issue with wind tunnel vs real air aero.

Hope they fix it soon as I would like to see more teams battling.  I still can't see past Ferrari this season though.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

All the others bounce too but nowhere near the merc. They have a fundamental issue with wind tunnel vs real air aero.

Hope they fix it soon as I would like to see more teams battling.  I still can't see past Ferrari this season though.

Rosberg is fucking loving it

That Merc is seriously shit. No surprise to see Lewis having a pop at Toto yesterday

Max winning the sprint livens things up a bit pulling the leaders back together 

Be interesting to see if Red Bull can last a full race though

Good to see Bottas showing that he’s a very, very good driver in a pretty average car. He should have left Merc a few years earlier. If he had done he could have been in a competitive car now I reckon 

• Members
On 22/04/2022 at 20:46, Winchester White said:

Did you see Schumacher? Like he was on a space hopper 

That was a load of shite. Far too long to enable DRS and to be honest a bit of a shit track. New regs are good allowing closer racing but if the track offers little opportunity it’s just dull

Happy for Lando though and Bottas showing how good a driver he is

Merc look tucking awful. Russell took his opportunity well but Lewis utterly fucked by circumstances 

Horner can just go fuck himself. Hopefully Ferrari take full advantage this year but I wouldn’t bet on LeClerc. Can see Max doing it again this year

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Strange given they are part of same group for them both to enter 

Thought that myself, and wondered if it meant as a joint venture type of thing but the report went on to say Porsche plans were more developed than Audi's. 

You would think it would be a stronger team as a whole. 

7 minutes ago, boogs said:

Thought that myself, and wondered if it meant as a joint venture type of thing but the report went on to say Porsche plans were more developed than Audi's. 

You would think it would be a stronger team as a whole. 

Suppose end of the day it’s about advertisement for them but some serious expenditure that’s for sure. Defo be interesting to see what they come up with. Also interested to see where they get there staff from as in the design teams, engineers etc.