Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

F1 2022

Winchester White

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He's that good that you can't support him?

Don't get that.

He's one of ours, so it's not like supporting a different football club because they win a lot.

Just edited. Missed out the but from "can't help but support him" 

Don't drink and type, I've noticed a few grammatical issues after you prompted me to re-read it. Can't be arsed sorting them though 😁

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, boogs said:

Just edited. Missed out the but from "can't help but support him" 

Don't drink and type, I've noticed a few grammatical issues after you prompted me to re-read it. Can't be arsed sorting them though 😁

Haha, fair point.

A worthwhile weekend for a drink!

• Site Supporter

Hamilton is the greatest. And he’s British. He has a very unbritish arrogance which means he isn’t universally popular but that’s for other folk to wrestle with.

I’m going to Silverstone this year and will be waving my Union Jack as he zips past.

most drivers are popular to be fair. Alonso has huge support and may be a surprise package in the Alpine this year.

The one thing that can be a bit of a drag is the coverage at times. Sky pay a lot for the F1, and they certainly get their pound of flesh. Nothing is left unfilmed, or discussed, or dissected into atomic detail.

And the cars are really shiny.

• Site Supporter

Funny, as I don't see him as being an arrogant character. He's confident in his own ability, but he's respectful and complimentary to other drivers that do well.

He can be a bit aloof perhaps away from the track, but he just lives his life his way. Which is fair enough- he's earned it.

Oh, and Kent is only exhibiting interest as he's been seduced by the dark side- he should have been following formula e. :)

On 06/03/2022 at 17:53, Spider said:

@kent_white

if you’ve got sky sports, there’s a good documentary on sky sports 1 tonight called Duel. It’s about last season and I think will get you very interested…

That was really good and probably way more reflective of what actually happened than when Drive To Survive airs

Plenty of knowledgeable folk with an opinion

The more you look at Masi’s decision in that last race….

I see Mazepin's dad has demanded immediate reimbursement of money he has already given Haas upfront for this season.

Haas could well be fooked if he can demand it straight back or tie then up in court. Suppose they will have already spent a large chunk of it. 

• Members
16 minutes ago, boogs said:

I see Mazepin's dad has demanded immediate reimbursement of money he has already given Haas upfront for this season.

Haas could well be fooked if he can demand it straight back or tie then up in court. Suppose they will have already spent a large chunk of it. 

Him and his son can both get fucked.

If Horner is already moaning about the W13 design he can get fucked as well

• Members
Just now, MancWanderer said:

3 episodes in to Drive to Survive and I didn’t think that I could despise Horner more than I do……

I’ve been saying it for years. He’s a whiny little cunt. 

32 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Every year this bollocks. It’s like every summer when Gerrard said Liverpool were going to win the league when he was playing. 

Or the Express forecasting the worst winter on record.

Right ladies. Love the F1 season as a distraction from everything else. If you don’t like F1 then find one of youri’s interminable threads to have a moan about. If you do like it then thoughts for this year?

Mine are….

Lewis will win but will have a slow start. Best car by a mile but they have issues with it 

Russell will be a pain in the arse. He’s no Bottas. Fuck Lewis if I’ve got track position I’m keeping it

Lando will win a couple 

Ferrari will be quick. Really quick occasionally. But that will be it 

Midfield battle won by McLaren

Haas to withdraw

Gasly to outscore Checo and take his seat next year

Max to do something really stupid. Life-threatening so, and Horner to show he’s an even bigger cunt than everyone thinks that he is

Lights out. Here we go…..

Mine are it's shite. Lewis Hamilton nobbed Nicole Scherzinger - did he bollocks he's obviously on the other side. I'd rather watch American Football which is also shite, but at least they use their bodies rather than a load of engineers - they don't even get decapitated or burnt up anymore.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members
8 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Right ladies. Love the F1 season as a distraction from everything else. If you don’t like F1 then find one of youri’s interminable threads to have a moan about. If you do like it then thoughts for this year?

Mine are….

Lewis will win but will have a slow start. Best car by a mile but they have issues with it 

Russell will be a pain in the arse. He’s no Bottas. Fuck Lewis if I’ve got track position I’m keeping it

Lando will win a couple 

Ferrari will be quick. Really quick occasionally. But that will be it 

Midfield battle won by McLaren

Haas to withdraw

Gasly to outscore Checo and take his seat next year

Max to do something really stupid. Life-threatening so, and Horner to show he’s an even bigger cunt than everyone thinks that he is

Lights out. Here we go…..

I’ll go with that. Merc need to sort those brakes out. Lewis is a brakes man.

8 hours ago, Spider said:

Alpine. Dark horses

Need sort those side pods out first 

• Members
10 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Pretty much agree.

George isn't there as a no 2 though so if he is winning he rightly wins. If it ends up as tight as last season he will do a better job than Bottas did IMO.

Bottas isn’t a good enough defender to be a championship team no.2 Perez was exceptional at points at defending for Max. Not seen enough of George to make a decision on that but like him as a driver.

Lewis’s porpoiseing issue is purely on his brakes which i think they’ll sort overnight 

Qualifying will be interesting. That Ferrari looked fast in the corners