Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

F1 2022

Winchester White

• Members
2 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

The regs have been fairly static for a good few years, just tweaks each season to a standard set.

This year is the biggest change from previous since I can remember, a completely different way of gaining downforce through the floor rather than wings. Only time I can think of something so different was when they went for refueling which was shite.

Biggest change since hybrid engines

4 minutes ago, Traf said:

They could make it more interesting by only having women drivers.

How many laps would a race be? 2? Be safety car daft.

Car no2 has stalled on the starting grid. As has 7,9,21,34,48,57 and 22

car 17 has reversed into car 4 and is driving off oblivious 

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

How many laps would a race be? 2? Be safety car daft.

Car no2 has stalled on the starting grid. As has 7,9,21,34,48,57 and 22

car 17 has reversed into car 4 and is driving off oblivious 

Be fun, though.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Traf said:

Forgive the spam, I don't/won't make a habit of it (Mods, delete post if it breaks rules), but these sell really quickly every season and I thought some of you might be interested...

May be an image of 1 person, car, road and textMay be an image of car, outdoors and textMay be an image of car, outdoors and textMay be an image of car, road and text that says "HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX ROLEX ROLEX ROLEX ROLEX பប ROL ROLEX ROLEX mogo Photogr PRICES FROM PER PERSON £1,965 HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX 29 JULY 1AUGUST 2022 •4-stor Hosted lungaroring favourite grandstand viewing Hotel Moments Budapest Supergold Grandstand •Explore the beautiful city Budapest 1,965 INCLUSIONS: person based odults Moments Budapest, economy with grandstand"May be an image of car, outdoors and textMay be an image of ‎car and ‎text that says "‎ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX ETIHAD ETIHAD THAD ETHAD YASMARUNA YAS اس مرسى حلبة OFFICIAL ON-SELLER PRICES FROM £2,395 PER PERSON Prices from 2,395 per person based on adults sharing ncluding4 star accommodation with daily breakfast, return economy class flights, North Grandstand Ticket return airport and circuit transfers 24-hour emergency contact. 17-21 NOV 2022‎"‎‎May be an image of 4 people, car and textMay be an image of outdoors and text that says "ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX imoge credit: Jamos Moy Photogrophy YASMARNA PRICESFR PER PERSON £4,775 Witness the spectacular Sunset Race Marina the calendar ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX AND MAURITIUS 17 28 NOVEMBER 2022 Grand Post concert access with Mauritius accommodation instunning Mauritius bored INCLUSIONS: grandstand"

This is a lot of what my lad did when working for Thomas Cook Sport. He travelled out to Barcelona to negotiate hotel rooms to go with the package. When it was Dubai, the office manager went out. Strange that.

They also sold a lot of cricket deals for test matches. Don’t know if that particular niche ever got filled.

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

This is a lot of what my lad did when working for Thomas Cook Sport. He travelled out to Barcelona to negotiate hotel rooms to go with the package. When it was Dubai, the office manager went out. Strange that.

They also sold a lot of cricket deals for test matches. Don’t know if that particular niche ever got filled.

Yeah, we do those too 😉
And PL hospitality and boxing and so on.

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Right - I've give it a good go. It was pretty exciting - but mainly because all the cars shit themselves with a couple of laps to go! 🤣

Would you say that is more or less exciting that your average F1 race or about the same?

Well, if you put someone driving through a barrier at 140mph and nearly burning alive at 10 and every Monaco race at 1, that was about a 4. Good start and end but a bit dull in the middle.

God I hate Monaco, although at least it is nice to look at, unlike Imola which is usually piss poor for racing also.

• Members
1 hour ago, kent_white said:

Right - I've give it a good go. It was pretty exciting - but mainly because all the cars shit themselves with a couple of laps to go! 🤣

Would you say that is more or less exciting that your average F1 race or about the same?

It was so so. It was about strategy’s for half of it. No one could call the end of it which is what makes F1 so exciting. This is going to be interesting, the speed and the heat of the cars is going to be a major talking point of this season. 

Hulkenberg got told not to pit because they needed the car to cool. That’s insane never heard that. 

11 minutes ago, Rudy said:

It was so so. It was about strategy’s for half of it. No one could call the end of it which is what makes F1 so exciting. This is going to be interesting, the speed and the heat of the cars is going to be a major talking point of this season. 

Hulkenberg got told not to pit because they needed the car to cool. That’s insane never heard that. 

Yeah I quite enjoyed all the strategy to it - especially the decision to pit in and what tyres to use.

Do they not refuel in the pit anymore?

That DRS thing seemed to make a huge difference is it always like that? 

22 hours ago, mickbrown said:

I'm not watching it. I said that.

I watched 4 seasons worth of F1 in a couple weeks, without wasting my Sunday afternoons.

Here's a novel idea. Try reading what I posted. Dead easy concept, maybe it's just me. 

😀

Ha ha Mr Factually Correct Arse

You got me you fucker 😀

9 hours ago, Traf said:

Forgive the spam, I don't/won't make a habit of it (Mods, delete post if it breaks rules), but these sell really quickly every season and I thought some of you might be interested...

May be an image of 1 person, car, road and textMay be an image of car, outdoors and textMay be an image of car, outdoors and textMay be an image of car, road and text that says "HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX ROLEX ROLEX ROLEX ROLEX பប ROL ROLEX ROLEX mogo Photogr PRICES FROM PER PERSON £1,965 HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX 29 JULY 1AUGUST 2022 •4-stor Hosted lungaroring favourite grandstand viewing Hotel Moments Budapest Supergold Grandstand •Explore the beautiful city Budapest 1,965 INCLUSIONS: person based odults Moments Budapest, economy with grandstand"May be an image of car, outdoors and textMay be an image of ‎car and ‎text that says "‎ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX ETIHAD ETIHAD THAD ETHAD YASMARUNA YAS اس مرسى حلبة OFFICIAL ON-SELLER PRICES FROM £2,395 PER PERSON Prices from 2,395 per person based on adults sharing ncluding4 star accommodation with daily breakfast, return economy class flights, North Grandstand Ticket return airport and circuit transfers 24-hour emergency contact. 17-21 NOV 2022‎"‎‎May be an image of 4 people, car and textMay be an image of outdoors and text that says "ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX imoge credit: Jamos Moy Photogrophy YASMARNA PRICESFR PER PERSON £4,775 Witness the spectacular Sunset Race Marina the calendar ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX AND MAURITIUS 17 28 NOVEMBER 2022 Grand Post concert access with Mauritius accommodation instunning Mauritius bored INCLUSIONS: grandstand"

Mrs Manc said to me today that I should do this at some point. I nearly passed out. She fucking hates F1, or any sport for that matter. You know that Belgium trip that you had arranged for me, that got cancelled due to Covid, well I can maybe see it being slightly rearranged. Spa is the best Grand Prix of the year without a doubt

• Members
14 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Yeah I quite enjoyed all the strategy to it - especially the decision to pit in and what tyres to use.

Do they not refuel in the pit anymore?

That DRS thing seemed to make a huge difference is it always like that? 

Nah haven’t refuelled for at least 10 years, cost too much and wasn’t safe. That’s why their hybrid. 
Yeah get within 1 second of the car in front and the wings open to reduce drag in the slip stream and overtake. Then it closes back up automatically.

The changes they’ve made this season should make for closer racing, if you look at the first lap it was very bunched in there, plus the braking zones now with these new cars make for great overtaking in the corners