Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Cost Of Living Crisis

gonzo

33 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Doesn't matter what I use down here the water is so rubbish, you can never get a cup of tea that tastes like it does back home.

Even my kids think southern water is bobbins despite having grown up with it.

I especially like the scum you get on top of the brews if you leave the teabag in more than a minute. And don't get me started on Calgon!

Agreed, our water is crap - so we had a filter fitted, which makes a world of difference.

10 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Agreed, our water is crap - so we had a filter fitted, which makes a world of difference.

We drink fizzy water and any tap water goes in the fridge so it's ice cold.

So apparently because our ater is groundwater its less prone to contamination unlike the soft northern surface water, but it tastes shite because of the dissolved minerals underground and has a lot of calcium which gives it the slightly chemically taste - but its actually better for you than soft water because of these minerals.

But if you like nice hair, better tasting water, cleaner clothes and streak free windows - stay up North.

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Doesn't matter what I use down here the water is so rubbish, you can never get a cup of tea that tastes like it does back home.

Even my kids think southern water is bobbins despite having grown up with it.

I especially like the scum you get on top of the brews if you leave the teabag in more than a minute. And don't get me started on Calgon!

Good point.

That said, we have the finest tap water in the world.

4 hours ago, Pablo said:

Nobody crying about energy bills anymore then ??!!

Mine is £700 in credit and never once went about £250 a month.

mine comes to a end 31st Aug  got a Email

GAS          ELE 

£509         £217    OLD    £726

£907         £426  NEW    £1332

for the year 😥😥😥

4 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

We drink fizzy water and any tap water goes in the fridge so it's ice cold.

So apparently because our ater is groundwater its less prone to contamination unlike the soft northern surface water, but it tastes shite because of the dissolved minerals underground and has a lot of calcium which gives it the slightly chemically taste - but its actually better for you than soft water because of these minerals.

But if you like nice hair, better tasting water, cleaner clothes and streak free windows - stay up North.

Will you fuck off with your SE chalk laden aquafer derived hard water designed to promote Evian sales.

Apart from a bit of radiation the water off granite moorland is great down here.

PS. You may want to do a freedom of information request as was told by Xylem  that Thames planning to treat final effluent for drinking water as cheaper than desalination. Works fine  for boltys’ mob but not sure will get past Muslim principles 

Edited by green genie

• 3 weeks later...