Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dave Felgate

Rioch doesnt emerge with much credit from that article!

It's obvious Felgate bears a grudge but Rioch had decided he wasn't up to the job. Whenever ex players slag off their former managers/colleagues it's usually best to read between the lines. Rioch was right and you could bet his version would be a little different. I still have a lot of time for Felgate though. He is one of those players who are Bolton through and through and gave me some great (and not so great, but that's football!) memories.

It's obvious Felgate bears a grudge but Rioch had decided he wasn't up to the job. Whenever ex players slag off their former managers/colleagues it's usually best to read between the lines. Rioch was right and you could bet his version would be a little different. I still have a lot of time for Felgate though. He is one of those players who are Bolton through and through and gave me some great (and not so great, but that's football!) memories.

A few of us went to Hilton Park once to watch Leigh RMI when Felgate was in goal there, we obviously partook in the refreshment bar and gave Felgate a proper good afternoon, "Wales Wales number 1" and all that crap, he laughed all the way through the game, came talking to us after the game, good lad he is.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.