Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Greece Vs Germany. Prize Fund €280 Billion

Spider

Not as clueless as those who ignore the huge amount of evidence and fact that suggests austerity is absolute bollocks.

We told you a month ago that for every commie rag you quoted there was a capitalist pig to counter it.

If there was the perfect solution from page 43 of the "how to control world finance" then it would have been used. But there isn't. Hence subjective opinions from all sides but no absolute answer.

So you'd rather have regulation with a restricted market, and have us believe you're not a commie

Ahh the great it's either like this or communism falsehood. Simply saying that it is one extreme or another is not true.

What we've got has failed. People want to pretend it hasn't or that it isn't responsible for the financial crisis or boom and bust economy or increasingly being reliant on a financial trading market that cannot possibly continuously grow. They blame everything else because facing up to the truth is harder.

It is easy to brand anyone who argues this as a communist but that is exactly the same as branding anyone who doesn't agree with unchecked immigration a racist.

I also think too many people are prepared to settle for something shit rather than aspiring for better. You can have a market with control. you can if you want to rebalance an economy without ending up in mud huts.

But we've been round and round on this and you still seem to subscribe to the 'it's this or it's communism' argument, so probably best just leave it as agreeing to disagree.

Edited by bwfcfan5

Your words were;

"Good graph to show the failure of free market economics and de-regulation. A good lesson indeed."

Does it not then follow that you prefer the opposite?

Pretty simple answer will do. It's Saturday night, I'm part baked, and have low tolerance levels of halfwits. ????

Your words were;

"Good graph to show the failure of free market economics and de-regulation. A good lesson indeed."

Does it not then follow that you prefer the opposite?

Pretty simple answer will do. It's Saturday night, I'm part baked, and have low tolerance levels of halfwits.

No. There are a lot of choices in between. Edited by bwfcfan5

No. There are a lot of choices in between.

But none of them related to the graph? Aye alreet.

It's your idealistic solutions championing the wrongdoing of cleverer men and wimminfolk than both of us.

There is NO perfect solution. And the reason for that is one man's greed is another man's hunger. For every cause there is an effect. It's how we are made.

That's life. Proper life. Not polytechnic utopia sponsored by daddy's financial safety net.

If you don't believe me watch a nature programme where a big animal eats a little one.

Good graph to show the failure of free market economics and de-regulation. A good lesson indeed.

The point about the chart, which seems to pass you commies by, is that we haven't had "austerity", just a reduction in the increase of govt borrowing.

What austerity isn't, but clearly what the screeching hordes think it is;

A cut in Govt spending back down towards realistic, sustainable levels, after being driven up by a deluded Scottish twat

What austerity isn't, but clearly what the screeching hordes think it is;

A cut in Govt spending back down towards realistic, sustainable levels, after being driven up by a deluded Scottish twat

That's your own particular spin on things. See the OECD and IMF have warned against further austerity especially needless and quick cuts, but then what do they know more than Rupert Murdoch's lackeys? Edited by bwfcfan5

I don't pretend to know anything about this.......

But....are we suggesting that Austerity is just slowing down the amount of debt were getting into?

If even by cutting costs we still borrow more and more....how does that ever end well?

How do we ever get to a stage where we bring in more than we spend? - is that possible?

I don't pretend to know either but I understand austerity focuses on money out not money in. The clever bit is judging how they are linked, if you can increase the money out in the right places then it's not all x -y calculations. I'm sure Eddie Davies has similar dilemas.