Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

47 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I think you are correct, but the fact many on here were supporters of Anderson and that was clearly wrong and irrational thinking, in my opinion Anderson supporters took the opposite stance to the trust, just for the sake of it.  

Sorry Mounts but you are quite wrong on this. The ST lost support for several reasons but an important one was its persistent failure to address the role of Dean Holdsworth in the additional and significant hurdles Ken Anderson had to overcome from day one.

5 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Just for clarity purposes, there has always been a second bidder who was doing a deal direct with Moonshift, I mentioned this last weekend I believe, Basran maybe doesn’t know that yet.

I am glad you have said that because I have heard this from a very reliable source , - the only element that has surprised me  in what has played out thus far in public is that Michael James has appeared to have nailed his colours firmly with team Basran , when from what I know of the other party I would have thought his interests might have been better served by biding his time ? 

Edited by Benny The Ball

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It is no surprise as stated earlier in this thread the best option is not to buy from Anderson.  If they can buy cheaper that will allow more investment in the squad. (Hopefully)

The problem as Basran will find is that Moonshift will not call in the shares, they do not want ownership of the club (and it’s obligations) therefore the process is: 

Buy the debt obligation for £8M 

Recall the shares from Ken....... this cannot happen whilst there is a WU unless they obtain a validation order...... 

Won’t be cheaper other than cutting Ken’s fee.

7 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

The problem as Basran will find is that Moonshift will not call in the shares, they do not want ownership of the club (and it’s obligations) therefore the process is: 

Buy the debt obligation for £8M 

Recall the shares from Ken....... this cannot happen whilst there is a WU unless they obtain a validation order...... 

Won’t be cheaper other than cutting Ken’s fee.

How would the EFL view such a shares transfer from one owner to another via the purchase and recall of a debt? 

I don't think that will be allowed to occur without significant punishment....

2 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

All this still in the public domain Howard?

Yes by deduction, Ken was mandated/given special allowance by Moonshift to sell the shares, hence why he was negotiating with him.

Edited by Howardroark
Addition

2 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Leaving aside any HMRC interest, what makes you think, Sluffy, that Tom Morris (owner of 80% of PBP)  would be (or was) content for Michael James to walk of with a debt of £5.5m owed to PBP and for it then to become a secured tax-free debt due to MJ?

As for whether it could be considered a bad or doubtful debt, you could take a look at what the company had to say about it when the most recent accounts of PBP were signed off and filed. You'll find it all in note 3 of the accounts filed on 28 December 2018.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07345546/filing-history

I don't Chris.

I noted well that up to this point Howard had ducked this point that you had raised, so clearly he isn't as knowledgeable as he portrays himself to be.  Indeed how you phrased the question (you broke it down so the rest of us could follow your reasoning) seemed to imply so much so that even a schoolboy level of knowledge of the subject would know Howards explanation on this was incorrect.

However to be fair to Howard he's the only one, anywhere, to give us a narrative as to what might be happening and why - which does seem plausible and realistic and gives us something to talk about and consider.

I've no idea why he's simply appeared at this stage and share with us his account of what is happening - no doubt he has his agenda - and I doubt they are completely covered by his previous stated explanation of his concern to let us know the Basran Consortium is not flush with investment to take the club much further than where we are already.

He certainly has more knowledge on the subject than all but a few on here and if for no other reason than to pass the time away until something definite does happen with the sale/purchase of the club, I for one welcome his input and comments - but still wait to see how things actually turn in real life.

Howard has certainly given us an insight into what might be happening and why (we had absolutely non until he turned up - Iles and Nixon certainly didn't know - they had us as being bought weeks ago!) and I'm sure there is more than a colonel of truth of truth in what he says - even though he's been pulled up by one or two such as yourself in that he is clearly wrong about certain specific aspects of his account.

Do I believe him/her, I believe him as much as I do anyone posting on the internet or I meet down at the pub - but every now and again some of them are indeed correct.

The reason I posted the summary list was as much for my understanding of the days narrative of where we are going/might be heading, than anyone else's and to pass it on to the readers of Nuts to share with fellow Bolton fans.

I do hope Howard continues to keep us informed/entertained depending on how you view his reason for being here!

19 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Sorry Mounts but you are quite wrong on this. The ST lost support for several reasons but an important one was its persistent failure to address the role of Dean Holdsworth in the additional and significant hurdles Ken Anderson had to overcome from day one.

It did I agree but the main motive on here for folk backing ken seemed to be that him and the trust were at odds. 

2 minutes ago, Howardroark said:

Yes by deduction, Ken was mandated/given special allowance by Moonshift to sell the shares, hence why he was negotiating with him.

Ah ok so you have deduced from what’s gone on that Basran has had no direct contact with Moonshift yet state it so matter of factly.. 

I’m not knocking your knowledge on this matter and the insight you have brought but I and possibly many others would just rather you reveal your true position rather than this smoke and mirrors bollocks of being a fan and an investigative extraordinaire 

2 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

I don't Chris.

I noted well that up to this point Howard had ducked this point that you had raised, so clearly he isn't as knowledgeable as he portrays himself to be.  Indeed how you phrased the question (you broke it down so the rest of us could follow your reasoning) seemed to imply so much so that even a schoolboy level of knowledge of the subject would know Howards explanation on this was incorrect.

However to be fair to Howard he's the only one, anywhere, to give us a narrative as to what might be happening and why - which does seem plausible and realistic and gives us something to talk about and consider.

I've no idea why he's simply appeared at this stage and share with us his account of what is happening - no doubt he has his agenda - and I doubt they are completely covered by his previous stated explanation of his concern to let us know the Basran Consortium is not flush with investment to take the club much further than where we are already.

He certainly has more knowledge on the subject than all but a few on here and if for no other reason than to pass the time away until something definite does happen with the sale/purchase of the club, I for one welcome his input and comments - but still wait to see how things actually turn in real life.

Howard has certainly given us an insight into what might be happening and why (we had absolutely non until he turned up - Iles and Nixon certainly didn't know - they had us as being bought weeks ago!) and I'm sure there is more than a colonel of truth of truth in what he says - even though he's been pulled up by one or two such as yourself in that he is clearly wrong about certain specific aspects of his account.

Do I believe him/her, I believe him as much as I do anyone posting on the internet or I meet down at the pub - but every now and again some of them are indeed correct.

The reason I posted the summary list was as much for my understanding of the days narrative of where we are going/might be heading, than anyone else's and to pass it on to the readers of Nuts to share with fellow Bolton fans.

I do hope Howard continues to keep us informed/entertained depending on how you view his reason for being here!

To confirm my statement on the MJ share transfer, 

I speculated it was a debt to equity transfer between PBP and Whites Ventures; 

I then suggested that MJ had taken personal responsibility for the loan and that if this was correct, he could convert it inside of the company (Directors loan etc). 

I again speculated that perhaps he had been able to obtain the personal responsibility by off-setting the loan against his future earnings. 

None of the above is impossible, admittedly it would suggest a very close relationship between the directors of PBP- MJ & Alan, but it’s not an impossible stretch to think they’ve done a deal. 

I actually now believe there has been no transfer of debt to equity and MJ is just on the board as they have agreed a staggered repayment deal and that was one of the conditions.

5 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Ah ok so you have deduced from what’s gone on that Basran has had no direct contact with Moonshift yet state it so matter of factly.. 

I’m not knocking your knowledge on this matter and the insight you have brought but I and possibly many others would just rather you reveal your true position rather than this smoke and mirrors bollocks of being a fan and an investigative extraordinaire 

I believe I’ve already proven myself to be a fan so I take offence at the ‘bollocks’ remark. 

You will find confirmation in the media that Ken holds the mandate to sell the club at present and that this was given to him by Moonshift despite him being in default.