Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Traffic

gonzo

• Members
5 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Exactly- they asked the supporters what they wanted. Community engagement?

Plenty still saying queues are big, so can understand buses arriving earlier. 

In the prem days, I used to catch the earlier one, and was happy to get their a bit early. 

Have a quiet beer or whatever, and there was no fanzone.

All a matter of choice. Your choice is not to go early, fair enough. 

The buses aren't arriving ridiculously early because of the queues at the turnstile and it's disingenuous to claim they are

Also, you used to catch the "earlier one" and you claim @FrancisFogarty is simply choosing not to go early, but that's not really the choice, is it?

There's no earlier one and later one, just a bus that arrives at the stupidly early time of an hour and forty five minutes before a Saturday afternoon kick off

It stinks

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

The buses aren't arriving ridiculously early because of the queues at the turnstile and it's disingenuous to claim they are

Also, you used to catch the "earlier one" and you claim @FrancisFogarty is simply choosing not to go early, but that's not really the choice, is it?

There's no earlier one and later one, just a bus that arrives at the stupidly early time of an hour and forty five minutes before a Saturday afternoon kick off

It stinks

This, this, and more this.

I'm being told get there early, drink what we've got, not what you want. 

• Site Supporter

And as we have said previously a dad and two kids go on the bus. £21 before they have even got there as there are no kids prices on the bus. Even though he might have got them a ST for a great price he can’t afford to get them there.

Edited by FrancisFogarty
New shit etc

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It stinks

I didn't say they were, whatsoever. 

The thread discusses the fanzone, and previous comments about it being packed and queues to get in.

Maybe you haven't been reading it all.

Anyway, if the club sees that folk are queuing for ages then perhaps getting buses there a bit earlier would help in that regard.

Clearly there is a desire from some fans to spend their money beforehand, indeed loads on here readily voiced their desire for such a place. The club listened and and built a fanzone. Now the bus arrives earlier to enable them to enjoy it.

Yes it may be frustrating for those that don't want to go for some pre match food etc, but there isn't demand to justify 2 bus times.

It is ultimately a choice, FF has decided to sort his own transport out, as many already do.

The club is seemingly being criticised by fans for helping them do what they wanted.

I've looked at the queue before now and didn't bother, although the reports of some decent Indian food was tempting.

Bugger all wrong with improving the accessibility to it. 

I either drive or get the train so the bus timings don't affect me but I thought I'd have two penneth.

It seems that folk are moan that the bus arrives early, Neil made them do it, so that they then have to spend money in either the Fanzone or surrounding food outlets which then increases the overall match day costs.

Have they considered either have some food before they leave home and bringing a few bottles or cans with them to drinks before the match or even making some food to bring along and eat on arrival?

• Members
4 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I didn't say they were, whatsoever. 

The thread discusses the fanzone, and previous comments about it being packed and queues to get in.

Maybe you haven't been reading it all.

Anyway, if the club sees that folk are queuing for ages then perhaps getting buses there a bit earlier would help in that regard.

Clearly there is a desire from some fans to spend their money beforehand, indeed loads on here readily voiced their desire for such a place. The club listened and and built a fanzone. Now the bus arrives earlier to enable them to enjoy it.

Yes it may be frustrating for those that don't want to go for some pre match food etc, but there isn't demand to justify 2 bus times.

It is ultimately a choice, FF has decided to sort his own transport out, as many already do.

The club is seemingly being criticised by fans for helping them do what they wanted.

I've looked at the queue before now and didn't bother, although the reports of some decent Indian food was tempting.

Bugger all wrong with improving the accessibility to it. 

Alright then, the buses aren't arriving ridiculously early because supporters don't want to queue too long for the FanZone and it's disingenuous to claim they are

It seems pretty clear it's an expense the club would rather not be burdened with so they're making it as expensive and inconvenient as possible, and all the while, I suspect, hoping it encourages people to spend more time (and money) in the FanZone

To present it as the club respecting the wishes of the supporters is bollocks

• Members
4 hours ago, freds dad said:

I either drive or get the train so the bus timings don't affect me but I thought I'd have two penneth.

It seems that folk are moan that the bus arrives early, Neil made them do it, so that they then have to spend money in either the Fanzone or surrounding food outlets which then increases the overall match day costs.

Have they considered either have some food before they leave home and bringing a few bottles or cans with them to drinks before the match or even making some food to bring along and eat on arrival?

No, they're just complaining it arrives too early

They've got an hour and forty five minutes to kill befre kick off on a Saturday afternoon

35 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

No, they're just complaining it arrives too early

They've got an hour and forty five minutes to kill befre kick off on a Saturday afternoon

Imagine sat in the freezing pissing down rain around the ground in December with cans to sup ahead of Bristol Rovers at home. 

What a depressing thought.

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Alright then, the buses aren't arriving ridiculously early because supporters don't want to queue too long for the FanZone and it's disingenuous to claim they are

It seems pretty clear it's an expense the club would rather not be burdened with so they're making it as expensive and inconvenient as possible, and all the while, I suspect, hoping it encourages people to spend more time (and money) in the FanZone

Im sure they consulted with maggie

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

So why are they putting them on earlier then, if its not to get people into the fanzone earlier and avoid some of the issues, which is what I said.

Oh hang on, it's to get people into the fanzone earlier which is what you've said!

Comments and observations abound on here that the fanzone has big queues and people find it very busy.

So yes, they will make it easier to get folk in there, and yes spend money. Which is exactly what fans wanted and asked for.

If you know differently, then please explain.

Really isn't rocket science. A demand there which they have catered for.

If you don't want to go into it, don't.

If you or anyone else feels that strongly, don't go to the game. 

You'll be in a minority though, as many like and appreciate what has been created.

I don't recall loads moaning about the club shop selling over priced stuff: buy it or don't.

I happen to think 30 odd quid is way too much for a ticket to third tier football, but folk still pay it, as they do for food at various outlets on the site.

It's their choice.

• Members
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

So why are they putting them on earlier then, if its not to get people into the fanzone earlier and avoid some of the issues, which is what I said.

Oh hang on, it's to get people into the fanzone earlier which is what you've said!

Comments and observations abound on here that the fanzone has big queues and people find it very busy.

So yes, they will make it easier to get folk in there, and yes spend money. Which is exactly what fans wanted and asked for.

You'll be in a minority though, as many like and appreciate what has been created.

I don't recall loads moaning about the club shop selling over priced stuff: buy it or don't.

I happen to think 30 odd quid is way too much for a ticket to third tier football, but folk still pay it, as they do for food at various outlets on the site.

It's their choice.

Clearly, I'm not claiming, as you are, that they're arriving early as a favour to supporters

And there's quite a difference a choice not to spend money in the club shop and a choice not to go to matches altogether

Whatever the reason, it's a rum do in my opinion for people who ctach the bus - many of whom will be season ticket holders - to be told they either put up with arriving outside the ground almost two hours before kick-off or they can fuck off, especially when many of them would've done their bit to keep the club afloat when it was on its arse

But you obviously disagree so it's pointless continuing any further

• Members
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

It's their choice.

So you've spent £21 on bus fares for you and two kids 

You get to the ground in a time before that which the actual match will last

And do what? You can sit around and do nowt, so why have a bus that takes you to the ground before you can actually get in?

Doesn't matter whether they go into fanzone or KFC, as I said it's setting it up to fail 

8 hours ago, BeeversLeftPeg said:

Imagine sat in the freezing pissing down rain around the ground in December with cans to sup ahead of Bristol Rovers at home. 

What a depressing thought.

They'd have to be cans of pop. You can't drink alcohol around the stadium, unless you're in the fanzone

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

So you've spent £21 on bus fares for you and two kids 

You get to the ground in a time before that which the actual match will last

And do what? You can sit around and do nowt, so why have a bus that takes you to the ground before you can actually get in?

Doesn't matter whether they go into fanzone or KFC, as I said it's setting it up to fail 

Can’t you just sit on the bus until ten to three