Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Help

no problems sorting your trip to Benidorm though was there?

get your act together sunshine!

But being constructive - Smithills Farm is always a popular choice with the nippers.

But being constructive - Smithills Farm is always a popular choice with the nippers.

YES BENIDORM WAS EASY TO BOOK - AND I BOOKED THE RIGHT AIRPORT .

THE ONLY 2 WACKY WAREHOUSE I CAN THINK OF ARE BEEHIVE AND RED LION - 4 LANE ENDS .

There are a few Whacky Warehouse's have you tried them all?

If not take them to the pub, they'll annoy everyone in there but they'll have a good time and you can get pissed - result :good:

People who dump their kiddies in pubs to run about willy nilly want lining up against a wall. They wouldn't like it if I ran around Tumble Jungle with a can of special brew saying rude swear words would they? But I think's a whole other thread!

People who dump their kiddies in pubs to run about willy nilly want lining up against a wall. They wouldn't like it if I ran around Tumble Jungle with a can of special brew saying rude swear words would they? But I think's a whole other thread!

You can't talk til you have kids :p

• Members
When was the last time anyone off here visited Kearsley for owt?

I once went to a cricket club for summat or other on Springfield Road. 1973 I think it was. Graveyard with fairy lights. Never went back. Remember a pub called t'Moss rose as well. The regulars looked like the extras from Wacko Jackos 'Killer' video.

Now Horwich is a whole different story. Played gridiron for the Bolton Braves at Grundy Hill until they moved on and mutated into the Westoughton Greyhounds. Must say I thought Horwich was OK. Howfen was a different world. One that time forgot.

I once went to a cricket club for summat or other on Springfield Road. 1973 I think it was. Graveyard with fairy lights. Never went back. Remember a pub called t'Moss rose as well. The regulars looked like the extras from Wacko Jackos 'Killer' video.

Now Horwich is a whole different story. Played gridiron for the Bolton Braves at Grundy Hill until they moved on and mutated into the Westoughton Greyhounds. Must say I thought Horwich was OK. Howfen was a different world. One that time forgot.

Careful Bolty. theres a few Moss Rosers come on here.

Oh fcuk it, yer 12,000 miles away, GIVE IT TO 'EM ::::::::lol::::::::

• Members
Careful Bolty. theres a few Moss Rosers come on here.

Oh fcuk it, yer 12,000 miles away, GIVE IT TO 'EM :::::::::lol:::::::::

:D Bleedin 'ell Bogsy, I thought you knew me by now! Just baiting the Moss Rosers :D Me old man was born and browt up at 189 Springfield Road. He used to enjoy the odd snifter at the Rose. Since living in your neck o't woods, I don't believe he goes to the one in the valley.

Me - I'm a Tonge Moor lad. Starkie end.

Guest The Special One
A few things have changed since you left,Tonge Moor has been demolished - well all apart from the Starkie,which is now a Mosque :o

Don't even joke, that will happen within the next decade

Maybe i shouldn't have said that,might be seen as being "relig ist"(new trendy word,not yet discovered by the PC crowd - but it will be :roll: ) by some touchy fcukers. I'll have Kent White on my case. :)

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Members
A few things have changed since you left,Tonge Moor has been demolished - well all apart from the Starkie,which is now a Mosque :o

:( Bleedin ell. It was only Daubhill and t'bottom end o' Halliwell Rd plus parts of Blackburn Rd when I left. Have they reached Tonge Moor? Next you'll be telling me they've taken over the whole of Tintern Avenue.

Never see one here. Only the odd Indian and they're usually doctors and the like. No problems with Indians.

1973 I think it was. Howfen was a different world. One that time forgot.

Oi, cheeky get, I grew up in Howfen in the 70s.

I remember my first day at Fourgates County Primary after we moved there - coming home my mum asked me what was the first thing another kid said to you?

"Ah'll smash thee tha' bloody yed reet in" I answered.

Happy days :-k

• Members
Oi, cheeky get, I grew up in Howfen in the 70s.

I remember my first day at Fourgates County Primary after we moved there - coming home my mum asked me what was the first thing another kid said to you?

"Ah'll smash thee tha' bloody yed reet in" I answered.

Happy days :-k

My mam owned Westoughton Greyhounds for years. Met some fooking characters up there. Cow yeds, the lot of em :D

• Moderators

As you probably know, De Lacy has gone. The chippy at the top of Entwistle St now a kebab shop, as is Starkie Chippy, well that's a curry place. There are still no ethnics in T/M except those working in said kebab/curry places.

• Members
As you probably know, De Lacy has gone. The chippy at the top of Entwistle St now a kebab shop, as is Starkie Chippy, well that's a curry place. There are still no ethnics in T/M except those working in said kebab/curry places.

Aye, I knew about De Lacy going. Good mate of mine over here who has done VERY well for himself was born and bred there and been back recently. He used to hang with a certain family of brothers well known from DL Drive. Making a mint now at a major Petroleum Company down here.

One of my few TM comrades here (my first house when wed was in Huntroyde). Most of the BWFC fans I know here are ex-Halliwell (particularly Eskrick St area). Must be fooking grim up theer if so many have scarpered<insert fishing rod smiley>.

Good to hear TM is is still 'England for the English'.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.