Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pathetic

Guest The Special One

Guest The Special One

We've played a team who's been in the bottom 3 all season 3 times and we can't beat them.

wtf is all that about???

Edited by The Special One

We have 11 decent players and ONE style of playing.

If we lose integral members of the teams style we are incapable of adapting that ONE style.

Without Davies we are completely lost cos the high balls NEVER get won! . . . but the plan remains the same.

The replacements for the 11 decent players are completely inept at Premiership level.

Also if teams come to the Reebok wanting a point . . . the games are always sh*ite and the result is usually a draw!

Was ??5 value for money tonight? No probably not!

• Moderators

surprised you saw it like that arnold

was very impressed with andranik, and i thought at times second half we played some decent stuff, most of it after the greek slung his hook

maybe - and i probably am - i'm easily pleased

ps the two full backs were as good as any of the rest, but then i would say that

was very impressed with andranik, and i thought at times second half we played some decent stuff, most of it after the greek slung his hook

ps the two full backs were as good as any of the rest, but then i would say that

thought tonite with subs we ad to make we totatly lost the plot bought time we made left n right full back changes n get a midfield player n get rid of the greek hunt

Aye perhaps I am being a little rough on the Andranik... he does seem to offer a little more drive in midfield and after a shaky start he showed up ok. Vaz Te, Pederson, Stelios are not really good enough for me though.

We didn't need to play that well to win the game... we just needed to play differently... a bit more football in the final 3rd and less aimless crosses into a crowded box would have done the job I feel. How many corners did we have? They were not bad deliveries either but they were heading em away everytime. . . a few short ones and some clever movement in and around the box may have done the trick.

Any news on the Elk's injury? He didn't look too bad when he walked off maybe it was just a precaution...god knows we need some quality upfront with Davies out.

I thought our shape all over the pitch was all wrong tonight but up front we missed the authority SKD shows week in week out, holding the ball and laying it off. Thank god he's ours for the next few years!!!

Any news on the Elk's injury? He didn't look too bad when he walked off maybe it was just a precaution...god knows we need some quality upfront with Davies out.

I thought our shape all over the pitch was all wrong tonight but up front we missed the authority SKD shows week in week out, holding the ball and laying it off. Thank god he's ours for the next few years!!!

stop moaning come on you whites

a team comes and defends for there lives and we complain we go away and deffend for are lives and we are happy as larry (never met this larry guy like). we have to acsept that some times we are just not good enough to break at team like that down we missed some vital players and the bog of a pitch we have at the reebok dont help and a padantic prick of a ref also spoilt the tempo we usualy set.

on a possitive note andranik was impressive when he came on but i would like to see him play in the middfield with nolan next to him to create more space for him to pick out passes

• Site Supporter

charlton defended really well, you have to give em credit for that.

we could of had 2 pens, one so blatent, the ref should be fined!

we had no luck, charlton had lots.

andranik was poor at 1st but quickly improved.

gardner also gained confidence as the game went on, best game back so far.

and at one point we had a 2nd string front 3, none of who are good enough anyway.

finally, at least we dint lose, which we could have done late on.

must be beat watford now!

Wanderer's football was dire !

Open your eyes Dollybird. The finishing was poor and the ball in the box just did not drop for us but we played OK.

Once the reorganised team settled down in the second half we played some decent stuff. It took time but we realised the shape of the team lead to a need to get the ball wide. It is a long time since we have seen a 30 minute period of pressure, like last night.

I thought Gardner and Hunt played as well as a full back pairing as we have seen for some time. Good forward play and plenty of balls into the box.

Andranik had a good second half and gave a far higher energenic performance (box-to-box, supporting play etc) than we have seen from Nolan all season.

Just one of those nights. A little more luck with the ball dropping to a Bolton player in the box and it could have been an easy win.

I gave my ticket away, ill as f??ck and would have caught pneumonia in that stadium if I was sitting around for 90 minutes.

We drew at home & should have won - so what? It happens in football, I wish some poeple would stop being so over-the-top.

charlton were griity determined and physical, they also wasted a lot of time, we had our 3 front players out of the game, 3 days earlier we had grafted our bollox of to deny arsenal, you have to bare that in mind when commenting on the performance, the plus for me was ricardo looking more like his old self and the style of andranik's play

Just one of those nights. A little more luck with the ball dropping to a Bolton player in the box and it could have been an easy win.

We shouldn't be relying on luck to get the ball to a white shirt. Good, old-fashioned passing should see to that.

Unfortunately, we're a bit rubbish at it when we get in the final third.

If our usual "stand it up in the box and see what happens" tactic falls down we don't have anyone in the midfield with enough about them to try anything else.

Oh, and when we did have a "bit of luck" in the box, Vaz Te somehow contrived to slice it wildly to Nolan, who spooned it high over an open goal.

Captain Kev was awful, by the way. I don't expect anyone to fill the void left by Davies, but the occasional challenge here and there wouldn't have gone amiss.

The three penalties we should have had would have got us out of jail, mind.

A bad night.

Me personally, i didn't think it was that bad of a game(well 2nd half). With a little bit of luck we would have won easily.

I've seen Bolton dominate games like that before & lose, so I'll take a point from last nights game, regroup & go for the throats of Watford & Fullham.

6 points from those games & were back on track.

The Ref was Shocking, our play in the final 3rd was a bit poor & our finishing was a let down.

But the pressure in the 2nd half was exciting in parts & like I've said before, with a little luck we could have won.

Regards Isaac

toodle pip

Thought we played well last night considering the key players we had missing/lost durIng the game. With abit of luck and two pens we might have sneaked a goal. Charlton didnt let us play play from the back and we didnt have enough up front. The only thing we did wrong was giving them a soft goal and something to hang onto which they did. The only thing that showed last night was our poor our squad is! Stelios, Vaz Te should be coming in and making a claim for a regular spot like Andranik did but were poor.

Dioufs back on sat so we should see more qulitybeing put in the box rather than those crosses from deep!!

Edited by RayVon

Thought we played well last night considering the key players we had missing/lost durIng the game. With abit of luck and two pens we might have sneaked a goal. Charlton didnt let us play play from the back and we didnt have enough up front. The only thing we did wrong was giving them a soft goal and something to hang onto which they did. The only thing that showed last night was our poor our squad is! Stelios, Vaz Te should be coming in and making a claim for a regular spot like Andranik did but were poor.

Dioufs back on sat so we should see more qulitybeing put in the box rather than those crosses from deep!!

"Thought we played well last night" what the fu.ck iam a realist but thats bull sh.it

Edited by philgerrard

Wasnt many plus points last nigth

Short sighted that.

Gardner was back to his best and Hunt had a decent game, popping up in the final third to support play.

Our Iranian star had a good second half and showed the likes of Nolan what a box-to-box central midfield player should be doing.

On negative-plus points!: BSA yanking The Greek off after 58 mins shows that his days are numbered :good:

Of course forgot now we should have a devine right to steam roller teams who are battling their b@llocks off to stayin the league and come for a point. You cant question commitment or effort we just couldnt break them down sometimes due to their body on the line defending. People say how Pederson, Stelios, Vaz Te and Hunt arent good enough yet with them in the team and Anelka, Diouf, and Davies not we are always going to struggle.

Clear 5th in league, very good chance of making the last 16 then 8 of the FA Cup, free travel to Arsenal, friend for a fiver, ??15 for cup replay and stillpeople moan. If we got into the champions league people would complain if we lost 2-0 away to Barcelona!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.