Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

To The Orange Warriors (knobs)

YTARMY

NVQ = Not Very Quick

If you was to have to evacuate a stand @ the reebok you would go forward onto the pitch. Perhaps its some of the half witts on here would go under the stand!!

By the way did people on here know that the police are not allowed to kick anyone out of the reebok! or any other ground for that matter they can only observe the stewards to remove people as they cannot be deemed to be acting as agents for the club. So think on that if a dibble comes for you in the ground the odd's are your going to get nicked.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NVQ = Not Very Quick

If you was to have to evacuate a stand @ the reebok you would go forward onto the pitch. Perhaps its some of the half witts on here would go under the stand!!

By the way did people on here know that the police are not allowed to kick anyone out of the reebok! or any other ground for that matter they can only observe the stewards to remove people as they cannot be deemed to be acting as agents for the club. So think on that if a dibble comes for you in the ground the odd's are your going to get nicked.

I think generally the way round that is they'll arrest you for 'public disorder' or 'drunk and disorderly' etc so rather than being turfed out you go straight into police custody, the give you a warning and let you on your way or properly charge you and take you to the cells.

As for NB's tales of woe, you've obviously had some shitty experiences with stewards who are red ginger's of the highest order, however sitting where i sit (i'm assuming you sit ESL) i've only had issues with a steward once and he was there for one match and never seen again.

It seems they stick the stewards with the least nouse and intelligence in the areas where these qualities are most likely to be needed.

Perhaps the polite owd duffer of a steward could be the first one to ask the misbehaving person to behave before the heavy mob, but BWFC seem to have a policy of nuclear being the first option and sending the 'heavy mob' in straight away!

Guest Footyfan
NVQ = Not Very Quick

One thing I found out that I wasn't aware of.

At the Port Vale youth team game at full time I nipped out through the open double doors and went round the corner for a cig and to use my phone.

When I came back round the door had been shut. I knocked on it and the steward said I couldn't come back in as I had "ejected myself" something to do with FA rules. He wouldn't let me back in even though my 11 year old daughter was still in the ground. This was before extra time had started.

I asked him what i could do and he said I would have to go to the main entrance and get them to shout her over the tannoy!!

I said why as it was only a youth game, but he just pleaded ignorance.

This spoon stands near the corner of the ESL / South Stand lower with a black beanie hat on at half time.

He obviously has just read this rule as he patrols the exits near the end of games stopping people going back in.

Anyway I managed to get back in by knocking on another door and speaking to an older steward who let me in no problem. Some of them do have a bit of sense.

Has anyone else ever "ejected themselves". The thought made me laugh after.

It seems they stick the stewards with the least nouse and intelligence in the areas where these qualities are most likely to be needed.

Perhaps the polite owd duffer of a steward could be the first one to ask the misbehaving person to behave before the heavy mob, but BWFC seem to have a policy of nuclear being the first option and sending the 'heavy mob' in straight away!

Frank, in the words of Tony Green....................... :good:

One thing I found out that I wasn't aware of.

At the Port Vale youth team game at full time I nipped out through the open double doors and went round the corner for a cig and to use my phone.

When I came back round the door had been shut. I knocked on it and the steward said I couldn't come back in as I had "ejected myself" something to do with FA rules. He wouldn't let me back in even though my 11 year old daughter was still in the ground. This was before extra time had started.

I asked him what i could do and he said I would have to go to the main entrance and get them to shout her over the tannoy!!

I said why as it was only a youth game, but he just pleaded ignorance.

This spoon stands near the corner of the ESL / South Stand lower with a black beanie hat on at half time.

He obviously has just read this rule as he patrols the exits near the end of games stopping people going back in.

Anyway I managed to get back in by knocking on another door and speaking to an older steward who let me in no problem. Some of them do have a bit of sense.

Has anyone else ever "ejected themselves". The thought made me laugh after.

He's the bald one wearing blue/orange, isn't he? The bloke is a c?nt and I hope his mother dies in a freak yachting accident :good:

Guest Footyfan

It would appear that from the comments and knowledge on this subject of stewards that some of you are indeed stewards.All stewards receive training and are assessed regularly.To me the basic criteria of a good steward is common sense in dealing with all situations taking into account the sex/age etc of the person they are dealing with.Undoubtedly there are some bad stewards at the REEBOK as there are at other grounds and these should be dealt with by their superiors who should also be approached by members of the public should they have a complaint against a particular steward.If spectators feel there is an element of a "closed shop" amongst the stewarding regime then it's time to sort that out.I only had a limited view of the said incident on Thursday and can only reiterate that stewards can ONLY use reasonable force to eject someone from the ground and as people have already said the whole of the incident would have been filmed on CCTV which is just as much for the evidence of the person being ejected as for the police.

• Moderators
Whilst oustide the ground in Macedonia

Don't get me started on that, I made it all the way to the ground, via Prague, Sofia and the Bulgarian/Macedonian countryside, some twathook of a steward on a freebie still thought it was necessary to direct me for the for the final 10 foot of my journey. Cretin.

The stewards at Man shitty are nob heads. They told us to sit down despite their fans being stood up all match. It was the season we beat them 1-0 in the 90th minute. We were having various things thrown at us such as coins and bottles. I asked the steward near me what he was going to do (I wasn't bothered about things hitting me, it was my dad I was concerned for) and his response was 'nothing, they aren't doing anything'. He was then promptly hit on the head by a bottle. (unfortunately, not by me! but that is the closest I have ever come to smacking someone in my whole life).

That's as an away fan, don't think I've encountered them much at the Reebok, but sounds like other people have had bad experiences.

Don't get me started on that, I made it all the way to the ground, via Prague, Sofia and the Bulgarian/Macedonian countryside, some twathook of a steward on a freebie still thought it was necessary to direct me for the for the final 10 foot of my journey. Cretin.

He thought you were Squidgy :D

• Site Supporter
These days, if there is a fire, they no longer lock all the doors and I know the way out.

This is precisely why so many people die in nightclub/stadium fires; I'll go out the way I came in! It's not always the safest route. MickyD VVVVVVVVITK :roll:

:::::lol:::::

This is precisely why so many people die in nightclub/stadium fires; I'll go out the way I came in! It's not always the safest route. MickyD VVVVVVVVITK :roll:

I'll leave by the nearest emergency exit which may be behind me.. oh shit, i'm on a plane

The stewards at Man shitty are nob heads.

I had an incident last season with one. I went for a tinkle just a few minutes after the 3rd goal went in (thanks to FSA for that lie down and die performance btw). Some baldie b?stard steward said "have you had enough, love" and laughed. I then retorted ) that I was actually going to have a piss and shall store do it in a cup & throw it on him if he doesn't shut the f?ck up! I'm not sure what shocked him more, my foul language or the Manc accent he clearly wasn't used to hearing in the ground.

I have to say, it did actually get a bit nasty, but fair play to his supervisor, he moved him (happen he had form).

Edited by no balls

fook that get on the pitch!

There are big signs saying that it is an offence to enter either the pitch or the apron. The stewards might chuck me out.

So I'll think I'll use the lifejacket under my seat as a spacehopper to bounce over the fire

Undoubtedly there are some bad stewards at the REEBOK as there are at other grounds and these should be dealt with by their superiors

You would have thought so wouldn't you - it happens in all other organisations

I complained about the competence of the stewarding operation and got a reply from er...........Rod

Others have done the same and not even had the courtesy of a reply

he probably thought you were a litlle unsteady on your feet, through to many skopsko or the obnoxouis gases on the coach.

:rofl: :yahoo:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.