Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Steed Malbranque

Eddie

IMO this guy would be perfect as our creative midfielder. There are reports that Sunderland are interested and the price is around ?4m which for me seems very cheap.

I know there is the arguement of coming up North, but if he is willing to go to Sunderland (which he might not be for all I know) then he is willing to go anywhere.

There are a lot of if's and but's, but for me I would be very dissapointed if he ended up going to somewhere like Sunderland and we hadn't tried to sign him.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Supporter
IMO this guy would be perfect as our creative midfielder. There are reports that Sunderland are interested and the price is around ?4m which for me seems very cheap.

I know there is the arguement of coming up North, but if he is willing to go to Sunderland (which he might not be for all I know) then he is willing to go anywhere.

There are a lot of if's and but's, but for me I would be very dissapointed if he ended up going to somewhere like Sunderland and we hadn't tried to sign him.

Good call, i think exactly the same. We tried for him a couple of years back. Apparently three of the four Spurs palyers Sunderland were after have told them to stick it. We should defo have a go for him.

Malbranque not interested in going to sunderland if reports today are to be believed, at that price we should at least give it a whirl, also I like Tanio, he is a work horse with plenty of experience and would be a valuable squad player, chimbonda is a willie mackay mercenary so would not be interested in him, not sure about kaboul.

Malbranque not interested in going to sunderland if reports today are to be believed, at that price we should at least give it a whirl, also I like Tanio, he is a work horse with plenty of experience and would be a valuable squad player, chimbonda is a willie mackay mercenary so would not be interested in him, not sure about kaboul.

Tainio is extremely underrated.

Just a shame he's a bit injury prone.

SSN yesterday

Fair enough, seen it myself now.

Good player, but a bit lightweight IMO. Perhaps the deal is: if you take Malbranque, you have to have the cheating mard-arse French tw?t Chimbonda.

• 2 weeks later...
Having medical apparently, have we missed out here? Makems and Fulham seem to be the busiest in the market.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3886910,00.html

well done to sunderland, they are showing a will to increase and improve there squad, we initially looked like we would be very pro-active in the market, unfortunately as per usual we have tailed off and become very dissapointing.

well done to sunderland, they are showing a will to increase and improve there squad, we initially looked like we would be very pro-active in the market, unfortunately as per usual we have tailed off and become very dissapointing.

Of the players they've signed, only Malbranque would have improved our team in my opinion.

• Moderators
40,000 fans every week and an incredibly wealthy consortium behind the club

More money than we can pay

that's why he's going there, same as Diouf

and

a manager who seems to be allowed to throw good money after bad

and one who seems to think all he needs to do is just buys players, shout at them in the dressing room, and they'll play (i.e. not trying to build a team, just buying "good" players and sticking them in together and see what happens)

it won't last

I hope

Edited by ZicoKelly

The kind of money that Keane is spending on transfer fees and also no doubt on wages, I they must be gearing up for european qualification on a regular basis. If they just avoide relegation again as they did last year, then I would expect questions will be asked. As Zico says, he seems to be buying good players, as opposed to building a good team, he's also signed a couple of potential sulky grumpy b'stards as well in Diouf and Chimonda.

I doubt that Keane can keep spenind at the rate he is doing year in, year our with at least an FA Cup to show for it.

If you take the top 4 clubs out of the equation, I'll bet he's spent double what anybody else has in the last year

We are getting left behind in the transfer market - Fulham have signed another today.

Ful and Sund are buying alot but at least if they get injuries they will be ok but we will be in a mess.

We missed the boat when we were in the top 8 and should have pushed on. We now have to accept that we will struggle to compete in the transfer market.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.