Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

1st Car You Ever Owned!

Second han Diahatsu Charade. It was a 1 litre but someone put a turbo engine in it, was like sh*t off a shovel.

It'd be interesting to see it again saying as it was knicked

Last seen in a Salford car park, Salford the Bermand Triangle of car theft.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bright red VW Beetle (J reg). Best car I ever owned.

[ 1966 (Old E Reg) Green VW Beetle; purchased in 1977, from a family friend for the princely sum of ?250.00! Tis the best car i`ve ever owned!

When it died, 5 years later, i put it through the auction at the back of the Albion! Dont know what the mechanics did to it but it came screaching in that fast, I nearly bid for the buggar miself! Got fifty quid for it, to ease the pain. /quote]

Only passed my test two years ago and drive a tip of a white (just) 1993 Toyota Carolla 1.6 - my dad bought me beaded seat covers and a gold tissue box to go with the whole taxi look of it. Wife just laughs at it. Still, Its a bloody tank, got it for the sum of ?300 with 150k on it and in under two years its now on 210K and other than new tyres just keeps going....

B Reg vauxhall Nova 1.2

?50 and was the shittest thing you can think of, was brilliant fun on Stoneclough Industrial Estate when it snowed one year!

My first motor was also a B reg Vauxhall Nova, got it in June 1995. The saloon version with a huge boot.

I believe it did, I think as well, for some strange reason there was only a wing mirror on the drivers side

They do things like that to reduce overall weight and drag on those supercharged sports cars! :pardon:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.